The Official DisDads Prayer and Praise Thread

By Sunday AM I was feeling pretty good and back at work today. Out of shape and it will take some time to get back to normal, but it isn't total exhaustion or short of breath anymore.

SWMBO's SIL who had lymphoma is doing better but my cousin's son with sarcoma passed away today.

Prayers for your cousin's son and his family. Glad to hear you and SIL are doing better.

By Sunday AM I was feeling pretty good and back at work today. Out of shape and it will take some time to get back to normal, but it isn't total exhaustion or short of breath anymore.

SWMBO's SIL who had lymphoma is doing better but my cousin's son with sarcoma passed away today.

So were both out of shape, but you have an excuse!! Glad to hear your feeling better and mack to work, that's a good sign! And glad to hear your SIL is doing better as well. Prayers for your family in the loss of your cousin's son, may they find healing in His hands!

Thank you for this thread. What a great idea!
my 9 year old didn't seem right to me back when she was around 7 1/2. At her 8 year check up I insisted on getting some bloodwork on her. She ended up with Hashimotos thryoiditis ( I have it too) and her liver enzymes were elevated. Since then, now 14 months later, her thyroid is under control but we are still trying to figure out her liver. Numbers go up and down every 6 weeks. In the past 9 months she has gone through an abdominal U/S, liver biopsy, genetic and dna testing, echocardiogram (thought maybe a vein was clogged leading to the liver). All coming back perfect yet every 6 weeks we go for bloodwork and the liver enzymes fluctate between double the upper limit to almost 10 times the upper limit. They are stumped because her liver is functioning perfect and we can't find the issue. The enzymes are once again trending in the right direction so if they contiunue then we will chalk it up to the thryoid causing it. If they go back up the end up August, we have to get an MRI. Mind you, the week before her 9th birthday she broke her femur bone doing a sport and had to undergo surgery to put in a metal plate. This poor kid has been through so much and still has a smile on 24/7. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE pray we figure out whats going on with her liver so she can stop getting tested and that whatever it is is something manageable. This next vacation is a suprise for her and she needs it!

Thank you

my 9 year old didn't seem right to me back when she was around 7 1/2. At her 8 year check up I insisted on getting some bloodwork on her. She ended up with Hashimotos thryoiditis ( I have it too) and her liver enzymes were elevated. Since then, now 14 months later, her thyroid is under control but we are still trying to figure out her liver. Numbers go up and down every 6 weeks. In the past 9 months she has gone through an abdominal U/S, liver biopsy, genetic and dna testing, echocardiogram (thought maybe a vein was clogged leading to the liver). All coming back perfect yet every 6 weeks we go for bloodwork and the liver enzymes fluctate between double the upper limit to almost 10 times the upper limit. They are stumped because her liver is functioning perfect and we can't find the issue. The enzymes are once again trending in the right direction so if they contiunue then we will chalk it up to the thryoid causing it. If they go back up the end up August, we have to get an MRI. Mind you, the week before her 9th birthday she broke her femur bone doing a sport and had to undergo surgery to put in a metal plate. This poor kid has been through so much and still has a smile on 24/7. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE pray we figure out whats going on with her liver so she can stop getting tested and that whatever it is is something manageable. This next vacation is a suprise for her and she needs it!

Thank you
praying

Thank you

Praying and putting it in His hands!! :littleangel:

Thank you
Lifting you and DD up to Jehovah Raphe.

Thank you
Prayers for strength and healing and wisdom for the medical staff

Thank you

Prayers for your daughter.

Please say a prayer for DW's 91 year old grandmother who is in the hospital. She mostly raised DW, and they are very close. She is alert and oriented, but not able to keep any food down, and the doctors haven't figured out a reason why.

Please say a prayer for DW's 91 year old grandmother who is in the hospital. She mostly raised DW, and they are very close. She is alert and oriented, but not able to keep any food down, and the doctors haven't figured out a reason why.
praying

:littleangel: Prayers for the doctors to diagnose her and start her recovery treatment, and prays that she stays comfortable as she recovers!! :littleangel:

Praying for your DW's 91 year old grandmother.

Praying

Thank you
Our daughter's blood work came back yesterday for her liver enzymes and they are still elevated but have stayed the same (slightly higher than last time but lower than the worst they've been). They seem to fluctuate in a certain area but as of now we are holding off on doing more testing (mom and dad can't mentally handle anymore testing) and bloodwork will hopefully be extended from 6 weeks to now 10 weeks. So praying these numbers don't go up when we test beginning of November. She can't get an MRI that dr wants because she has a metal plate in because she broke her femur in may so praying we won't need one! Lord please allow us to finally figure out what is causing her elevated liver enzymes and if it's just how she was born and it's not causing harm to her body please make the dr be satisfied with the fact that nothing has come back bad besides those few numbers. I pray her liver function continues to be normal.
Thank you for the continued prayer.

Our daughter's blood work came back yesterday for her liver enzymes and they are still elevated but have stayed the same (slightly higher than last time but lower than the worst they've been). They seem to fluctuate in a certain area but as of now we are holding off on doing more testing (mom and dad can't mentally handle anymore testing) and bloodwork will hopefully be extended from 6 weeks to now 10 weeks. So praying these numbers don't go up when we test beginning of November. She can't get an MRI that dr wants because she has a metal plate in because she broke her femur in may so praying we won't need one! Lord please allow us to finally figure out what is causing her elevated liver enzymes and if it's just how she was born and it's not causing harm to her body please make the dr be satisfied with the fact that nothing has come back bad besides those few numbers. I pray her liver function continues to be normal.

praying

:littleangel: Prayers for the doctors to diagnose her and start her recovery treatment, and prays that she stays comfortable as she recovers!! :littleangel:

Praying for your DW's 91 year old grandmother.

Thanks guys. Diverticulitis. She is in transitional care unit and the plan is that she can return home after the course of antibiotics and regaining her strength.

Continued prayers for her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!