The official Quebec, Saguenay and Baie-Comeau cruise ports thread!

Side note: Local newspapers confirmed the Magic is doing the cruises.

About Baie-Comeau, I think one of the main attractions will be the Garden of Glaciers: http://lejardindesglaciers.com/en

There is a big hydro-electricity complex Manic (some people are into that like they are into Hoover Dam I guess).

The last but not the least: wildlife. Once again, whale and beluga watch cruises (if you haven't seen this at least once in your life, you are missing out, definitely one of the most magical things I have ever seen), and other wildlife watching options (reindeers maybe?)

I can't wait to see what excursions they are going to offer. Wouldn't be surprised if they threw in some aboriginal history excursions as well.

All I can say is while I have visited it, I heard a lot about it because I've had family members living there and I know (fortunate) people who could afford to go elsewhere but choose to go each year because it is gorgeous.

Once again, Quebec, Saguenay and Baie Comeau are amazing destinations to begin with but the fall foliage will definitely make it even more magical.

Last edited:
Thanks for the Baie-Comeau tips. I saw the Glacier exhibit, but as we are going to Alaska this summer and seeing the real thing, that wasn't a big draw for us. It does look interesting though. The whale watching should be amazing, but then again we are going whale watching this summer in Alaska. I've read reviews where people were seeing whales from the cruise ship as they sailed down the St. Lawrence. I'm hoping that will be case no matter which ship we are on!!! The hydro-electric plant does look interesting. My son would really be into that but he's not going as he will be in college.

Something tells me I'll end up keeping our NCL cruise, but we haven't made a final decision yet. We have an aft penthouse suite booked on NCL and I can only imagine what Disney will charge for a regular balcony cabin for these new cruises. I'm sure all of the ports are going to be great in their own way, so it's just a matter of deciding which ship we want to sail on. I'm looking forward to Tuesday, when my TA gives me a quote. I do have a OBB placeholder that I'd like to use, and this will be our only chance.

We booked the NY to Quebec yesterday. Now I can't wait for the shore excursions to be released and see what they are!

I'm very curious as well.

One thing for sure... the Province of Quebec is very safe therefore, you can feel free to visit on your own pretty much everywhere (very few exceptions).

Indeed, but Canada not only includes Quebec, but Quebec is one of the founding provinces of Canada. So doesn't that make poutine a Canadian food?

Indeed, but Canada not only includes Quebec, but Quebec is one of the founding provinces of Canada. So doesn't that make poutine a Canadian food?

I think it's one of those "provincial identity" debates. What makes each province special, you know?

Maybe. But you and I know there are plenty of people that don't see it that way. I don't want to live through another referendum in Quebec. I like the Canada we have. I love that each region and province is so distinct and is celebrated. I think more people should learn about all our heritage than already do. But I get testy when someone implies Quebec isn't Canadian, because it almost wasn't. We would have dearly missed you all, had the vote gone another way.

Now, if only someone would tell the Canadian pavilion in EPCOT that Saskatchewan is a distinct province from Alberta and Manitoba. And while they are the 3 prairie provinces, they are all on one prairie (not 'the prairies').

thanks for starting this thread - we're going to book one of these cruises while onboard in the fall - love Quebec - pei -am looking for someplace to spend Canada day this year and scout out excursions - st. anne de beaupre w/the family in the fall would be great (only been there in summer or winter

Maybe. But you and I know there are plenty of people that don't see it that way. I don't want to live through another referendum in Quebec. I like the Canada we have. I love that each region and province is so distinct and is celebrated. I think more people should learn about all our heritage than already do. But I get testy when someone implies Quebec isn't Canadian, because it almost wasn't. We would have dearly missed you all, had the vote gone another way.

No, no, I'm not even getting there...

(Also, the movement who wanted to leave Canada is nearly dead. I, for myself, refuse to vote for a party who would even suggest it.)

thanks for starting this thread - we're going to book one of these cruises while onboard in the fall - love Quebec - pei -am looking for someplace to spend Canada day this year and scout out excursions - st. anne de beaupre w/the family in the fall would be great (only been there in summer or winter

Another suggestion: have you tried Mont-Tremblant or St-Sauveur? Beautiful and fun.

Thank you for all the good information! I'm officially starting my planning notes for the NY - Quebec City cruise! A couple of questions, please:

1. We had thought about going to Niagara Falls after the cruise, I know it's a long drive, but it should be a beautiful one - and it puts us close to Buffalo (for the flight home). After reading about the train and knowing we loved the Seattle-Vancouver train, we're considering that option. Would the train also be a reasonable option to get to Niagara from Montreal?
2. How is Quebec pronounced? I hear it both ways down here in Texas: kwuh and kuh (please excuse my butchered phonetic spelling)

Thank you for all the good information! I'm officially starting my planning notes for the NY - Quebec City cruise! A couple of questions, please:

1. We had thought about going to Niagara Falls after the cruise, I know it's a long drive, but it should be a beautiful one - and it puts us close to Buffalo (for the flight home). After reading about the train and knowing we loved the Seattle-Vancouver train, we're considering that option. Would the train also be a reasonable option to get to Niagara from Montreal?
2. How is Quebec pronounced? I hear it both ways down here in Texas: kwuh and kuh (please excuse my butchered phonetic spelling)

1. I have never taken the train to Niagara Falls from Montreal but it would take you a whole day (almost 12 hours)... Are you comfortable with that? Other option: flights from Montreal to Toronto (which is a bit less than two hours from Niagara) are not expensive. You take off, watch a 30 minutes tv show and then you land.

But for the distance between Montreal and Quebec, I would not hesitate to take the train.

2. Both ways are wrong. It's "Kay" (Kay-Beck). QuÉbec. :) There is an accent on the name which changes the pronunciation.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter