*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

Leaving for the airport in about 20 mins....I can't believe its finally here, really hasn't sank in yet. We are staying for a full week, our longest trip yet and longest time I've ever been away from DD! Our APs expire this trip so will prolly be the last trip for a while too.

The struggle of what to wear right now as its a pretty chilly morning here in NY but Im sure it will be sweltering when we land!

Leaving for the airport in about 20 mins....I can't believe its finally here, really hasn't sank in yet. We are staying for a full week, our longest trip yet and longest time I've ever been away from DD! Our APs expire this trip so will prolly be the last trip for a while too.

The struggle of what to wear right now as its a pretty chilly morning here in NY but Im sure it will be sweltering when we land!
Have a great time. We leave tomorrow and I can’t wait.

Hi all, I don't usually toot my trip reports but since my current one is on my Sept. trip and we got such an awesome HUGE upgrade, figured I'd let you know I've started it and the link is in my signature below if you want to follow along! Even if you don't care to follow all the way through but want to check out pictures of the Roy Disney suite at the GF, those will be in there soon :goodvibes

Hi all, I don't usually toot my trip reports but since my current one is on my Sept. trip and we got such an awesome HUGE upgrade, figured I'd let you know I've started it and the link is in my signature below if you want to follow along! Even if you don't care to follow all the way through but want to check out pictures of the Roy Disney suite at the GF, those will be in there soon :goodvibes

Awesome! I'll check out your report this weekend - looking forward to hearing all about your trip and amazing upgrade!

I got home last nite. I cant believe how hot it was. Fortunately only one day with any significant rain - Monday and I was at Epcot. My feet hurt so badly and I had blisters so bad I rented a scooter on Monday and Thursday at EPCOT - no way I could have walked it. I did get my passholder cutting board and magnet and did most of the food booths in the 5 days I spent time there.

Best part of the week was passholder playtime. I rode SDD 7 times - it was awesome! I had to wake up this morning to book my FP for my Nov/Dec trip. I missed on a FP for SDD tho - was extremely bummed. I may have to sit in line for it. It was that much fun.

Hope everyone else has safe travels!

Best part of the week was passholder playtime. I rode SDD 7 times - it was awesome! I had to wake up this morning to book my FP for my Nov/Dec trip. I missed on a FP for SDD tho - was extremely bummed. I may have to sit in line for it. It was that much fun.

I really loved SDD when I was there too! Such a pleasant surprise since I wasn't expecting it to be as fun as it ended up being!

Sorry it was still so hot there for you. I feel like I really lucked out with the weather during Labor Day week. Sounds like it heated up quickly after that.

It's our last full day tomorrow!! It's gone so fast, but we've had quite a nice long time here and I'm getting a little sick of Disney food and just want a big old cup of tea and some beans on toast!

We've had a pretty good time, but I cannot deny that the heat was almost unbearable at times. That plus having the table service DDP lead to me spending a lot of time feeling very uncomfortable. Plus the heat makes us argue like nothing else because we're all so hot, tired and grumpy. Thank goodness for air conditioning!!

I can't wait for our February trip, little under 5 months to go so by the time we get home we'll be in full planning mode and that'll fly by. Before we know it it'll be time to return to the magic.

We just got home late last night. We had a great trip. I thought the heat was bearable most days. Epcot always seems like the hotest park for me. Walking around food and wine was just very uncomfortable. Just too hot to enjoy eating. But the rest of the trip was great. I can’t wait to go back

We just got home late last night. We had a great trip. I thought the heat was bearable most days. Epcot always seems like the hotest park for me. Walking around food and wine was just very uncomfortable. Just too hot to enjoy eating. But the rest of the trip was great. I can’t wait to go back
hi. I see you've been to Disney in july and August so I'm wondering how your trip temperature compared in September to those months? We are booked for Sept 29-october 7. My husband refuses to go any earlier in Sept and definitely not in August because of the humidity. We can't push the vacation much later so I'm curious if the humidity is the same in Sept as it is in July and August.

Thanks!

hi. I see you've been to Disney in july and August so I'm wondering how your trip temperature compared in September to those months? We are booked for Sept 29-october 7. My husband refuses to go any earlier in Sept and definitely not in August because of the humidity. We can't push the vacation much later so I'm curious if the humidity is the same in Sept as it is in July and August.

Thanks!
Honestly, there wasn’t much difference. I generally don’t mind the heat, but the humidity can get a bit much in Florida, at times. I actually felt like the humidity was higher in our September/October trips than our July trip. But honestly, there wasn’t a lot of differences. I think you will be fine for your trip. I always suggest to enjoy the parks in early morning and later evening, if the heat bothers you. Spend middays indoors, either taking a long lunch, enjoying the shops, exploring your resort or resort hopping, or relaxing at the pool. We have learned to adjust to the Florida weathe. Just take things slow and enjoy your vacation.

Honestly, there wasn’t much difference. I generally don’t mind the heat, but the humidity can get a bit much in Florida, at times. I actually felt like the humidity was higher in our September/October trips than our July trip. But honestly, there wasn’t a lot of differences. I think you will be fine for your trip. I always suggest to enjoy the parks in early morning and later evening, if the heat bothers you. Spend middays indoors, either taking a long lunch, enjoying the shops, exploring your resort or resort hopping, or relaxing at the pool. We have learned to adjust to the Florida weathe. Just take things slow and enjoy your vacation.
Thanks for the advice. Because we are splurging and staying at the Poly for the first time, I want to have an excuse to be at the resort more than we normally would. Usually once we are at Disney, no matter how much downtime I plan, we end up nonstop at the park. Because we have our two year old, I am planning on doing the "toddler itinerary" and doing the rope drop, mid day swim and nap and back to the park early evening vacation. The heat may help us keep that schedule and enjoy our resort.

Thanks for the advice. Because we are splurging and staying at the Poly for the first time, I want to have an excuse to be at the resort more than we normally would. Usually once we are at Disney, no matter how much downtime I plan, we end up nonstop at the park. Because we have our two year old, I am planning on doing the "toddler itinerary" and doing the rope drop, mid day swim and nap and back to the park early evening vacation. The heat may help us keep that schedule and enjoy our resort.
I don't have a toddler and I still did that most days :) ... it was simply too hot to be out in the middle of the day through most of my stay (Sept 8-15).

The couple of days that I didn't (which, coincidentally, both days I had hopped over to Epcot from other parks), I found somewhere cool to hang out through most of the worst of the heat (did the Canada and France shows one of the days; hung out in the Electric Umbrella and the Land pavilion for the other).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!