*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

ADR day is tomorrow! Sat down with DH tonight and finalized some things. Shifted a few things, tweaked a few others. Really hoping we can get FOP and SDD.

The countdown is officially under 50 days. How the heck did that happen?? It feels like last week the countdown said 365. I did not expect summer to go this fast. And August will fly by since there is a quick beach trip, two concerts, and all the back to school insanity. It is almost scary how fast this year is going so far.

It’s Fast Pass Day!! And of course my website and app were both being very temperamental. Logged in at 7, but did not get to book the first FP+ until almost 7:15. I did get almost everything we wanted, with the exception of SDD, I guess we will just be with the EMH rope drop crowd on that one. Got FOP for 60+2 for 3, I thought that was pretty surprising.

It’s Fast Pass Day!! And of course my website and app were both being very temperamental. Logged in at 7, but did not get to book the first FP+ until almost 7:15. I did get almost everything we wanted, with the exception of SDD, I guess we will just be with the EMH rope drop crowd on that one. Got FOP for 60+2 for 3, I thought that was pretty surprising.

I was able to get SDD for 60+3, but not until about 5pm. That actually fits our plans nicely, so I wasn't concerned. But it would've stunk to be planning to rope drop HS and not be able to get that Tier 1 until 5pm!

I was able to get FOP at 60+4, around 11am. I would've preferred earlier, but I'm thankful I was able to get it before noon! As difficult as that one has been, I am surprised at the availability that was still there at lunch time when I checked again.

The countdown is officially under 50 days. How the heck did that happen?? It feels like last week the countdown said 365. I did not expect summer to go this fast. And August will fly by since there is a quick beach trip, two concerts, and all the back to school insanity. It is almost scary how fast this year is going so far.

Soooo close to going into the 40s

I know, right? This summer is speeding by at a ridiculous rate! Our countdown is at 44 days. We leave in 10 days to camp for a week. In 34 days we drop off our oldest at college. WHAT?? Our middle child is currently 1/2 way through driver's training. Time flies!

I feel like I was just at 90 days, and here I am at 57 :)
TP alert for the win again for me today...I have been trying to get a 3:30-4:00 ADR at 'Ohana for our MNSSHP day, but have been missing the TP alerts for literally 2 months. Today I missed it again and was even more disappointed that I was so close to booking it but it was slow cancelling my existing Plaza ADR so I missed it. I was ecstatic when I got the alert for the same time about an hour later and managed to snag it! :yay:

Now the only problem is that I'm wondering how we're going to possibly be hungry since we've also got a 10am Cali Grill brunch ADR that day.

On the downside, DH found out today that he tore a ligament in his ankle. He's got an air brace for the next 10 days, which puts a big dent in our training for Disney plans. I'm really hoping the air brace and rest does the trick, or they'll have to do surgery and that will likely mean he'll need a knee scooter or ECV for our trip.

Well my FP process this morning was not great, but it is done. I didn't get FOP at FP+1 or SDD at FP+4. FOP wasn't a huge shock, but I was a little surprised by SDD given recent reports. I'll keep looking and will hopefully get them between now and then. I really only need one of each. Now the 60 day wait starts.

52 days out and I haven't booked airfare yet - I keep holding out hope it will drop but I guess I better just do it, because at this point canceling is not what I want to do.

52 days out and I haven't booked airfare yet - I keep holding out hope it will drop but I guess I better just do it, because at this point canceling is not what I want to do.
I check my flights obsessively and haven't seen them move since April. I wonder if the airlines are keeping the flight prices high for that time of year because there could be more weather-related flight cancellations?

I check my flights obsessively and haven't seen them move since April. I wonder if the airlines are keeping the flight prices high for that time of year because there could be more weather-related flight cancellations?

Not sure what airline you are flying but our September Southwest flights just dropped 20% yesterday! Wishing you luck...

Not sure what airline you are flying but our September Southwest flights just dropped 20% yesterday! Wishing you luck...
Jetblue - after my debacle with United this past weekend I wont - and theirs are double what JB is posted now. They were a little lower a month ago for 1/2 a day and i wasn't able to book of course that day - I got lucky last Dec and April and paid under $200 each time so in my logic it's just evening the score LOL

Well my FP process this morning was not great, but it is done. I didn't get FOP at FP+1 or SDD at FP+4. FOP wasn't a huge shock, but I was a little surprised by SDD given recent reports. I'll keep looking and will hopefully get them between now and then. I really only need one of each. Now the 60 day wait starts.

Ditto here - no Slinky and, surprisingly, no 7DMT at 60+2! Last trip, I got 7DMT easily at 30 days out. The website and App were crazy this morning! I clicked Enchanted Tales and it showed up as Haunted Mansion. At one point, my whole family disappeared from my options except for me. This happened to my DH on the app at the same time, too. I guess I'll be searching for a Slinky Dog.

I love hearing everyone's costume ideas. This is our first MNSSHP. We're leaning towards Toy Story with DH as Buzz, me as Bo Peep, and the kiddos (DD4 and DS2) as Woody and Jessie. DH tried very hard to convince me to be Merida's family b/c Merida told him that he looked like her dad when we were there in June. (He is a big guy with red, curly hair). Coincidentally, he has moved from his normal goatee to growing the beard out ever since. I think DS gets kinda screwed with that costume, though, b/c he doesn't know the movie and he'd have to be one of the brothers as a bear or in a kilt! PS - we don't own any kilts, so that'd be a task for DH, too!

I'm flying Southwest and booked my flights with points (so I can't complain too much because they were free), but cash price was still $300 per person round trip. It would be nice to be able to rebook at a lower fare and get more RR points back in my account!

Ditto here - no Slinky and, surprisingly, no 7DMT at 60+2! Last trip, I got 7DMT easily at 30 days out. The website and App were crazy this morning! I clicked Enchanted Tales and it showed up as Haunted Mansion. At one point, my whole family disappeared from my options except for me. This happened to my DH on the app at the same time, too. I guess I'll be searching for a Slinky Dog.

My whole family disappeared too! I was about to grab a SDD for the day after we planned to be at HS, but then I wasn't able to select my party again after the dreaded Olaf screen. Hope we both get everything eventually!

Ditto here! At about 7:15 I finally got my first fast pass, but lots of error messages the whole morning. Eventually, I got everything on my list except for SDD at 60+1. I'll be seeing you at EMH rope drop. :) Tons of times available for FOP at 60+6. I will keep looking for a SDD. On the bright side, I was able to snag a Chef Mickey today for our last night.

I love hearing everyone's costume ideas. This is our first MNSSHP. We're leaning towards Toy Story with DH as Buzz, me as Bo Peep, and the kiddos (DD4 and DS2) as Woody and Jessie. DH tried very hard to convince me to be Merida's family b/c Merida told him that he looked like her dad when we were there in June. (He is a big guy with red, curly hair). Coincidentally, he has moved from his normal goatee to growing the beard out ever since. I think DS gets kinda screwed with that costume, though, b/c he doesn't know the movie and he'd have to be one of the brothers as a bear or in a kilt! PS - we don't own any kilts, so that'd be a

Google sports or athletic kilts. Lighter, washable, less expensive

Google Athletic/sports kilts.
Lighter, washable and less expensive.

My phone killed the quotes on the last one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter