*** The Official December 2019 thread ***

I'll be heading to Disney 12/15/19 to 12/20/19 with my brother. Very excited as we've never been during the holidays. Hoping crowds aren't too busy but not putting much hope into that. Our fast pass time comes up next week and hoping for SDD mostly. We booked DAH AK so plan on doing FOP over and over if possible. Also booked a MVMCP for Tuesday 12/17/19. Debating if we want to book a Jingle Jam Dessert Party one of the days as well, read good things about that. Our main interest is rides and food. So excited.

Has anyone called or heard about the Frozen Ever After Dessert Party in December? There still arent any dates available to select. Just curious. In other news, it was our FP day yesterday and we got EVERYTHINGGG. Including Slinky Dog - wahoo!!

Someone just posted in the other thread that the dates are now highlighted blue, just not bookable yet. So there's hope that they're coming soon!

The days show they have been released but there is zero availability, so I think it is not bookable yet

Also it is now almost 100 per adult !

Yeah - they “announced” it earlier in the month maybe at the end of last month? I didn’t actually see anything formal but since I’ve been stalking the page for a while I noticed the wording regarding December. All of the dessert after parties went up in price unfortunately.

I didn't get an email from TP, I probably opted out of communication:). However, I just checked our dates, 12/4-12/11 and discovered just what you've mentioned. About 1/2 of what had been showing for quite awhile. Is there a logical explanation for such a dramatic change? Wondering if they will go back up as the dates get closer.....????

Oh, I hope so, I freaked out a little when I last checked the crowd levels (I arrive one day later and leave one day later than your dates.) for my trip.

Why I don't do Dessert parties anymore. They used to be fairly reasonably priced.
I've never done a dessert party. I can't see spending more on dessert than I would spend on dinner. Desserts are great, but a dessert party would lead me to eat more desserts at one time than I would otherwise.

I’m signed up for the wild Africa trek one morning. Has anyone done that?
I cancelled mine this summer because it was unbearably hot, but I have always wanted to do it! Looks like a lot of fun and seems like December weather could be perfect!

I cancelled mine this summer because it was unbearably hot, but I have always wanted to do it! Looks like a lot of fun and seems like December weather could be perfect!
Aw man that stinks. I just happened across it a few days ago and added it to my trip. I’m a bit nervous about going across the bridges. But other than that I’m pretty excited.

Aw man that stinks. I just happened across it a few days ago and added it to my trip. I’m a bit nervous about going across the bridges. But other than that I’m pretty excited.
IDK if you want to "spoil" the experience, but I have watched some videos and it looks like a fun time! Definitely looks like you are strapped in very securely over that bridge!

Has anyone been able to snag a FP for slinky dog?
I wasn't able to snag SSD at all.....the only time we could have done it was 60+2 days so that's probably why....plus I was pretty picky on wanting a.m. We'll have to rope drop. We're bringing our son, daughter in law, and 1 yr old granddaughter so this has been a real learning experience of me. Our kids were 4 and 5 years old when we first took them to WDW so I'm pretty green about rider switch. I was surprised I couldn't get SDD for just 2!

Is it possible to combine a Christmas tree, gingerbread house resort crawl with a lounge/bar crawl? How would you do it?

Why I don't do Dessert parties anymore. They used to be fairly reasonably priced.
Yeah; I know. I'm really looking at them with a more critical eye. If there's alcohol - I can get my money's worth ;P - and if the fireworks crowd is going to be crazy, (like I'm doing it Christmas Eve at MK) it may just well save my mind! Or if there are characters there that I'm unlikely to see otherwise (Star Wars dessert party - which also has alcohol, so double win!)

Is it possible to combine a Christmas tree, gingerbread house resort crawl with a lounge/bar crawl? How would you do it?

That's a cool idea! Drop into the lounges at the various Deluxe resorts as you make your way around to see the Trees/Houses -

Deluxe resort lounges:
Animal Kingdom - Victoria Falls Lounge
Beach Club - Martha's Vineyard
Boardwalk - Belle Vue Lounge
Contemporary - California Grill Lounge or Outer Rim
Grand Floridan - Enchanted Rose
Polynesian - Tambu Lounge or Trader Sam's Grog Grotto (must visit)
Wilderness Lodge - Geyser Point or Crockett's Tavern

Yeah; I know. I'm really looking at them with a more critical eye. If there's alcohol - I can get my money's worth ;P - and if the fireworks crowd is going to be crazy, (like I'm doing it Christmas Eve at MK) it may just well save my mind! Or if there are characters there that I'm unlikely to see otherwise (Star Wars dessert party - which also has alcohol, so double win!)

The SW Dessert party has special characters? Sadly, no SW fireworks in December as they've replaced them with Jingle Bam, Jingle Jam (which I'm not a fan of, those elves annoy the hell out of me, LOL!), but I may consider a future SW Dessert party if they've got special characters...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!