*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

I have loved reading the details on everyone’s plans so I thought I’d share ours (my dates are already on the roll call)

Who: Just me(40) and DH(45) celebrating our much delayed honeymoon (and our 2nd anniversary) as well as our first trip to WDW together
When: 22-29 September (7 nights)
Where: POP Century
What: DxDP, ADRs booked,and 5 park tickets
Last trips: December 2011 for me and my son, December 2011 and December 2015 for DH and his girls

Itinerary
Friday 21 Sept: depart from Ottawa, Ontario for our 22 hour drive (DH does not fly so driving is our only option)
Saturday 22 Sept: mid afternoon arrival at POP, dinner at either Landscapes of Flavour or Everything POP and then just relax and sleep
Sunday 23 Sept: MK day! Crystal Palace for breakfast, Plaza Restaurant for lunch and Be Our Guest for dinner (can’t wait to check out the new signature menu) then MNSSHP.
Monday 24 Sept: EPCOT Day 1! Breakfast at O’Hana, then snack credits at F&W
Tuesday 25 Sept: HS Day! Trattoria al Forno for breakfast, 50s Primetime for lunch and Morimoto’s for dinner
Wednesday 26 Sept: Shopping day! Breakfast off site, lunch at Disney Springs (no ADR we are just going to wing it) and dinner at California Grill during the fireworks (8:45 reservations). Planning on outlet shopping and Disney Springs shopping
Thursday 27 Sept: EPCOT Day 2! Garden Grill for breakfast, Via Napoli for lunch, Le Cellier for dinner
Friday 28 Sept: AK Day! Boma for breakfast, Yak and Yeti for lunch and Tiffins for dinner
Saturday 29 Sept: leave Disney for home. Cry a little
Sunday 30 Sept: back home and planning to relax for a few days until back at work on Oct 3

We have booked early breakfasts, mid day lunches and late evening dinners. The one exception is BOG at 5:30 so we don’t miss the party. It’s going to be a lot of food but we are up to the challenge and know not to eat everything on our plates lol.

Looks like our dates and travel dates are exactly the same. We are driving from Hamilton and leaving the 21st, check into POP on the 22nd and check out and drive back home on the 30th. Maybe we will pass each other on the drive. :)

I'm super duper excited at how our 2nd MK day is coming along!

EMM
BOG lunch 1:35pm
Chef Mickey's 6:50pm

All new experiences for us and being at the Contemporary takes the travel stress out of it.

I'm finally feeling truly pumped up about this trip!!!!!

I'm super duper excited at how our 2nd MK day is coming along!

EMM
BOG lunch 1:35pm
Chef Mickey's 6:50pm

All new experiences for us and being at the Contemporary takes the travel stress out of it.

I'm finally feeling truly pumped up about this trip!!!!!
Our MK day looks eerily similar. EMM, BOG lunch at 1pm, and Chef Mickey's at 6:30. :D

Agreed! We're giving BOG another shot. We are dinner there on our last trip and DH and I were less than impressed. We're going to try it for lunch and see if we enjoy it a bit more this time. Here's hoping!

We've never been there, but we decided it's time. Figured lunch was a safe bet, since they are changing the dinner menu.

We've never been there, but we decided it's time. Figured lunch was a safe bet, since they are changing the dinner menu.
Yes, probably a good plan. There's no way I would consider it a Signature Dining Experience, but when we went it was just a regular TS for dinner.

I was thinking that free dining should be announced soon, right?

I have now seen from two rumor sites that Free Dining will be THIN this year, more so than in previous years, which is hard to believe, and possibly not offered in September!

Anyone else watching for the Fantasmic dessert & VIP viewing thing? Hoping they get on with it and release September soon.

ME TOO! That one and the Frozen Ever After, DD would LOVE that!

I have now seen from two rumor sites that Free Dining will be THIN this year, more so than in previous years, which is hard to believe, and possibly not offered in September!

ME TOO! That one and the Frozen Ever After, DD would LOVE that!

Honestly, FD not being offered at all in September would kind of surprise me. I've got my fingers crossed for a RO discount.

We’ve decided to drive in a couple days early and stay at Shades of Green the 3-5 and move to BC on the 5th. We won’t be in the parks till the 5th.
We are super excited and our kids have NO CLUE we are going this year. They think our next trip is in 2020.

Agreed! We're giving BOG another shot. We are dinner there on our last trip and DH and I were less than impressed. We're going to try it for lunch and see if we enjoy it a bit more this time. Here's hoping!
BOG lunch is a must for us each trip, sometimes twice a trip if we can. The french onion soup, french dip sandwich and strawberry cupcake are all so good. I’m going to try and get the recipe for that sandwich on this trip.

Is anybody else having a terrible time getting going on trip itinerary? We only got 1 BoG lunch and 1 Garden Grill breakfast, so ADRs aren't dictating days much. We also have EMM Tuesday, but other than that, I'm having difficulty getting things even somewhat sorted out. I want to rope drop, but I know DH and my boys (15 and 12) won't want to. We are all night owls and will want to take advantage of any evening hours we can. But, of course, there aren't many late park nights in September, so... Ugh, I'm just struggling over here!

Is anybody else having a terrible time getting going on trip itinerary? We only got 1 BoG lunch and 1 Garden Grill breakfast, so ADRs aren't dictating days much. We also have EMM Tuesday, but other than that, I'm having difficulty getting things even somewhat sorted out. I want to rope drop, but I know DH and my boys (15 and 12) won't want to. We are all night owls and will want to take advantage of any evening hours we can. But, of course, there aren't many late park nights in September, so... Ugh, I'm just struggling over here!

I'm having the opposite problem...I feel like I'm overplanning or overthinking things. I'm trying to build in more downtime for us but it's really difficult for me since our park touring style has always been commando. I also feel like I can't make final decisions on anything because it's so far out and the hours could change, we don't have all of the dessert parties released, etc. I think I'll feel better when TS Land opens and we get some firsthand accounts of the rides, etc.

I'm having the opposite problem...I feel like I'm overplanning or overthinking things. I'm trying to build in more downtime for us but it's really difficult for me since our park touring style has always been commando. I also feel like I can't make final decisions on anything because it's so far out and the hours could change, we don't have all of the dessert parties released, etc. I think I'll feel better when TS Land opens and we get some firsthand accounts of the rides, etc.

I'm feeling both of you. We're going for adults only, and our usual style is to rope drop, rest in the afternoons, then go back to the parks for the evening. I have no idea what we're going to do, just the two of us. I can't imagine that we'll be able to sleep in, and I can hardly stand the thought of missing those prime touring hours first thing in the morning. But I also long for the leisurely morning and calm, quiet breakfast somewhere. I'm sure we could manage both, but the idea of not planning every second has me in a tizzy. And with so many unknowns with TSL opening and no idea about discounts yet (because I feel like that affects crowds), I don't feel like I could plan even if I wanted to. We have a couple of ADRs and a KTTK tour set up, but that's it!

I go from over planning to wanting to scrap everything. All I can do is wait until July 3rd for FP day. Most of our trip depends on FoP FPS.

I am in the same boat as you. When my ADR date opened, I went a little nutty and booked two sit down meals for every day of our trip. Now that the dust has settled, I am like “do we reeaaaalllly need Chef Mickey, Garden Grill AND Tusker House??” lol.

I also have two PPO ADR’s which I am both excited and nervous about. The idea of seeing a Disney park in the morning kind of intrigues me, since we are night owls and have never attended any rope drop or morning activities...but at the same time, DD and I really really really like to sleep in.

I just figured I will rearrange and drop as needed the closer we get :) Or not. Who knows lol

Solid info on Toy Story land will help a lot! I feel like we need to put our AK and HS days as late as possible in the hopes we can get FoP and Slinky Coaster FPs.

I am in the same boat as you. When my ADR date opened, I went a little nutty and booked two sit down meals for every day of our trip. Now that the dust has settled, I am like “do we reeaaaalllly need Chef Mickey, Garden Grill AND Tusker House??” lol.

I also have two PPO ADR’s which I am both excited and nervous about. The idea of seeing a Disney park in the morning kind of intrigues me, since we are night owls and have never attended any rope drop or morning activities...but at the same time, DD and I really really really like to sleep in.

I just figured I will rearrange and drop as needed the closer we get :) Or not. Who knows lol

Ha, I did the same thing! The thing that's different for this trip is that we're staying at Pop for the first 4 days, then switching to Beach Club for the last 5 days. This will be our first time at a Deluxe, and the big draw for DH to justify the money spent is that I promised we would spend time at the pool and enjoying the resort. BUT..there are so many "must-do" restaurants for us now, and so many things to see that I'm finding it difficult to fit everything in. Plus, we're looking at upgrading to AP's while we're there which would mean we'd probably go again in Jan/Feb. So, not sure why I'm stressing about doing everything!

I'm solidly in the PLAN ALL THE THINGS stage, but I really really want more solid info about Toy Story Land, about MNSSHP, about fireworks times, etc. Basically, I want all the information.

I'm the officially booked stage! Sept. 25-29th at All Star Music!
I'm currently having a headache of an issue with MDE; they linked my ticket to another MDE account....too much!
Now I've got to get my Magic Band Set up to use, and make some dining reservations!

Can't wait to see you all down there in September!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!