*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

We have our trip booked Sept 12-15 at Yacht Club! Celebrating my sister's birthday. So excited, but I'm really going crazy thinking about everything over and over again. Until FP+ are booked I know I won't rest!!

Honestly, FD not being offered at all in September would kind of surprise me. I've got my fingers crossed for a RO discount.

I figured there was no way it wouldn't be offered; it's been the fall discount for so long. But this site made a good point that September now has the draw of "lower" (sorta) crowds, MNSSHP all month and F&W all month. It's all rumors, but it sorta made sense. I feel like we will see less and less availability on discounted stays, maybe more last minute discounts.

So....... after getting up early when my 180 +10 ADR day opened up I have changed many reservations. Moved times, changed restaurants etc. Just now I modified a res. Honestly I am totally shocked that almost everything has availability on our dates 9/6 -9/16. This makes me thing that maybe September is going back to the slow time of year. Anyone else notice how many restaurants are still available?

So....... after getting up early when my 180 +10 ADR day opened up I have changed many reservations. Moved times, changed restaurants etc. Just now I modified a res. Honestly I am totally shocked that almost everything has availability on our dates 9/6 -9/16. This makes me thing that maybe September is going back to the slow time of year. Anyone else notice how many restaurants are still available?

If Free Dining drops next week, most of that availability will probably disappear. At least that’s what happened the last two times I went during Free Dining.

Hopefully you are right and I am wrong tho!

If Free Dining drops next week, most of that availability will probably disappear. At least that’s what happened the last two times I went during Free Dining.

Hopefully you are right and I am wrong tho!

I do understand about the free dining but it is very limited. I have never seen this many places have this much availability this far past the 180 day mark.

Hi Everyone!

I know the rumor is saying no FD for POFQ, but do you guys think there will be a room only discount? Never have gone this time of year, so haven’t had to “worry” about the fall discounts before! Just wanted to see what you guys’ thoughts are....

Yes! I've added and changed so many things and have been able to get what I want easily.

Yes! I've added and changed so many things and have been able to get what I want easily.

Me too! I am glad I made the reservations that I made, but I don't know if I will have any of them by the time we leave. I have had good success with booking so far, so I should probably settle on something now before free dining comes out just in case. Hoping it will be a slower time of the year this year!

Me too! I am glad I made the reservations that I made, but I don't know if I will have any of them by the time we leave. I have had good success with booking so far, so I should probably settle on something now before free dining comes out just in case. Hoping it will be a slower time of the year this year!

The only thing I haven't been able to change is our day for BOG lunch, but I am not surprised by that.

I noticed that ADR's were easier to get as well, but I just figured it was because September was a slower time of year. But free dining not dropping yet would make sense too.
Rumor is that it's going to drop next Monday or Tuesday, so get your ADR's now! hahaha

My family will be staying at AoA Finding Nemo Suite this September, 21-25, after doing a 4-night cruise on the Disney Dream! Despite all of the times that we've gone before, with the high school band, this will be the first time we're going to stay in a different resort, and be going in September. My mom really wants to see all of the fall decorations, so this'll be an exciting time for all of us!

I noticed that ADR's were easier to get as well, but I just figured it was because September was a slower time of year. But free dining not dropping yet would make sense too.
Rumor is that it's going to drop next Monday or Tuesday, so get your ADR's now! hahaha
Free dining was also this time last year and I know I had a very hard time grabbing everything I wanted at 180+10 and modifying was next to impossible. But we did luck out with dining last year. Irma came and we were able to modify and do a lot of walk ups to empty restaurants.

I am traveling 9/15 - 9/22 with at party of 11 (3 toddlers) and trying to get a better time for our Ohana ressie .. We have it on arrival day at 3:55 as it was that or 9:40pm but our flight isn't arriving till 1:22... We booked Ohana before the airfare so I really hope something works out. I'd hate to give it up

Has anyone been in the parks ON Labor Day before? I'm thinking of making this our easy day of sleeping in and swimming and just doing a few MK FPs. I'd rather go hard in the parks later in the week when the crowds are SUPPOSED to be "light."

Just wondering if this is a good plan. It helps break up the 5 early mornings we have scheduled.

Free dining was also this time last year and I know I had a very hard time grabbing everything I wanted at 180+10 and modifying was next to impossible. But we did luck out with dining last year. Irma came and we were able to modify and do a lot of walk ups to empty restaurants.

When DH and I went in December 2016, we were able to get everything we wanted despite booking a last minute trip. I signed up for the TP Reservation finder which was a huge help, and as we got closer to trip and on the trip, almost everything was available if we wanted to make changes/cancel.

And ...... Just now we decided to add California Grill to our arrival day. This is a hard one to get at 180 and really hard to get at fireworks time but today at 140 days there are a lot of times still available.

View attachment 317580

Cali Grill is my FAVORITE! We love it so much we're going twice during our September trip...once for the brunch, and once for dinner. I've never done the brunch before but seems like it'll be perfect for our MNSSHP day.

Has anyone been in the parks ON Labor Day before? I'm thinking of making this our easy day of sleeping in and swimming and just doing a few MK FPs. I'd rather go hard in the parks later in the week when the crowds are SUPPOSED to be "light."

Just wondering if this is a good plan. It helps break up the 5 early mornings we have scheduled.
Have you checked the projected crowd level on Touring Plans or Kenny the Pirate's sites? I seem to recall it wasn't actually too bad compared to other Disney "holidays"...but the week after will be much lower crowd levels. Personally I'd go with your plan...take an easy day, maybe go to a park at night for one of the shows and some rides, then hit the parks harder later in the week. The only thing that may cause increased crowds is that Rosh Hashanah is Sept 9-11 so there may be more people visiting than normal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter