The One with the Breakfast Feet - A December 2018 TR *New PTR Link 6/13

Sounds like a fun time resort hopping and seeing the Christmas decorations!

It was so fun, and such a great way to start our trip!

How fun going around resort hopping seeing all the holiday offerings! I love that they have Cindy's castle this year at the Contemporary (it was Frozen last I was there bleh), it's so cute and in a different spot. Love it and the Peanut Butter cake looks so YUM. I wants.

Your photos in front of the Grand tree honestly are so cute. I wouldn't know the posing was awkward at all. Like those seem like fairly normal poses. When my family was in Epcot and we got photos in front of the ball, they had us hug and pose similarly. The only awkwardness was I was sick at the time and just wanted to go to bed than take another photo lol

Your dinner at CSR is making me so hungry. Looks so so good and I didn't even realized they changed the name of their QS. I've been out of it.

Glad to hear everything got situated at the end of the night! :thumbsup2

I LOVED the gingerbread castle, and that PB pie was actually insane.

Haha, well thank you! I think it's probably just because we know how we normally take pictures, and that's just not it:rotfl: My mom really isn't the type to put her hand on her hip LOL.

It's so true!

It didn't help that the resort next to ours had gotten like three busses and had way fewer people at the stop than we did. :upsidedow

Well, that kind of makes up for the waiting before. kind of...

The gingerbread house at GF looks amazing! I hope we get to see it this december!

The gingerbread house was amazing!! You should definitely go see it if you have time!

Resort hopping during the holidays is the best.
Man, that peanut butter pie looked really good!

It was so fun, and a great way to start our trip! The pie was so delicious, but I definitely wouldn't have been able to eat an entire one on my own!

So annoying about your prime delivery! Sorry, girl!

EoS and Mini-Golf sounds like the perfect afternoon!

The Contemporary gingerbread house is so cute!!! Also, I love the peanut butter pie at the Contempo, it's so yummy! :lovestruc ALSO also, those Christmas mugs with the black handle/lid are so cool! I've only seen the red ones before!

It looks like your night ended on a high note with good food and different things getting straightened out! I can't wait to read more!!

It was super frustrating, but it all worked out, thankfully.

It had been a long time since we'd played Disney mini golf, so we were glad that we made time for it!

I hadn't seen the black lids either! We actually never saw any of the Christmas ones with the red lids/handles out at CSR the entire time we were there.

It was a good night, and we were SO excited for the next day! :cool1:

Great trip report so far!

Thank you so much!!

"You Guys Are Crazy!"
Day 2: Friday December 14, 2018

Our Plans:
FOUR PARKS IN ONE DAY
Star Tours 12:30-1:30pm
Toy Story Mania 2:10-3:10pm
Voyage of the Little Mermaid 3:10-3:25pm

Our alarm went off at 6:00am, but we didn’t mind because today was the day!! Our first park day and the day we would tackle the Four Parks in One Day Challenge! Everybody got up and got ready to go, and I ate some peanut butter crackers for breakfast. It was just after 7:00am when we left our room—right on schedule! We ended up having to wait like 25 minutes for a bus, but eventually, we were on our way to the Magic Kingdom!

It was just before 8:00am when we made it inside the park. I may or may not have teared up a bit out of sheer joy.:confused3:lovestruc

enhance

We stopped for a picture with the giant tree.

enhance

And then again a little further down Main Street.

enhance

enhance

Park #1!

enhance

Our plan had been to head straight for BTMRR, but when we headed through Fantasyland toward Liberty Square…it was roped off. A CM told us that only Fantasyland and Tomorrowland were open for EMH. Um, okay? We’ve never had this happen before. We could remember times where certain rides were closed during EMH, but never half the park like that. So, we made a very quick change in plans, and were in the standby line for PPF by 8:07am.

My attempt at a picture on the ride.:rotfl2:

enhance

After our flight over Neverland, we walked straight on to IASW. Several boats in front of us were empty, and our boat wasn’t completely full. It was kind of weird, but also kind of nice!

enhance

enhance

enhance

Once we got off the ride, we made a stop at the Tangled bathrooms, and I tried to take an artsy picture.

enhance

By now, it was about 8:45, so we decided to wait at the rope to Liberty Square and hopefully get on BTMRR right around 9:00. The poor CM that was standing at the rope looked a little terrified - not that I could blame her. People were getting pretty antsy, so I would be scared, too!

We could hear the welcome show behind us, and soon we were off to Frontierland. It was just a couple minutes after 9:00 when we were getting on BTMRR. We were happy to get to ride it after all, despite the monkey wrench in our plans!:thumbsup2

From there, we headed back to Main Street and stopped in the Confectionery. Mom got a peanut butter cookie, Dad got an oatmeal raisin cookie, and I got a Mickey birthday cake scone.

enhance

Then, we made our way out of the park.

Park #1: CHECK!

enhance

Last edited:
Our Plans:
FOUR PARKS IN ONE DAY
I can't wait to hear how this went!

A CM told us that only Fantasyland and Tomorrowland were open for EMH. Um, okay? We’ve never had this happen before. We could remember times where certain rides were closed during EMH, but never half the park like that.
I feel like they just started doing this. Which is a little disappointing.

Ok, I love everything about this!

Hello! Just joining in!

Your family seems so much fun and I can definitely relate to having a goofy dad.

I admire you guys for attempting this challenge. If we had park hoppers, I would definitely make my family try to do this on our next vacation!

Looking forward to hearing more!

This day sounds awesome and you've only just begun retelling it. I love the shirts you had to go along with the goal, too!

I can't wait to hear how this went!

We had such a blast!! I'm already really enjoying writing about it! :D

I feel like they just started doing this. Which is a little disappointing.

Yeah this was definitely frustrating, especially because I had just been in May and we didn't have this happen. We wondered if maybe it had something to do with the Christmas crowds and they were just trying to keep everyone contained or something.

Ok, I love everything about this!

Aww, thank you!! :)

Hello! Just joining in!

Your family seems so much fun and I can definitely relate to having a goofy dad.

I admire you guys for attempting this challenge. If we had park hoppers, I would definitely make my family try to do this on our next vacation!

Looking forward to hearing more!

Welcome aboard! Thanks for reading!

We like to think we're pretty fun anyway. ;)

It was so much fun, and I would definitely recommend trying it at some point!

Sounds like a very successful morning at Park 1! I love all the photopass pics!!

It was a great morning & a great way to start the day! Thanks so much!

This day sounds awesome and you've only just begun retelling it. I love the shirts you had to go along with the goal, too!

It was so much fun!! We're not huge matching shirt people (well, maybe that's a lie:laughing:) but we knew we really wanted one to commemorate this day, and we just loved how they turned out!

"You Guys Are Crazy!"
Day 2, Part 2: Friday December 14, 2018

We started down the walkway toward the Contemporary, but then we saw an AK bus at the stop at MK, so we turned around and ran to catch it. It was right around 9:45am when the bus was pulling out of MK.

It only took about ten minutes to get to AK, which was a nice surprise. We had definitely expected it to take longer than that.

As we made our way through bag check, we heard our first “You guys are crazy!” from the security guard when he saw our celebration buttons. Why yes, yes we are. :thumbsup2

Once we made it into the park, we headed straight for Dinosaur! We waited maybe 2 minutes before we went into the pre-show, but then we got held up on the other side. We were standing on the stairs, so we could see that none of the time rovers were moving at all, so we knew they were having some sort of problem. We only waited like ten minutes, though, and we were ahead of schedule, so it wasn’t a big deal. Our ride photo never did show up on our account, even after I emailed PhotoPass. I wasn’t really that surprised though, what with the technical difficulties and all.

There was a photographer in the little gift shop area, so we stopped for a picture. The lighting was super funky in this area, though.

enhance

When we walked outside, it had started to spit rain. We had been worried about the weather for this day (and therefore prepared) so a few sprinkles weren’t that big of a deal.

Our next stop was Triceratops Spin! It started to rain a little harder—really, just enough to get you wet and be annoying—so we did end up pulling our ponchos out. We waited maybe five minutes for Triceratops Spin, and then we were flying!

enhance

After our ride, we headed off towards Yak and Yeti for some lunch. Mom and I shared honey chicken,
enhance

and Dad got a teriyaki beef bowl.

enhance

We found a table that was partially wedged under a cover and sat down to eat. We all really enjoyed it, and it was nice to eat some real food after our sweet snacks in MK.

After lunch, we wandered through the Island Mercantile before stopping for a pictures with the Tree of Life!

enhance

enhance

Park #2!

enhance

It was 11:45am when we were walking out of AK, and we made one last stop for some pictures with the sign outside.

enhance

enhance

enhance

Park #2: CHECK!

enhance

Joining in for another one of your TR's and loving it. I can't wait to find out if you completed the challenge...

This is my first trip report of yours that I am reading but I love it so far!!
Four parks one day challenges are my favorite and you guys seem to have a good system!
Can't wait for more :lovestruc

Love the PP photos and your shirts are so cute!

I've never tried Yak and Yeti, but the food looks really good, so we might have to on our next trip!

Omg 4 Parks in One Day Challenge on Day One! That's wild. Looks like you were having a blast so far. Love the t-shirts.

So weird about half the park being closed during EMH. I don't remember that either, but I know they like to change it around on occasion, must've been what happened.

I'm curious how those three FPs are gonna factor into the timing aspect of the endeavor. Oooo, can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

You guys were doing great so far! Too funny that the security guard at AK called you guys crazy. To me, it sounds like a fun challenge!

Joining in for another one of your TR's and loving it. I can't wait to find out if you completed the challenge...

Aww, thank you so much!

This is my first trip report of yours that I am reading but I love it so far!!
Four parks one day challenges are my favorite and you guys seem to have a good system!
Can't wait for more :lovestruc

Thank you so much!!
We thought long and hard about how we wanted to approach the 4-in-1, and by the end of it we felt like our system worked really well!

Love the PP photos and your shirts are so cute!

