*** The Official December 2019 thread ***

I cant believe I haven't joined this thread yet! We are taking our son, daughter in law, and our dgd who will be 15 months dec 9-15. We have a split stay with 4 night at CBR (free dining bounce back) followed by a 2 night DVC stay at CCV. This morning was our ADR day and I could not get Artist Point...180+4 days out! Plus it still gets my goat that I cant book ADRs for the second portion of the split stay. I'm sure in 4 days there will be no way to get Cali Grill brunch for that Sunday. Grr.....

On the upside, my StL Blues are having a good start in this final game of the Stanley cup 💙

Ugh, my ADR date is midnight HST today/tomorrow?! I'm also trying for Artist's Point. We're also doing a split stay so I'll be up late again in a couple days with you. I've heard Artist's Point does take walk-ins but that was when it first opened & haven't heard recently if that's still possible. We might give walk-in a try on arrival day if I can't get an ADR during our stay. But I'll keep stalking ADRs until we leave on Dec 9. Crossing fingers for both of us!!

I forgot about that one! Character meal, right? Going to have to squeeze that one in. Hoping the Space restaurant will be open by Dec too.
Breakfast is a character meal and dinner is a signature meal. I am hoping to experience the fireworks from both HS and Epcot if I time the ADR right. I will be staying at BC and hope I can just walk on over to the IG and take the skyliner to dinner :)

The space restaurant also sounds exciting! I may have to try and squeeze it in if its open.

@ksromack Just an update on Artist's Point, I was able to book it online for our stay but it's a really late reservation. I had an earlier one, but my saved credit card on file kept getting denied no matter how many times I updated it. I had to manually enter in the same credit card that was on file & by the time I figured that out, only 815pm or later was available. We'll probably have to Uber back to our hotel after dinner, but at least we got an ADR. Our next decision is whether we're going to do a Christmas tour (Holiday D-lights or Yuletide Magic) or Key to the Kingdom. Good luck on your planning!

Ugh, my ADR date is midnight HST today/tomorrow?! I'm also trying for Artist's Point. We're also doing a split stay so I'll be up late again in a couple days with you. I've heard Artist's Point does take walk-ins but that was when it first opened & haven't heard recently if that's still possible. We might give walk-in a try on arrival day if I can't get an ADR during our stay. But I'll keep stalking ADRs until we leave on Dec 9. Crossing fingers for both of us!!
@ksromack Just an update on Artist's Point, I was able to book it online for our stay but it's a really late reservation. I had an earlier one, but my saved credit card on file kept getting denied no matter how many times I updated it. I had to manually enter in the same credit card that was on file & by the time I figured that out, only 815pm or later was available. We'll probably have to Uber back to our hotel after dinner, but at least we got an ADR. Our next decision is whether we're going to do a Christmas tour (Holiday D-lights or Yuletide Magic) or Key to the Kingdom. Good luck on your planning!
Thanks for the update! What night did you get? We really cant eat that late because 8:15 is pretty much my granddaughters bedtime....I'll stalk the reservation finder for sure! We ate there last month and the character interaction and the food was fabulous!

The exact same thing kept happening to me! I couldn't ever get my cc on file work and the 2nd card I tried wouldn't go through either. But you better believe my Disney visa went right through on the first try without any issue.:earboy2: We ended up with 8:50 at Artist Point but I kept checking and was able to get a 7:30. Hopefully you'll have the same luck as me!

The exact same thing kept happening to me! I couldn't ever get my cc on file work and the 2nd card I tried wouldn't go through either. But you better believe my Disney visa went right through on the first try without any issue.:earboy2: We ended up with 8:50 at Artist Point but I kept checking and was able to get a 7:30. Hopefully you'll have the same luck as me!
This happened to me as well, initially couldn't get anything my day except for 9:20 pm (ADR for us was 6/11). Yesterday I found a 7:05 pm and switched. We have younger kiddos so I'm shooting for 5 pm - keeping checking - things open in 6 months!

Attention December/New Year's Eve BLT guests:

Take note of what is happening at ToTWL to the July 4th folk: DVC has just turned it into a paid access event. If this is a sign, then I'd expect them to do the same for any of the big fireworks event nights/holidays, New Years Eve included. Plan accordingly.

As of right now, it looks as though the night before still has the regular high-demand restrictions of "must be staying at BLT". All other days of the year seem to be unchanged and are members (and guest) access only.

Last edited:

Hello! I'm doing both a stay at Universal (late november) and a second week in Pop Century (from 11/28 to 5/12).

Has anyone tried booking a holiday sleigh ride?

I did not see times loaded online and called the recreation number a few times this past week. The last CM I spoke with this morning said Disney is not having them this year because of construction and the horses are being moved offsite. I assume it is the DVC/River Country construction, but just wanted to see if anyone else heard the same?

I spoke to a CM today who said they are reserving sleigh rides however, I'm not within 180 days yet so I wan't able to confirm. Instead, I got a bit creative and decided to rent golf carts instead. Not sure if this is an option for you but I think my kids will get a huge kick out of riding golf carts around The Fort. Second cart is for my friend and her teenagers who will be joining us that day. One of the teenagers is old enough to drive their cart *eek*.

I spoke to a CM today who said they are reserving sleigh rides however, I'm not within 180 days yet so I wan't able to confirm. Instead, I got a bit creative and decided to rent golf carts instead. Not sure if this is an option for you but I think my kids will get a huge kick out of riding golf carts around The Fort. Second cart is for my friend and her teenagers who will be joining us that day. One of the teenagers is old enough to drive their cart *eek*.
Thanks for the info! I originally tried at my 180+ and figured I would check at exactly 180 days which will be tomorrow. After that, I will probably check weekly.

The golf cart had crossed my mind, but I wasn't sure about all of the details. Are you staying at Fort Wilderness?

Thanks for the info! I originally tried at my 180+ and figured I would check at exactly 180 days which will be tomorrow. After that, I will probably check weekly.

The golf cart had crossed my mind, but I wasn't sure about all of the details. Are you staying at Fort Wilderness?

No, we're staying at AoA and my friend is at BCV. We're meeting up at FW for archery, dinner, the campfire and some 'looping'. I was planning to book sleigh rides but remembered that anyone can rent the golf carts. And that is up to a year in advance. I figured they'd be sold out already as FW is sold out that week but nope, there were carts available. Now this CM could have had bad information about the sleigh rides but she seemed really surprised when I mentioned it not being offered this year.

Just booked us at All Star Music for the week before Christmas! So excited as we've never been at Christmas time. I'm hoping for an AP discount, but I want to go either way. We've also never stayed at ASMusic but have the other two, so I'm excited to stay somewhere different and complete the Trio. :flower:

No, we're staying at AoA and my friend is at BCV. We're meeting up at FW for archery, dinner, the campfire and some 'looping'. I was planning to book sleigh rides but remembered that anyone can rent the golf carts. And that is up to a year in advance. I figured they'd be sold out already as FW is sold out that week but nope, there were carts available. Now this CM could have had bad information about the sleigh rides but she seemed really surprised when I mentioned it not being offered this year.
Thanks! I will call again today and inquire about the sleigh ride and also see if a golf cart is available. We're only headed to Fort Wilderness for the HDDR, but we could take a ride around before and after dinner to look at all the decorations. :)

We're going to be at GF from 12/15-12/21. Just booked today so we need to get a plan together for ADR's next week! So excited to go back during the Christmas season again. We were there that same week in 2017 and had a blast.

Thanks for the update! What night did you get? We really cant eat that late because 8:15 is pretty much my granddaughters bedtime....I'll stalk the reservation finder for sure! We ate there last month and the character interaction and the food was fabulous!

We arrive on the 12/10, but nothing for AP was available on that date or the 11th. I tried the 13th & found some availability, but really wanted the 14th & my first open time was 420pm & 715pm. I chose the 420pm & that was the denied credit card on file experience. After I tried to fix the credit card info, I went back & chose the 715pm reservation & CC on file was denied again. I found the saved CC wasn't saving my CCV # for some reason. When I went to book it for the 3rd time, only 815pm & 845pm were available on the 14th. I don't plan on switching it since I booked a late lunch for that day anyway. I hope something becomes available for you. I did see on other Dis posts that the restaurant mentioned they have a lot of walk-in availability that is not mentioned anywhere, but that was when it first opened last year. I don't know if there's a way to contact the restaurant directly where you can verify if that is still the case now.

We've never tried it yet & look forward to experiencing it. I'm guessing there'll be another menu change before we arrive in Dec.

:wave2::cheer2::woohoo: I'm joining in! :woohoo::cheer2::wave2:

We're arriving late November but staying through till the end of December. Being from Australia and having everything sssoooooo far away from us, we make sure we stay for as long as possible after the insanely long flights (it's only a mere 10,167 miles for us to arrive at WDW) and travel times. :P Our official dates are Nov 25th - Dec 13th Pop Century, Dec 13th - 20th The Dark Side (staying at Hard Rock) and Dec 20th - 30th Pop Century once again. Our family of 4 are seasoned WDW travellers and even have a tidy stack of AP to our names. This vacation we are celebrating my 40th, dh's 43rd, our 18th Wedding Anniversary and another extremely successful year of homeschooling our two amazing boys (both have Aspergers - high functioning Autism) who are 16 and 13. Disney is our happy place!!

So far we have booked reservations at Tusker House, Tutto Italia, Le Cellier, Chef Art Smiths Homecomin, Garden Grill, The Edison, Biergarten, Sci-Fi Dine-In, Chefs De France and The Diamond Horseshoe with plans to book 50's Prime Time, Terralina, Liberty Tree (and the new Space Restaurant once they list it) when our next lot of bookings open tomorrow. We'll definitely be giving the Tables In Wonderland card a good workout this trip!!! lol

We're planning on attending 3 x MVMCP (Dec 1, 5 and 12), 2 x Dessert Parties (JBJB and FEA), a couple of DAH if they have them on our dates, and have also booked the Backstage Magic Tour this year. Oh, and if they decide to host another Galactic Nights while we are there, we will be first in line... big Star Wars fans and yes, I am going to cry the second I walk into Galaxy's Edge!

Can't wait to hear about everyone's plans and to get to know you all :D

:wave2::cheer2::woohoo: I'm joining in! :woohoo::cheer2::wave2:

We're arriving late November but staying through till the end of December. Being from Australia and having everything sssoooooo far away from us, we make sure we stay for as long as possible after the insanely long flights (it's only a mere 10,167 miles for us to arrive at WDW) and travel times. :P Our official dates are Nov 25th - Dec 13th Pop Century, Dec 13th - 20th The Dark Side (staying at Hard Rock) and Dec 20th - 30th Pop Century once again. Our family of 4 are seasoned WDW travellers and even have a tidy stack of AP to our names. This vacation we are celebrating my 40th, dh's 43rd, our 18th Wedding Anniversary and another extremely successful year of homeschooling our two amazing boys (both have Aspergers - high functioning Autism) who are 16 and 13. Disney is our happy place!!

So far we have booked reservations at Tusker House, Tutto Italia, Le Cellier, Chef Art Smiths Homecomin, Garden Grill, The Edison, Biergarten, Sci-Fi Dine-In, Chefs De France and The Diamond Horseshoe with plans to book 50's Prime Time, Terralina, Liberty Tree (and the new Space Restaurant once they list it) when our next lot of bookings open tomorrow. We'll definitely be giving the Tables In Wonderland card a good workout this trip!!! lol

We're planning on attending 3 x MVMCP (Dec 1, 5 and 12), 2 x Dessert Parties (JBJB and FEA), a couple of DAH if they have them on our dates, and have also booked the Backstage Magic Tour this year. Oh, and if they decide to host another Galactic Nights while we are there, we will be first in line... big Star Wars fans and yes, I am going to cry the second I walk into Galaxy's Edge!

Can't wait to hear about everyone's plans and to get to know you all :D
Sounds like a lovely long vacation! We are staying one night at HRH (on the 15th) and are mainly concentrating on Suessland (our dgd will be with us and she'll only be 15 months old then) and HP for my son and d-i-l. We're spending one day there in September to ride Hagrids so this december trip is really letting our son and his wife enjoy all the things we have enjoyed multiple times over the past couple of years. I'm hoping it's warm enough to swim (you never know in Dec) because HRH looks to have an amazing pool area!

The Christmas decorations and general atmosphere in December are lovely. I am sure you will love it. Are you traveling with your mom or with your kids?

It will just be a mom and daughter trip. I'm so excited to make new memories with her!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter