The official Quebec, Saguenay and Baie-Comeau cruise ports thread!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by mevelandry, May 11, 2017.

1. cruiser21

cruiser21 DIS Veteran

I'm pricing them through Orbitz.

mevelandry likes this.
  2. Pens Fan

Pens Fan DIS Veteran

Does anyone have any experience with Hotel Le Priori in Quebec? We originally booked a round trip out of NYC on NCL, but they have cancelled all of their 10 day round trip cruises this fall and replaced them with one way cruises of varying lengths. We booked a 12 nighter from Quebec to NYC, so now I'm looking for a place to stay in Quebec for a couple of nights pre-cruise.

I found this hotel on Trip Advisor. It has great reviews and is pretty reasonably priced, considering it's in the heart of Old Town. I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about it.

Thanks!!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018 at 8:43 PM
  3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Let Dreams Unlimited Travel plan your perfect Disney vacation!

to hide this advert.
  4. cruiser21

cruiser21 DIS Veteran

Just curious are you flying into Quebec or Montreal? Were booked on the NYC to Quebec, but I'm finding it cheaper to fly into Montreal then out of Montreal most likely to do international depart taxes. I may reverse my cruise.

mevelandry likes this.
  5. Pens Fan

Pens Fan DIS Veteran

I'm not sure yet. I know we want to spend some time in Quebec City pre - cruise. Our cruise embarks on a Monday, so I'd rather just get to Quebec City and hang out there until we board the ship vs. having to transfer from Montreal. Prices for flights from Pittsburgh to Quebec City aren't all that bad, but they aren't the most convenient time wise (one or two stops will be required). We are just in the beginning stages of planning as NCL just cancelled our cruise yesterday.

But to answer your concern about pricing to/from Montreal, I was doing some reading on Cruise Critic today and I saw several references to this. It seems there are some extra taxes when you fly out of Canada vs. flying into it??? At least that is what some folks were claiming. I saw several people saying it was better to start your cruise in Canada vs. ending it there.

But honestly I have no clue if that is true or not. We chose our new cruise because NCL was offering price protection and we could get a 12 day cruise for the price of a 10 day!! :-) Also, the timing was ideal and the cruise we chose begins on a Monday and ends on a Saturday which offers a nice travel buffer for my husband as far as burning vacation days.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018 at 10:44 PM
  6. mevelandry

mevelandry DIS Veteran

There was a fire at Le Priori there in december... Don't know if it's going to be fixed on time for your cruise.

7. mevelandry

mevelandry DIS Veteran

It's definitely less expensive to fly to Montreal than flying to Quebec.

8. cruiser21

cruiser21 DIS Veteran

Any country you fly out of and back to the US is going to have depart taxes. Canada actually isn't too bad roughly 54.00 dollars. London is insane with their depart taxes around 175.00 usd for coach and 275 usd for a premium cabin. Barcelona is cheap around 40.00 dollars. If you fly with points you still have to pay the depart tax. Normally people don't look at the taxes on their tickets just the overall price.

9. Pens Fan

Pens Fan DIS Veteran

Thanks for the heads up. I did notice that they said they were closed until sometime in February. I think I need to do some more digging into this.

10. Pens Fan

Pens Fan DIS Veteran

Is anyone familiar with Auberge Du Tresor in Quebec City? It looks to be pretty centrally located and isn't too crazy price wise.

For those of you familiar with Quebec City, do you think it's better to stay in the Lower Town or Upper Town? Or does it really matter? I'm not too worried about being close to the port, and would rather be able to enjoy a couple of days just walking around and enjoying the Old Town and visiting all the normal tourist areas. We won't have a car, so being in a central area and having things within walking distance is what we are looking for.

Thanks!

11. mevelandry

mevelandry DIS Veteran

I don't know that hotel but it seems like a reasonably priced hotel in an excellent location.

I would personally stick to Old Quebec or "Haute-Ville" (Upper town)... With the exception of the Quartier St-Roch (which is at the limit... it used to be a poor neighborhood but is now pretty popular). Quebec is very walkable but some parts are a bit "hilly". Definitely doable but it will keep you in shape! ;)

Pens Fan likes this.
  12. Calgary3

Calgary3 Earning My Ears

We're booked for the fall 2018 DCL NYC to Quebec City cruise and wondering if the any ports were cancelled on the 2017 cruises because of whales. Anyone know?

Thanks

13. cruiser21

cruiser21 DIS Veteran

This will be a maiden voyage.

14. 3fish

3fish Courage & Kindness

15. 3fish

3fish Courage & Kindness

Thank you for the information. Very useful :-)