I've never tried Yak and Yeti, but the food looks really good, so we might have to on our next trip!

Thank you!!
We've only ever eaten at the CS, but we really enjoyed it! It's nice to have some different options, for sure.

Omg 4 Parks in One Day Challenge on Day One! That's wild. Looks like you were having a blast so far. Love the t-shirts.

So weird about half the park being closed during EMH. I don't remember that either, but I know they like to change it around on occasion, must've been what happened.

I'm curious how those three FPs are gonna factor into the timing aspect of the endeavor. Oooo, can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

Maybe it was crazy, but we figured doing it on the first day was better than later in the trip, when we were all exhausted!:rotfl:

I guess that's all it was. It was weird, but thankfully it ended up not being a major problem.

You guys were doing great so far! Too funny that the security guard at AK called you guys crazy. To me, it sounds like a fun challenge!

I really wish we had kept a running count of how many people said that to us that day--it was A LOT!

Enjoying your report! I kind of wished I would have come upon it a little later...cause now I NEED MORE NOW!:teeth:

What no cousin this trip?

Is it sad that I knew EXACTLY what your mom was looking for when she made the comment about the peanut butter thing? :rolleyes1

Seriously, I can't wait to read more...especially looking forward to the rest of the 4 parks one day and how the title came to be...I am totally a breakfast person, so it really caught my attention.

Lynn

Great job so far!! Cannot wait to see how it unfolds!

Thanks so much!

Enjoying your report! I kind of wished I would have come upon it a little later...cause now I NEED MORE NOW!:teeth:

What no cousin this trip?

Is it sad that I knew EXACTLY what your mom was looking for when she made the comment about the peanut butter thing? :rolleyes1

Seriously, I can't wait to read more...especially looking forward to the rest of the 4 parks one day and how the title came to be...I am totally a breakfast person, so it really caught my attention.

Lynn

Aww, thank you!!

No, not this time! I'm sure she'll be back, though!!

Haha no, not at all! My mom would appreciate it LOL

Thank you so much!! The 4 parks in 1 day was amazing, and the title is....interesting, to say the least!

"You Guys Are Crazy!"
Day 2, Part 3: Friday December 14, 2018

We made our way down to the bus stops, and we only waited about ten minutes for a bus. Then, we were off to DHS! It was around 12:20 when we made it to the park. As we headed through bag check, the security guard asked us what number park we were on, and then promptly said “You guys are insane!”:rotfl:

We stopped for pictures on Hollywood Blvd as soon as we got into the park. The photographer also made a comment about our plans: “You guys know you’re insane, right?”:thumbsup2

enhance

enhance

enhance

Our next stop was Star Tours for our 12:30 FP+. We hadn’t been sure we’d be able to use this one, but we were actually ahead of schedule and ended up being able to. Mom decided to sit this one out, though, since Star Tours tends to make her motion sick. Dad and I hopped in line, and soon we were off in space! We got a different sequence this time than I had ever gotten before, and we even went to the Wookie planet! :chewy:

After Star Tours, Dad went to do single-rider for RNRC while Mom and I went to VotLM. When we got there, they told us that the shows had been cancelled for the afternoon due to technical difficulties. :sad: BUT they had a unique opportunity…to meet Prince Eric! :scared1: So, of course, we got in the practically non-existent line!

I'm really not sure why I'm standing so far away...awkward.:confused:
enhance

enhance

enhance

He thought my celebration button was a birthday button, so he started asking me about how many fireworks I wanted to celebrate my birthday. I just went with it, and it was so cool to get to meet one of the princes!:lovestruc

After the M&G, we met back up with Dad and tried to decide on a snack. We walked over to the ABC Commissary, but we decided that we would rather wait and eat in Epcot than eat something we didn’t really want.

Then, we were off to TSL for the FIRST TIME!

enhance

enhance

enhance

We walked around looking at everything for a few minutes. It was honestly so amazing, and I couldn’t wait to come back and explore more later in our trip.

We had a 2:10 FP+ for TSM, and we hopped in line as soon as the window opened. The ride was amazing, as usual, and I beat Mom and Dad!

enhance

Mom's score:
enhance

Dad's score and mine:
enhance

After our ride, we made our way toward the front of the park. Mom was checking the MDE app, and since VotLM was down, that FP changed to a Recovery FP. Since we had “used” all three, we were able to book a FP for the Seas with Nemo & Friends for later. Then, we made our way out of the park.

Park #3: CHECK!

enhance

Yay for 4 Parks 1 Day!!!!

Your matching shirts are TOO CUTE!!!

I've also never heard of only FanLand and T-Land for EMH? That's sad. I feel like more and more attractions are taken off the EMH list every year, it's so sad to see that happen.

Aren't those birthday scones so good????

I'm glad the Dinosaur technical difficulties weren't too bad!

PRINCE ERIC :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc I'm so jealous, I've always wanted to meet him! That's so much fun!

I'm so glad you liked TSL!!! It's so cute!

Things are going AMAZING so far for this 4P1D challenge, I can't wait to hear about Epcot!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter