The OfFicIal wOmen's wOrld sOccer cUp thrEAd

That's what I've been trying to say. If the money isn't there, you can't pay it.

I know you were. I didn’t see your posts as thinking women deserve less, just as a financial aspect there’s no way they can make the same. That’s just the way it works.

I know zip about soccer, but it sounds like the women generate comparable revenue. Then by all means, they need to make the same. And like you said in a previous post you feel the same way!

:thumbsup2

I'd say they're more successful. That doesn't mean better. I'd say the competition on the men's side is tougher than on the women's side.
Several years ago I was having lunch with several people working at my company's office in San Diego. One of the people there was a former men's soccer player at University of San Diego. Somehow the discussion went to when his team scrimmaged with the USWNT (the one that won the 1999 WWC) once. He said there wasn't a real comparison. His men's college team was bigger, faster, stronger, and overall better than the best women's team in the world. It's frankly an unfair comparison.

This is the basic reason why there has always been controversy over those with male characteristics being eligible to participate as women or participate with women in some capacity. The case of Caster Semanya may be the most obvious, but there were those who tried to compete as women after sex reassignment.

However, we have a system where women are allowed to compete separately to create a more even playing field. I mentioned tennis where major prize money and sponsorships are similar. Certainly I've heard of some women's tennis players seeking out men to play against to see if they could beat them. Back when Jimmy Connors and Martina Navratilova had their "Battle of the Sexes", she was given certain advantages where she even admitted that she probably couldn't win straight up. She accepted that fact and moved on.

Several years ago I was having lunch with several people working at my company's office in San Diego. One of the people there was a former men's soccer player at University of San Diego. Somehow the discussion went to when his team scrimmaged with the USWNT (the one that won the 1999 WWC) once. He said there wasn't a real comparison. His men's college team was bigger, faster, stronger, and overall better than the best women's team in the world. It's frankly an unfair comparison.

This is the basic reason why there has always been controversy over those with male characteristics being eligible to participate as women or participate with women in some capacity. The case of Caster Semanya may be the most obvious, but there were those who tried to compete as women after sex reassignment.

However, we have a system where women are allowed to compete separately to create a more even playing field. I mentioned tennis where major prize money and sponsorships are similar. Certainly I've heard of some women's tennis players seeking out men to play against to see if they could beat them. Back when Jimmy Connors and Martina Navratilova had their "Battle of the Sexes", she was given certain advantages where she even admitted that she probably couldn't win straight up. She accepted that fact and moved on.

This is precisely why MY sport is the best 😁. Gender is immaterial. Even age doesn't matter. Equestrian sport is a level playing field.

Yeah Baby, go USA , I wonder why our women are great at this ? It would seem other Country's put more emphasis on it then we do. I dont follow but none the less I thinks its really cool they won

Yeah Baby, go USA , I wonder why our women are great at this ? It would seem other Country's put more emphasis on it then we do. I dont follow but none the less I thinks its really cool they won
The first WWC was held in 1991. There were 12 teams. In comparison the first MWC was in 1930. So basically most countries, although they had a "soccer culture", didn't really do much on the women's side.

The first WWC was held in 1991. There were 12 teams. In comparison the first MWC was in 1930. So basically most countries, although they had a "soccer culture", didn't really do much on the women's side.

Thank you, got it, and thank you for not writing a book trying to show your great intellect and many of us do on the dis

The US had a definite advantage in the women's game given how popular it was with girls. I also recall that early on, China had put a lot of resources into developing a women's soccer program on the premise that most of their competition wasn't well established and they were likely to do well. But in 20 years they went from the biggest competition for the US to one that has more or less been left behind as other countries took the game more seriously.

The supposed rivalry did make for at least one interesting commercial.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter