The official Quebec, Saguenay and Baie-Comeau cruise ports thread!

I liked Quebec city the most. It was a beautiful cruise. Colder then I expected. Colder then our Alaska cruise. The cruise itself was like any other Disney cruise. Great service, bad food, entertainment was the norm. We didn't do any excursions just enjoyed the scenery and being outdoors.

Just got home today (spent a few days in NYC post cruise). The bike tour to Montmorency Falls in Quebec City was a lot of fun, and we did a Segway tour in Halifax (that someone on this thread recommended), which was also a lot of fun.

Saguenay and Baie Comeau were nice, didn't do any excursions there, but enjoyed my time in both.

Pictures are currently being converted from RAW to JPG so that I can post them. I'll try to post in the next few days.

Just got home today (spent a few days in NYC post cruise). The bike tour to Montmorency Falls in Quebec City was a lot of fun, and we did a Segway tour in Halifax (that someone on this thread recommended), which was also a lot of fun.

Saguenay and Baie Comeau were nice, didn't do any excursions there, but enjoyed my time in both.

Pictures are currently being converted from RAW to JPG so that I can post them. I'll try to post in the next few days.
I'm glad you liked the Segway tour. I was the one that recommended it, but didn't end up doing it. Maybe next time.

I liked Quebec city the most. It was a beautiful cruise. Colder then I expected. Colder then our Alaska cruise. The cruise itself was like any other Disney cruise. Great service, bad food, entertainment was the norm. We didn't do any excursions just enjoyed the scenery and being outdoors.
I think Quebec in the Fall can vary from hot to v.cold. Our friends went last October and said it was shorts and short sleeves all week. The week before them it was low to mid 50's.
Here in SW Ontario it was 83 and humid today October 8th, we were in our pool.
Just never know anymore- we are actually a little bummed with the lack of actual Fall... nobody was in the mood for apple picking ;)
Alaska I hear can be same, very cold to hot, only difference is that's in the summer.
Someone was just commenting on another post how warm Alaska was last June -80's all week.
Another July Alaska TR I just read - they needed warm jackets every day...
In the summer lots of parts of Canada will be as hot as Orlando is, like 100 ;)
But Fall can be hit & miss.
I'd still love to experience Quebec - looks Amazing!
We were in Europe this summer and Quebec (at least in photos) has that same flair...
By the way, we cruised to Bermuda last May and it was cool - all but one day. Like 60, this was end of May.
Loved it nevertheless:)

I think Quebec in the Fall can vary from hot to v.cold. Our friends went last October and said it was shorts and short sleeves all week. The week before them it was low to mid 50's.
Here in SW Ontario it was 83 and humid today October 8th, we were in our pool.
Just never know anymore- we are actually a little bummed with the lack of actual Fall... nobody was in the mood for apple picking ;)
Alaska I hear can be same, very cold to hot, only difference is that's in the summer.
Someone was just commenting on another post how warm Alaska was last June -80's all week.
Another July Alaska TR I just read - they needed warm jackets every day...
In the summer lots of parts of Canada will be as hot as Orlando is, like 100 ;)
But Fall can be hit & miss.
I'd still love to experience Quebec - looks Amazing!
We were in Europe this summer and Quebec (at least in photos) has that same flair...
By the way, we cruised to Bermuda last May and it was cool - all but one day. Like 60, this was end of May.
Loved it nevertheless:)
I live in Arizona so my idea of cold may be a little skewed. We get get cold at night in the winter as low as the 30's, but the days are in the 60's and 70's. Summers are hot, but I'll take 4 months of hot over 7 months of cold. Quebec city was warm and perfect weather. It was the other ports that were cold... in the 40's and windy. Halifax was in the 50's. I loved running in all the ports. It was perfect weather for running or hiking on the bike trails. We didn't do any excursions, but I don't feel like we missed out. We really enjoyed the scenery and the ship.
My teens didn't come in until 2 am every night. One night they came in made up like Zombies washing it off stained the shower purple....not my fault all on the Vibe LOL. It was a really, fun, relaxing cruise. We saw a lot without spending ton of extra money. I hope Disney does this cruise again. I know the Hawaii 2015 didn't sell well and that's why they took so long to go back. Hopefully they figure out a better way or time of year for Quebec. There were very few kids on this cruise. I know from doing research on cruise critic that this itinerary tends to attract an older crowd. It seemed to be the case on this cruise. My kids don't like the beach so this was actually a better fit for us.

Did you get off the ship?

Awesome. Can't wait to see your pictures! :)

I live in Arizona so my idea of cold may be a little skewed. We get get cold at night in the winter as low as the 30's, but the days are in the 60's and 70's. Summers are hot, but I'll take 4 months of hot over 7 months of cold. Quebec city was warm and perfect weather. It was the other ports that were cold... in the 40's and windy. Halifax was in the 50's. I loved running in all the ports. It was perfect weather for running or hiking on the bike trails. We didn't do any excursions, but I don't feel like we missed out. We really enjoyed the scenery and the ship.
My teens didn't come in until 2 am every night. One night they came in made up like Zombies washing it off stained the shower purple....not my fault all on the Vibe LOL. It was a really, fun, relaxing cruise. We saw a lot without spending ton of extra money. I hope Disney does this cruise again. I know the Hawaii 2015 didn't sell well and that's why they took so long to go back. Hopefully they figure out a better way or time of year for Quebec. There were very few kids on this cruise. I know from doing research on cruise critic that this itinerary tends to attract an older crowd. It seemed to be the case on this cruise. My kids don't like the beach so this was actually a better fit for us.
Where we are it’s only really cold for like 2-3 months....
We now live in FL half the time for work and let me tell you... we stay inside just as much just different months... haha
Would love to see Arizona though:)

Also -I wanted to it’s a common misconception that Cananda is always cold... and that 55 in January is hot for Canadians ;)
Haha - not
Where we live it’s very hot and humid usually from mid May til September.
When we cruise from FL in the winter we find the weather there cool. We want further South! Sometimes we leave home and it’s 50 and 55 in Orlando...
Canada is a huge country so is the USA - you can experience 4 seasons all at the same time ;)
That’s why I love it ;)

Last edited:
I did a lot of running and hiking on this cruise. It was like a fitness cruise of sorts. The bike and walking trails in each port were awesome and provided great scenery. We don't have that where I live. We have some desert trails, but I wouldn't feel safe running out in the desert. If it wasn't so darn cold I would have rented bikes or Segways. I didn't take gloves or hats or heavy jackets. I wasn't expecting it to be like Alaska.
We did visit the Titanic museum in Halifax. Halifax was just OK...nothing like Quebec city. Saguenay was very welcoming. They had blueberry pie, juice, maple candy and provided entertainment. We had some really great Pizza in town. I went out for a run about 90 minutes before the all aboard time. When I cam back they had blueberry chocolates for us. Those were really, really good.

I did a lot of running and hiking on this cruise. It was like a fitness cruise of sorts. The bike and walking trails in each port were awesome and provided great scenery. We don't have that where I live. We have some desert trails, but I wouldn't feel safe running out in the desert. If it wasn't so darn cold I would have rented bikes or Segways. I didn't take gloves or hats or heavy jackets. I wasn't expecting it to be like Alaska.
We did visit the Titanic museum in Halifax. Halifax was just OK...nothing like Quebec city. Saguenay was very welcoming. They had blueberry pie, juice, maple candy and provided entertainment. We had some really great Pizza in town. I went out for a run about 90 minutes before the all aboard time. When I cam back they had blueberry chocolates for us. Those were really, really good.

Blueberry Chocolates (possibly Les Pères Trappistes?) is the best!!!

We have been in Quebec City since Saturday. We boarded our ship yesterday but don’t sail away until tonight. We have fallen in love with Quebec. We stayed right in the heart of The Old Town and walked all over enjoying the great atmosphere. What a treat!!

Today we took a private tour to Isle D’Orleans which was so charming. 20 minutes from the city and you are in the countryside - wineries, cider houses, cheese makers, etc. We are stuffed!!

We will be in Sanguenay tomorrow so that should be a fun day. I too will have to wait until I convert my raw files to jpg when I get home before posting pictures. Until then just know this is an incredibly beautiful, interesting and welcoming part of the world. We will be back, for sure!

We have been in Quebec City since Saturday. We boarded our ship yesterday but don’t sail away until tonight. We have fallen in love with Quebec. We stayed right in the heart of The Old Town and walked all over enjoying the great atmosphere. What a treat!!

Today we took a private tour to Isle D’Orleans which was so charming. 20 minutes from the city and you are in the countryside - wineries, cider houses, cheese makers, etc. We are stuffed!!

We will be in Sanguenay tomorrow so that should be a fun day. I too will have to wait until I convert my raw files to jpg when I get home before posting pictures. Until then just know this is an incredibly beautiful, interesting and welcoming part of the world. We will be back, for sure!

I'm so happy you are having a good time! :D

DSCN6050.JPG

The pie and the maple candy were good. We did the log cutting also. I didn't find it as cold as I thought it might be. We did have gloves, hats and scarves so were prepared.

DSCN6055.JPG DSCN6060.JPG

In Quebec City....such a beautiful hotel. Next time we visit Quebec City (and I want to go back) I want to stay here. We stayed in Hotel Chateau Laurier and it was a lovely hotel. We walked about 20 minutes in the rain from our hotel to the Chateau Le Frontenac to see the fireworks. It was windy and rainy but the fireworks were very nice! This pic was our view from our verandah onboard.

DSCN5852.JPG

MJ

About 2 hours after we left Saguenay( I think it was that port) there were fireworks from one of the cities on the river. It was around 8pm. I was in O'gills and watched it out the window. It was a really good fireworks display....much better then the fireworks from the ship. I guess they announced it was going to happen, but it was a complete surprise to me. They stopped the ship for it. I rarely make an effort to watch fireworks, but this was pretty unique.

About 2 hours after we left Saguenay( I think it was that port) there were fireworks from one of the cities on the river. It was around 8pm. I was in O'gills and watched it out the window. It was a really good fireworks display....much better then the fireworks from the ship. I guess they announced it was going to happen, but it was a complete surprise to me. They stopped the ship for it. I rarely make an effort to watch fireworks, but this was pretty unique.

Yes. They announced it. I wrote it here as well but if you did not come here while you were in Canada, you couldn't know.

We usually have great fireworks here (also Montreal has a fireworks competition each year --against other countries--) ... Unfortunately (for me), in my eyes the fireworks from the DCL ship are kinda lame because I am so used to the big performances (that matches music).

I agree with the fireworks....they were awesome! I heard that three cities (including Saguenay) pooled their money to produce the fireworks display for us. We were able to watch from Deck 4 and they went on for a good 15 minutes. Those fireworks, coupled with the fact that when DCL had theirs it was fireworks only, no pirate show (due to the rain the night before) made DCL's seem so short.

MJ

I agree with the fireworks....they were awesome! I heard that three cities (including Saguenay) pooled their money to produce the fireworks display for us. We were able to watch from Deck 4 and they went on for a good 15 minutes. Those fireworks, coupled with the fact that when DCL had theirs it was fireworks only, no pirate show (due to the rain the night before) made DCL's seem so short.

MJ

In 2003, there was a movie that was called "La Grande Seduction" (English version is called "Seducing Doctor Lewis"). The storyline is about a whole village --because they all lived on welfare and having a doctor on site would be the only way to attract factories-- working together to charm a doctor in hopes he would move in the village.

That movie is now a big part of our culture (definitely had an impact on our collective imagination) and the concept of doing great things together in order to please tourists on certain occasions stayed:

Quebec and Saguenay are trying to seduce Disney Cruise Line in hope they will bring more cruises in our province, so they are deploying "La Grande Séduction". ;)

Are you seduced? :hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!