The One Day Trip: Has anyone else done this?

megveg

Drink up me hearties, yo ho!
So I've done it.

For years and years I've had a bucket list dream to fly out early early from Boston, head to Orlando, head to Magic Kingdom for the day, and then fly back that night and I just booked it.

In February, I will be leaving Boston at 6am, landing in Orlando around 9:30, picking up a rental car at the airport, driving to MK, spending the day riding rides, and just soaking it in, having my favorite lunch (corndog nuggets at Casey's) and then drive back to the airport for a 9pm flight back to Boston. I'll have my annual pass by then so I won't have to worry about tickets. :)

I did a one day, all 4 parks trip once before with my brother in 2014, we drove from Massachusetts to Key West, then drove up to Orlando, spent the night at All Star Sports, woke up, went to all 4 parks, finished the day watching Wishes, then started the drive back to MA but this flying trip has been a dream of mine for a while.

I know to be aware of possible delays and cancellations but right now I'm just excited I'll be finally fufilling a dream of mine :)

Have any of you done a One Day Trip? Flying or driving? I know locals probably have driven in for one day quick trips obviously haha

:D

Not one day, but in 2010, I found ridiculously cheap flights on Spirit Airlines over Columbus Day weekend.

It cost $150.00 round trip for two of us. We flew out Friday afternoon and came back Monday morning. We got two day tickets and did the Magic Kingdom on Saturday and Epcot on Sunday.

It was a blast! Hope you enjoy your day at the World. :)

Impressive, I would love to see a mini trip report of this :D
Only 189 days to go haha! I'll do a trip report/live updates on social media :)

Not one day, but in 2010, I found ridiculously cheap flights on Spirit Airlines over Columbus Day
It cost $150.00 round trip for two of us.

I think I check weekend flights like that all the time haha :)

Haven't done a one day trip. I often though just do one Disney park day per year, but it's usually a three day/four night trip with a day at SeaWorld and a resort day on top of my Disney day.

I'm impressed - and jealous - of your energy level. :D I'm tired just reading. LOL

But also looking forward to the TR - fun!

I hope you are part of a loyalty program for the car you rented. We've waited a long time to get a car a couple of times (like an hour) when we haven't been booked with our first choice company due to price.

If I could get the flight under $200 and a car for cheap - it's actually not a bad idea. I can drop that much cash at Costco and Target on a routine Saturday...... (Course - I might need the food and toilet paper.... I don't NEED a trip to Disney..... well.... maybe I do!)

Here's my thought on the rental car question above about waiting for a car...

Alamo (and a few others) have an option to bypass the counter. You print your paperwork ahead of time, then walk straight to the garage, pick your car from the line (the keys are already on the dash), and give your credit card at the exit. It is super easy, and makes me sad for the night we spent 2 hours in the line at another rental. It's never taken us more than 5 min to checkout, and we've used them at least 5 times now.

As far as your overall plan, I think it's awesome!

Not one day, but we are flying down in September, arriving around 1pm, renting a car and driving to our resort. We are going to the DVC Moonlight Magic that night at AK, and have reservations at Jiko before the party. The next day our flight out isn't till 6 pm so we will hit the parks for the day.
A couple of years ago we drove down on a Saturday (8 hours), went to F&W for the night, got up the next morning and hit a few rides and were back on the road by noon for the drive home. We were so tired, but it was really fun. I am glad we are flying for our quick trip this time!

Wife and I a few times before our daughter would leave house at 5:30am and drive up (be there by 9am since we are 3 hrs away and need to grab coffee and breakfast on way up). We would stay all day until 10pm (We would work in a 2 hr nap during the day so I can drive home at night).

So I've done it.

For years and years I've had a bucket list dream to fly out early early from Boston, head to Orlando, head to Magic Kingdom for the day, and then fly back that night and I just booked it.

In February, I will be leaving Boston at 6am, landing in Orlando around 9:30, picking up a rental car at the airport, driving to MK, spending the day riding rides, and just soaking it in, having my favorite lunch (corndog nuggets at Casey's) and then drive back to the airport for a 9pm flight back to Boston. I'll have my annual pass by then so I won't have to worry about tickets. :)

I did a one day, all 4 parks trip once before with my brother in 2014, we drove from Massachusetts to Key West, then drove up to Orlando, spent the night at All Star Sports, woke up, went to all 4 parks, finished the day watching Wishes, then started the drive back to MA but this flying trip has been a dream of mine for a while.

I know to be aware of possible delays and cancellations but right now I'm just excited I'll be finally fufilling a dream of mine :)

Have any of you done a One Day Trip? Flying or driving? I know locals probably have driven in for one day quick trips obviously haha

:D
So cool. I've always thought about doing this. Now I know it can be done. Thanks !!!

Along that line, I have done a one day trip in which DD and i went to MK for a day while we were in Florida to catch a couple spring training baseball games. We got to MK before rope drop and stayed until closing. Also, DW and DD recently drove to FL one day, went to MK the next, and home then next day. I guess they just don't mind the 9 hour drive.

Never done a one day trip like you are planning but it sounds like a great albeit exhausting time.

In February, I will be leaving Boston at 6am, landing in Orlando around 9:30, picking up a rental car at the airport, driving to MK, spending the day riding rides, and just soaking it in, having my favorite lunch (corndog nuggets at Casey's) and then drive back to the airport for a 9pm flight back to Boston.

Oh man, that's one of my favorite lunches too! I've definitely done the four parks on my arrival day thing, I think managing the flight home would have been doable as long as I didn't need to be useful the next day!

Matt

Last week we booked a 2 night trip for next week to go on GMR and Energy one last time. We thought about doing with only 1 night, but figured we could enjoy a water park as well.

Enjoy your trip!

Wife and I a few times before our daughter would leave house at 5:30am and drive up (be there by 9am since we are 3 hrs away and need to grab coffee and breakfast on way up). We would stay all day until 10pm (We would work in a 2 hr nap during the day so I can drive home at night).
I have to ask... where did you manage to nap at? popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter