**~~***The Official June 2017 Thread***~~**

hbentleylll

Mouseketeer
Well it is year out and I haven't seen the June Thread yet! So I guess I will start it!! :ccat:

We are looking at June 3rd - 10th at POR. Still a while away but definitely feeling the need to talk Disney and PLAN!
:jumping1:

:tinker:ROLL CALL

5/28-6/6 Poly jennypooh90
5/28-6/7 offsite Holly324
5/29-6/5 POR HollyS23
6/2-6/8 AS Sport Tinkerbell_Girl
6/2-6/10 BLT LovingPooh
6/2-6/11 CR/AK AZMermaid
6/2-6/11 AKV socababy
6/3-6/10 POR hbentleylll
6/3-6/10 CBR Prankess
6/3-6/10 POR Roxyfire
6/3-6/11 POR trvlgirlmq
6/3-6/11 WL ArielSRL
6/3-6/11 ??? mom2my3kids
6/3-6/17 POFQ Jodie.ross
6/4-6/11 POP M&M2006
6/4-6/12 Windsor Hills lauris87
6/6-6/13 BLT PoohsFan1
6/6-6/16 BCV/BLT Jfsag123
6/6-6/20 FW texasroni75
6/7-6/13 BB&J
6/7-6/14 POP Sunshine1629
6/11-6/15 BC Elizakapeka
6/12-6/20 WL Anesthesia Fine
6/14-6/19 CR Churchladychurchlady
6/17-6/25 POP DLmama

6/17-6/24 ASMo Candaceb
6/17-6/24 CBR ashleymrush
6/17-6/24 Windsor Hills erinsmom
6/17-6/25 Terre Verde Trisihi
6/17-6/25 CBR DisMom829
6/17-6/25 offsite howlongtildisney
6/18-6/23 WL WishnDisney
6/18-6/25 BW Little E
6/19-6/23 SSR leshunlenese
6/21-7/5 BC Jon84
6/25-7/3 BC patclairesmom
6/27-7/10 BC/Poly Ferrentinos
6/28-7/16 offsite Klayfish

:welcome:
***** If you want to be added/removed from the list or have any changes just let me know!!!

Last edited:
Hehe, I was going to start an *UN* official thread... but you chickened out first, yay!

We are planning 24 June-8 July (not set in stone yet), offsite, doing 4 days Disney, 2 or 3 (depending on if they still have the deal they have right now) at Universal, a side jaunt to the Keys, and a solid number of "down" days.

This is our first trip since 2012, so I've been back on the boards for a month or so now, reading up on what's changed and starting to work out strategies. We are looking to stay in the same condos we did before, and those only book a year out, so that is the first thing I'll be checking-off in a few weeks, which means scraping up the $. Meanwhile I've been gathering up our old things (trading pins/anyards, autograph books, and EPCOT passports) while keeping an eye out for new things -- today I got a light-up little ball at a yard sale for trading with the Jawwas, while a few weeks ago I got a brand-new swim towel for free out of a junk box.

We have a change jar that should be $400+ by next summer (not huge cash people) and I've started using the Discover Card again for the cashback bonus. I cancelled some money-waster things and freed up $50/mo that I'm moving into a slush fund that will go towards our park food... then yesterday I copied the gurus over on the Disney gift card deals thread, and converted the first $89 of that slush fund into a $100 Disney gift card. Meanwhile, I took a couple of unwanted gc's left from Christmas and was able to trade them here-and-there to keep their full value but end up with Disney cards in the same amount (as opposed to selling them and taking a 30% loss of value.)

I worry a lot about money, so pre-planning and pre-paying as much as possible makes it easier for me to just relax and let go once we're on our way. A mickey bar just TASTES BETTER when you know you essentially got it for free... ;D

Hehe, I was going to start an *UN* official thread... but you chickened out first, yay!

We are planning 24 June-8 July (not set in stone yet), offsite, doing 4 days Disney, 2 or 3 (depending on if they still have the deal they have right now) at Universal, a side jaunt to the Keys, and a solid number of "down" days.

This is our first trip since 2012, so I've been back on the boards for a month or so now, reading up on what's changed and starting to work out strategies. We are looking to stay in the same condos we did before, and those only book a year out, so that is the first thing I'll be checking-off in a few weeks, which means scraping up the $. Meanwhile I've been gathering up our old things (trading pins/anyards, autograph books, and EPCOT passports) while keeping an eye out for new things -- today I got a light-up little ball at a yard sale for trading with the Jawwas, while a few weeks ago I got a brand-new swim towel for free out of a junk box.

We have a change jar that should be $400+ by next summer (not huge cash people) and I've started using the Discover Card again for the cashback bonus. I cancelled some money-waster things and freed up $50/mo that I'm moving into a slush fund that will go towards our park food... then yesterday I copied the gurus over on the Disney gift card deals thread, and converted the first $89 of that slush fund into a $100 Disney gift card. Meanwhile, I took a couple of unwanted gc's left from Christmas and was able to trade them here-and-there to keep their full value but end up with Disney cards in the same amount (as opposed to selling them and taking a 30% loss of value.)

I worry a lot about money, so pre-planning and pre-paying as much as possible makes it easier for me to just relax and let go once we're on our way. A mickey bar just TASTES BETTER when you know you essentially got it for free... ;D

Yes! I was starting to wonder if anybody was going to start one and finally decided to just do it!

Money is a big worry for me too so I like the save and buy gc's in advance so I don't have to think about it! We don't do the dining plan yet because we find it to be too much food for the picky little ones combined with the heat. So I at least want a gc so I am still kinda paying in advance.

Hi everyone! Still have our big summer trip and two shorter trips later this year coming up, but already planning next summer! Thinking of June 16-27 or so, not quite sure on the number of nights yet. I cannot decide where to stay!! We're leaning towards the Poly but I'm also considering AKL. We've stayed a couple of nights at the Poly before, but never AKL.

Hi all! Our family is tentatively looking to book a trip next year from 6/10/17-6/21/17. We haven't been to the world since 2013 right before FP+ was implemented. I feel knowledge wise like I'm starting from scratch again with all of the changes lol. Learning about all of this new stuff will be a good way to pass the time over the next year though. We will likely stay at Pop Century again as my boys loved the place last trip!

Hi everyone! Still have our big summer trip and two shorter trips later this year coming up, but already planning next summer! Thinking of June 16-27 or so, not quite sure on the number of nights yet. I cannot decide where to stay!! We're leaning towards the Poly but I'm also considering AKL. We've stayed a couple of nights at the Poly before, but never AKL.

Oh goodness to only be able to go that often!

Hi all! Our family is tentatively looking to book a trip next year from 6/10/17-6/21/17. We haven't been to the world since 2013 right before FP+ was implemented. I feel knowledge wise like I'm starting from scratch again with all of the changes lol. Learning about all of this new stuff will be a good way to pass the time over the next year though. We will likely stay at Pop Century again as my boys loved the place last trip!

We've only been once since the new system and I still think they have made some changes since then!
We love Pop and would still be there if our family size didn't knock us out. My kids thought it was so cool to see the fireworks from our door. Nice little perk for a value!

Oh goodness to only be able to go that often!

We ended up getting annual passes, since we had a 5 day trip and a 10 day trip within the same year so it made sense. Now that we have that, we're squeezing in a few short trips before it expires! I know we won't be doing that again for years probably, so we're making the most of it :)

If things go according to plan (when do they EVER???:rotfl:) We will be checking in to our condo exactly a year from now!

I'm so glad to be joining this thread! We are going to WDW June 18-25, 2017 and we are trying to decide if we should fly or drive. It's roughly a 22 hour drive, so we'd rather fly, but we booked at Boardwalk which is at the top of our budget. I'm glad we've got a year to figure everything out. We're so excited!! :yay:

I'm so glad to be joining this thread! We are going to WDW June 18-25, 2017 and we are trying to decide if we should fly or drive. It's roughly a 22 hour drive, so we'd rather fly, but we booked at Boardwalk which is at the top of our budget. I'm glad we've got a year to figure everything out. We're so excited!! :yay:
We are booked as of today at ASMovies for 6/17/17 - 6/24/17!!!! :donald:

Yay! :wave2: so glad June is starting to take off!

Hello! We are planning a trip June 17-25, 2017, spending the first night on-site, then the rest of the trip in a townhouse at Terre Verde. We haven't been to WDW in five years.

Hello! We are planning a trip June 17-25, 2017, spending the first night on-site, then the rest of the trip in a townhouse at Terre Verde. We haven't been to WDW in five years.

Welcome I bet you are anxious to be back in the World :jumping1:.

June 17-25th for us! Traveling with DD's dance studio and the girls will dance in the MSEP & around World Showcase in Epcot. Staying at Caribbean Beach resort with the group. Debating on adding days at the end and using our DVC points for a little longer stay.

Hi all! So glad to join this thread! We made it official a few days ago and decided on 6/17-6/24 at CBR. This is our first time at CBR and have only heard great things! My husband is most excited that I've been able to figure out a way to save $300 on the trip through gift card purchases, Disney Visa purchases and the use of the Disney Vacation Account. As a result, he's agreed that I can FINALLY do the Keys to the Kingdom tour!!! The whole travel party will be my DH, DS (turning 8 while we are there), DS (5), my mom, stepdad and little brother (15). It's going to be a great trip!

We went 6/4-6/11 this year and are booked for 6/3-6/11 next year. We are renting points from my coworker and are currently booked for SSR but hoping to change to WL at 7 months out. Last trip was my parents, my two boys 4 & 2, and myself. This trip will be minus my parents but add in my DH. 7 day park hoppers. We'll drive from GA on 6/3, leaving around 6am, hopefully arriving before or at 3pm (7 hours drive + stops) and doing a more relaxed resort/Disney springs arrival day.

This year we split the drive and did MK on arrival day but it was just too much for us to do it that way.

I have a tentative schedule already made with dining ideas. :)

We booked last week for June 3-11, 2017 at CBR! We haven't been since 2011 and there is so much to learn again! It will be me, my mom (grandma) and at the time my 14 1/2 yo son and almost 13 yo niece. Looking forward to learning a lot and planning with everyone.

Ok I think I have caught up with updating everyone's plans!

We went 6/4-6/11 this year and are booked for 6/3-6/11 next year. We are renting points from my coworker and are currently booked for SSR but hoping to change to WL at 7 months out. Last trip was my parents, my two boys 4 & 2, and myself. This trip will be minus my parents but add in my DH. 7 day park hoppers. We'll drive from GA on 6/3, leaving around 6am, hopefully arriving before or at 3pm (7 hours drive + stops) and doing a more relaxed resort/Disney springs arrival day.

This year we split the drive and did MK on arrival day but it was just too much for us to do it that way.

I have a tentative schedule already made with dining ideas. :)

We've have done the split drive and into a park and that day was just exhausting! When now leave early AM and resort/DS afternoon/evening. We come from Alabama so just a little longer drive than you but definitely prefer the change!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!