The OfFicIal wOmen's wOrld sOccer cUp thrEAd

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. These players are scoring goals at the highest level in the world. I see nothing wrong with celebrating that accomplishment. They were not taunting the other team, they were celebrating with each other and the joy at their accomplishment was evident on their faces. If Thailand did not like it they should have stopped it. The score was 3-0 at half. Thailand quit trying later in the game, or their fitness level was not where it should be to play at that level. That is not the US team's fault.

This is pretty close to my heart as I know one of the young women who scored two goals in that game as her sister played for years with my daughter. She worked her you know what off for the opportunity to play in this tournament. She deserves to celebrate her goals, and those of her teammates, as much as she wants. This is not everybody have an orange slice and a trophy and be happy. This is play hard and celebrate all you have accomplished.

Feel free to agree or disagree, but I hate having the hard work and love of the game these women displayed being disparaged. I wish our men's team played with the same passion and drive as these women.

I am going to be in WDW for the Sweden v. US game and got a reservation at ESPN club. I tried to call to make sure they’d show it, given that it’s on a fox network, but no one ever picked up the phone. Then I found this lovely thread! Anyone know if they show the games there??

That Chilean goalie was amazing yesterday! She was the difference in their game versus the game against Thailand - she easily made 6-8 saves that the other goalie would have had no chance against.

Nice chance for the US team to get nearly everyone on the roster experience in the first two games too. Now the real tournament starts. :)

Heading out at 9am tomorrow to go to a downtown pub to watch US vs. Spain. That France vs. Brazil match was a nail biter today! ⚽ 🇺🇲

Boo yah! I'm glad the ladies have a few days "off" now before facing France. Who am I kidding? Like the T-shirt says, no days off!

Nicely done today!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter