The One and Only Quick Service Pizza

Are you OK with more frozen pizza locations for me to enjoy Disney more?

• Yes

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 10 41.7%

• Total voters

KevinMAN

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone,

Ever since I was a kid I enjoyed those crappy quick service pizzas that were available at every counter service in the parks. Yeah, you know the one. When my family took advantage of free dining, I would get those pizzas every single meal with a large Fanta Orange. I am serious when I say every single meal. About three or four over the span of 7-8 years of my Disney trips were so filled with this meal combo that I have associated the taste of orange soda with Disney World for over the past decade. My last family trip was in 2012 and I remember the meal experience being very similar as all the ones before.

I was in the service for a while and never made it back to Disney World until this past May. Turns out, the vast majority of visitors disliked the delicious pizza and some even claimed it was the worst pizza Disney had to offer! This has caused the frozen pizza domination over the counter service menus to limit their location to only a few places in the parks. This is unacceptable to me because I was only able to have the amazing pizza twice on my last trip. I visited both PizzeRizzo in HS and Pizzafari in AK and the pizza was everything I remembered. I even got a refreshing Fanta Orange and, to me, it was a highlight of the trip. It brought me back to being a kid again.

I have tried searching over the years and have had no luck. I know those QS pizzas were frozen and had to be from somewhere other than Disney so someone has to have some knowledge. When I was younger, I even asked the people behind the counter but they would not give me any information! Ok, I know they are not liked by most people on here but, I love those things and I'm hoping we can put aside our pizza preferences to work together. I am looking for something very similar available at a grocery store or maybe the number to the supplier so I can put in a large order.

Any help, and you will become one of my closest friends.

I'm probably being overly critical :), but....

Pizza is too much of an "easy out" for food service locations to offer. If they offer pizza everywhere, it will undoubtedly limit other (hopefully more unique) options. Another thing, pizza has been at every resort food court that I've been to so there are all of those locations as well.

What I appreciate from your comments is the association of a certain food or drink with Disney World. I love that. For me it's low carb Monster energy drinks. I don't drink those at home, but at WDW I'll drink them. We go in the summer and it's too dang hot for coffee. I had one almost every morning, and would share a sip with whatever kid wanted. Like your pizza though, they are getting more and more difficult to find.

Dan

Last edited:
You ate Pizzafari and liked it? We ordered there this past month to make the 8 year old happy and everyone but her managed one bite (she managed 2). This stuff was so bad I did something I almost never do, I called for the manager and asked why he was planning on killing us with that crap. They refunded 4 of our 8 credits when they saw we had only eaten one bite out of each and the salads. Thanks to Pizzafari I will never eat counter service pizza anywhere in Disney again. My girls have asked about the table service Via Napoli and I am a little nervous about it after this meal.

It's not necessarily my first choice, but there's absolutely something to be said for "garbage" pizza. Because of numerous flight delays, my friend and I got a pizza at the food court at All-Star Music. We had a couple slices and then I refrigerated the leftovers... and then ate cold, leftover pizza the next morning. (Which wasn't half bad.) That's not the smaller pizzas, though

Now, I'm not a BIG FAN of the pizza at Disney. That being said, I also don't hate it.

It isn't as bad as my local elementary school-issued "pizza wheels" which were stale hamburger buns with a plop of thin (as in, watered down to stretch it further) sauce, a bit of cheese, and a "pepperoni" slice. It isn't as bad as school pizza, which was like a dry, crumbly bread with "sauce" and rubber cheese on top.

There are only so many food suppliers in the US, so I'd bet that either Sysco-US Foods or one of their competitors does it. OR, Disney buys frozen dough and then has assembly-line prep top the frozen dough and then they run through the oven.

Since eating "bad pizza" at Disney reminds you of your time there as a kid, I don't know that eating that same pizza at home will be as satisfying.
For many things, the atmosphere around you, where you are, what you are doing, who you are with has a huge impact on our perception of something.
Take away the entire Disney atmosphere with that same pizza and you might be disappointed.

I don't know where their pizza comes from, but I saw a few Cici's pizza trucks on property last week, one was parked at the TTC. I don't know why it was there, but it was.

You ate Pizzafari and liked it? We ordered there this past month to make the 8 year old happy and everyone but her managed one bite (she managed 2). This stuff was so bad I did something I almost never do, I called for the manager and asked why he was planning on killing us with that crap. They refunded 4 of our 8 credits when they saw we had only eaten one bite out of each and the salads. Thanks to Pizzafari I will never eat counter service pizza anywhere in Disney again. My girls have asked about the table service Via Napoli and I am a little nervous about it after this meal.

I will admit that the pizza I crave can be considered "crappy," but it's just something about them that I have enjoyed throughout my Disney trips. Maybe it's an acquired taste!

Now you may not want to accept my opinion on pizza after your experience with Pizzafari, but I have had good pizza at Via Napoli. We ordered "Quattro Formaggi" and it was a hit with everyone, and I'm sure you could fine something you'd enjoy there.

Since eating "bad pizza" at Disney reminds you of your time there as a kid, I don't know that eating that same pizza at home will be as satisfying.
For many things, the atmosphere around you, where you are, what you are doing, who you are with has a huge impact on our perception of something.
Take away the entire Disney atmosphere with that same pizza and you might be disappointed.

Ahhhh! The bittersweet truth of it all. I feel that what you have said is probably true and, while it does upset me, I think I would still like to try.

I don't know where their pizza comes from, but I saw a few Cici's pizza trucks on property last week, one was parked at the TTC. I don't know why it was there, but it was.

I shall do some research, thank you for the insider information. I hope this leads me somewhere.....

We saw a couple too. It looked to me more like ad space on a smaller private charter bus though. Someone in line even said Ohhh they have Cici’s here!

It's not necessarily my first choice, but there's absolutely something to be said for "garbage" pizza. Because of numerous flight delays, my friend and I got a pizza at the food court at All-Star Music. We had a couple slices and then I refrigerated the leftovers... and then ate cold, leftover pizza the next morning. (Which wasn't half bad.) That's not the smaller pizzas, though

Now, I'm not a BIG FAN of the pizza at Disney. That being said, I also don't hate it.

It isn't as bad as my local elementary school-issued "pizza wheels" which were stale hamburger buns with a plop of thin (as in, watered down to stretch it further) sauce, a bit of cheese, and a "pepperoni" slice. It isn't as bad as school pizza, which was like a dry, crumbly bread with "sauce" and rubber cheese on top.

There are only so many food suppliers in the US, so I'd bet that either Sysco-US Foods or one of their competitors does it. OR, Disney buys frozen dough and then has assembly-line prep top the frozen dough and then they run through the oven.

Hmmm, the big food suppliers would make sense. Now to search through each one's catalog. I will be checking grocery stores for something similar. I appreciate the help, you have provided me with something I have yet to think about.

Those are not frozen pizzas. There was a show a long time ago on the travel channel where they showed how they make those em masse in a prep kitchen onsite. The dough seems to be premade but then they add the sauce, cheese amd toppings in an assembly line and bake in a conveyer belt style oven.

You won't find them anywhere else on your own, sorry.

I also think these pizzas are just fine. I don't get the hate. Reminds me of drunk college late nights. It's pretty good "crappy pizza."

It's definitely NOTHING like Cicis pizza. Which is also crappy pizza, but a different style.

I haven't had Disney pizza for a while (when I go to Pizzerizzo, I get their antipasto salad--it's great!), but I often eat Schwan's home delivery food service's individual sized deep dish pizzas. I like the cheese one and the pepperoni one. I think there's another variety, but it had some toppings I didn't like. If Schwan's is available in your area, I would check it out, although it may be a bit pricey. But you get a whole bunch in one box. As for supermarket pizzas, I've always liked Red Baron. Good luck on your Pizza Quest!

Bless your heart.

giphy.gif

Those are not frozen pizzas. There was a show a long time ago on the travel channel where they showed how they make those em masse in a prep kitchen onsite. The dough seems to be premade but then they add the sauce, cheese amd toppings in an assembly line and bake in a conveyer belt style oven.

You won't find them anywhere else on your own, sorry.

I also think these pizzas are just fine. I don't get the hate. Reminds me of drunk college late nights. It's pretty good "crappy pizza."

It's definitely NOTHING like Cicis pizza. Which is also crappy pizza, but a different style.

This is what I was afraid of. I will try to hunt the show down over the weekend because I would be interested in seeing this but I feel like it would just make me crave the food even more. So very upsetting, Disney needs to ship some out and let me buy them. Thank you for the terrible news.

I haven't had Disney pizza for a while (when I go to Pizzerizzo, I get their antipasto salad--it's great!), but I often eat Schwan's home delivery food service's individual sized deep dish pizzas. I like the cheese one and the pepperoni one. I think there's another variety, but it had some toppings I didn't like. If Schwan's is available in your area, I would check it out, although it may be a bit pricey. But you get a whole bunch in one box. As for supermarket pizzas, I've always liked Red Baron. Good luck on your Pizza Quest!

Funny thing is my family used to get Schwan's! I loved those ice cream sundae cones! I can't recall ever trying their pizzas but you have sparked an interest in looking them up again. Always thought they had decent food but never really branched out in the options they had. I found a Digiorno personal pizza today that did not scratch the itch whatsoever, so Red Baron will be up next for sure. Thanks!

Hello everyone,

Ever since I was a kid I enjoyed those crappy quick service pizzas that were available at every counter service in the parks. Yeah, you know the one. When my family took advantage of free dining, I would get those pizzas every single meal with a large Fanta Orange. I am serious when I say every single meal. About three or four over the span of 7-8 years of my Disney trips were so filled with this meal combo that I have associated the taste of orange soda with Disney World for over the past decade. My last family trip was in 2012 and I remember the meal experience being very similar as all the ones before.

I was in the service for a while and never made it back to Disney World until this past May. Turns out, the vast majority of visitors disliked the delicious pizza and some even claimed it was the worst pizza Disney had to offer! This has caused the frozen pizza domination over the counter service menus to limit their location to only a few places in the parks. This is unacceptable to me because I was only able to have the amazing pizza twice on my last trip. I visited both PizzeRizzo in HS and Pizzafari in AK and the pizza was everything I remembered. I even got a refreshing Fanta Orange and, to me, it was a highlight of the trip. It brought me back to being a kid again.

I have tried searching over the years and have had no luck. I know those QS pizzas were frozen and had to be from somewhere other than Disney so someone has to have some knowledge. When I was younger, I even asked the people behind the counter but they would not give me any information! Ok, I know they are not liked by most people on here but, I love those things and I'm hoping we can put aside our pizza preferences to work together. I am looking for something very similar available at a grocery store or maybe the number to the supplier so I can put in a large order.

I love those pizzas!!! I thought I was the only one who craves the old Disney pizzas!!!! I just love them! hahaha It reminds me too.... Anyway, our last trip I noticed hardy any place sells them anymore. Pizzafari, PizzeRizzo, the Leaning Palms in Typhoon Lagoon, CBR food court used to sell them where I would get them everyday - but they are under construction so not sure of their fate...I noticed most are changing to the flatbreads. I think the moderate and value resorts still sell them maybe? They are handmade - you can see them making them at PizzeRizzo if you look over the counter - big assembly line. At least I'm not the only one still around that likes those pizzas! haha

And you’ve tried all of the national brands of frozen pizza found in your local grocery store’s freezer and never found one crappy enough to match the crappiness of those served at Disney so many years ago, boggles the mind! Home Run Inn, Palermo’s,Tostino’s, Kirkland’s brand, Frescheta, Digiorno’s, Red Baron, Tombstone, Pizza Uno, Red Brick, Tony’s..:confused3

I can tolerate Paul Newman’s frozen 4 cheese thin, however California Pizza Kitchens frozen pizza I couldn’t get down it was so bad, even my dog wouldn’t eat it!

But, just to satisfy my personal curiosity, do you eat and like fresh pizza made from scratch?

I too, have wonderful family memories etched in my mind often triggered by smells or tastes but I’m happy Disney dining as a whole has evolved beyond those early days of burgers, hot dogs and “crappy” frozen cheese pizza. Lately though, it seems progress has been halted and we’re regressing in quality and choice, so who knows, maybe your favorite will make a reappearance!

BTW, what are your feelings on Nescafé? Good luck with your quest!

Last edited:
No offense, but they were/are some of the worst pizza's ever offered in any theme park. If it was a Six Flags park that is what I would expect, but not for a Disney. While I am not expecting gourmet quality, I like a decent quick slice which is doable.

Hello everyone,

Hi there, I know this is late but I just found this. I believe that the pizza’s are possibly Palermo’s Pizza out of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, they taste exactly the same. At the Wisconsin State Fair Palermo’s has a booth and sells the same sized pizza and they look exactly the same. I’m not sure if you can buy the individual sizes in stores though.

I have family members with food allergies we mostly eat at TS but in Nov had a meal at both Pizzafari and PizzaRizzo they got the dairy free cheese pizza with a salad and I had a regular cheese pizza with a salad and we really enjoyed both places.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter