The Official DIS Oscars LIVE PARTY Thread!!! TONITE: Red Carpet & QUEEN to open the Oscars!

We rented The Favourite last night. All of the nominations were very well deserved! Especially the win.

And I've been watching Queen's Live Aid performance a bunch. Because, well, it's the greatest.

We rented The Favourite last night. All of the nominations were very well deserved! Especially the win.

Haven't seen it yet. I did see Glenn Close in The Wife. I really thought she was going to win for that.

And I've been watching Queen's Live Aid performance a bunch. Because, well, it's the greatest.

Bob Geldof never had an archival master copy made of any of Live Aid, as he thought it would be just a "one off" telethon and not as history making and memorable as it turned out to be. So the only copies there are of any of Live Aid are any recorded home VHS videos people made and uploaded to YouTube and the like. There is probably some pristine copy that hasn't degraded, sitting in somebody's box in a basement somewhere. But, we'll never know, as it will get tossed away eventually as a box of junk. :sad2:

Ok, I became a creepy stalker and looked up photos of Bradley and Irina arriving at Venice last August with their incredibly gorgeous baby girl. Of course she is beautiful. That's the girl he's Gaga for.

Had to go look. . .

cb8c000.jpg

She is a cutie! :lovestruc

Apparently Bradley looks at his GF the same way he looked at Lady Gaga during Shallow:

bradley-cooper-and-irina-shayk-attend-the-91st-annual-news-photo-1127185396-1551055030.jpg

I really don’t understand the love for Roma. I wish I did. DH, who is a native Spanish speaker disliked it too.

I visited this thread to see if anyone had a less than glowing review of Roma. I just finished it and it was meh. Sloooooooow. I have watched more foreign films than I can count, and Roma isn’t remotely close to the top. The last movie I watched before it was Can You Ever Forgive Me?, which certainly wasn’t action packed or about beautiful people, but it held my interest and I enjoyed it.

Add me to the “I don’t get the love for Roma” crowd.

Haven't seen it yet. I did see Glenn Close in The Wife. I really thought she was going to win for that.

Bob Geldof never had an archival master copy made of any of Live Aid, as he thought it would be just a "one off" telethon and not as history making and memorable as it turned out to be. So the only copies there are of any of Live Aid are any recorded home VHS videos people made and uploaded to YouTube and the like. There is probably some pristine copy that hasn't degraded, sitting in somebody's box in a basement somewhere. But, we'll never know, as it will get tossed away eventually as a box of junk. :sad2:
I have a boxed Live Aid DVD set which as I understand it includes artists that gave permission. Luckily that included Queen. :)

It includes four DVD's and is dated 2004. It was released by Warner Music and the included brochure says that "This DVD Saves Lives" so it probably was meant to be a money maker.

I have a boxed Live Aid DVD set which as I understand it includes artists that gave permission. Luckily that included Queen. :)

It includes four DVD's and is dated 2004. It was released by Warner Music and the included brochure says that "This DVD Saves Lives" so it probably was meant to be a money maker.

:eek: :love:

This just showed up on my YouTube suggestions.

Rami is back in NYC, starting to film the final Season 4 of Mr Robot. He's got his Elliot haircut back. He's at Madison Square Garden, watching the Rangers play, with one of his Mr. Robot costars, Carly Chaikin, who plays Darlene. The scene in BoRhap is a concert also at Madison Sq Garden. :lmao:

Years, ago, I saw an interview by Elton explaining his songwriting process. His music partner, Bernie Taupin, writes all the lyrics. But, what Bernie does is just hand Elton a long page of basically poetry. Sometimes it's even disjointed imagery. Bernie doesn't write anything in music format, "This is the verse. . . This is the Refrain/Chorus. . ." It's just that page of long sentences.

Elton takes the page and noodles around with it. Sometimes, he doesn't even start the song with the first sentence Bernie wrote down. He mixes things around, decides what is the refrain, which lines get repeated, etc., and figures out a song & melody from all that. Bernie has never had an ego where he's said, "Wait, the first sentence I wrote should be the first sentence in the song. . ." The two of them, working together the way they do, make incredible music. :lovestruc

I've seen them in interviews regarding how they write and I can't believe they come out with anything remotely coherent, let alone beautiful and brilliant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter