The One with the Breakfast Feet - A December 2018 TR *New PTR Link 6/13

YOU MET ERIC?!?! Literally the only prince I've never met. I hope I catch VotLM down just so he can come out. I've also heard Max comes out on occasion, that would be even better. Men with fluffy dogs are so important.

I'm officially the worst person to ever play Buzz or TSMM or any of Disney's shooter rides based on those scores. Did you not get best in vehicle though?

Omg, this 4 parks 1 day is so exciting to watch. I'm excited to see how you finished it off at Epcot! :teeth:

This has been so much fun to follow along! I can't wait to read about you guys finishing up at Epcot. And it was still the early afternoon when you were done at DHS. That's awesome!

Oh man, is it terrible that I think having a meet and greet with Prince Eric is much cooler than watching VotLM? :rotfl: That's a pretty cool character meet, though! Glad they had something like that set up to make up for the show being unavailable.

Yay for 4 Parks 1 Day!!!!

Your matching shirts are TOO CUTE!!!

I've also never heard of only FanLand and T-Land for EMH? That's sad. I feel like more and more attractions are taken off the EMH list every year, it's so sad to see that happen.

Aren't those birthday scones so good????

I'm glad the Dinosaur technical difficulties weren't too bad!

PRINCE ERIC :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc I'm so jealous, I've always wanted to meet him! That's so much fun!

I'm so glad you liked TSL!!! It's so cute!

Things are going AMAZING so far for this 4P1D challenge, I can't wait to hear about Epcot!!

Aww thanks!! I really love how they turned out! :)

Yeah the whole EMH thing was really kind of odd, and I hope it's not an all the time thing. I understand not running some of the smaller rides during EMH, but only opening half the park seems kind of crazy. :confused3

I love pretty much anything birthday cake flavored, and that scone was seriously amazing.

I have always wanted to meet some of the princes, so I couldn't resist!! It was such a fun surprise!

YOU MET ERIC?!?! Literally the only prince I've never met. I hope I catch VotLM down just so he can come out. I've also heard Max comes out on occasion, that would be even better. Men with fluffy dogs are so important.

I'm officially the worst person to ever play Buzz or TSMM or any of Disney's shooter rides based on those scores. Did you not get best in vehicle though?

Omg, this 4 parks 1 day is so exciting to watch. I'm excited to see how you finished it off at Epcot! :teeth:

Before that day, I had only ever met Naveen, so I was super excited! Honestly, if Max had been there with him, I would have just melted into a puddle on the floor. :lovestruc

No, I didn't get best in vehicle this time--someone in the car got like 218,000 or something! :eek:

This has been so much fun to follow along! I can't wait to read about you guys finishing up at Epcot. And it was still the early afternoon when you were done at DHS. That's awesome!

Oh man, is it terrible that I think having a meet and greet with Prince Eric is much cooler than watching VotLM? :rotfl: That's a pretty cool character meet, though! Glad they had something like that set up to make up for the show being unavailable.

We were pretty impressed with ourselves!

Um, no, not terrible at all. I was definitely okay with it! :rotfl:

"You Guys Are Crazy!"
Day 2, Part 4: Friday December 14, 2018

When we got to the front, we asked a CM about the walkway to Epcot, but they weren’t sure because of the construction. So, we asked a security guard just outside the park. He and another CM told us that they were actually walking that direction, so we just followed them. The one CM told us that we had cut our trip by almost a mile by coming that day instead of the day before, because the walkway had just reopened that morning! :thumbsup2

However…it is still a LONG walk, and there aren’t a ton of signs telling you where to go. We walked all the way to the Boardwalk and then to the International Gateway. As we went through bag check, we got another “You guys are crazy!” from the security guards.:laughing:

We sat down on a bench just inside the park to look at the menus for the booths for the Festival of the Holidays. We ended up deciding to go to Italy, so we started off around the WS.

We made it to the Tuscany Holiday Kitchen booth and ordered two of the Mozzarella in Carozza
enhance

and one of the Cavatappi al ai Quattro Formaggi.
enhance

We all loved the Mozzarella in Carozza, but the pasta was a little dry. We actually ended up pouring the rest of the sauce from the sandwiches onto the pasta, and that helped a lot.

From Italy, we moved on to Germany. Mom and I stopped and got a peppermint sugar cookie to share.
enhance

It was super soft and really yummy!

As we continued around the WS, we got stopped because the bridges were up while they brought in the globe and things for Illuminations.

enhance

Once the bridge went back down, we walked to Mexico. Mom got empanadas,
enhance

and Dad got beef tacos.
enhance

They both said everything was really good!

From there, we made our way to Future World and used our Nemo FPs right around 4:45pm. We stopped for some PhotoPass pictures right outside after.

enhance

enhance

Then, we were off to Soarin’! The standby line was posted 35 minutes, but we only waited 15. :cool1: While we were waiting, we booked a FP for the Pixar Short Film Fest for 5:35pm. After Soarin’, we made our way over to the Short Film Fest. We really enjoyed the shorts, and it was a nice addition to the day.

We made our way up to Spaceship Earth to take pictures.

Park #4!
enhance

Then the photographer kicked me out of the pictures.
enhance

enhance

Then we wandered through Mouse Gears, and I got my AP magnet!

enhance

From there, we walked to Le Artisans de Glacier in France. I got a single scoop of chocolate,
enhance

and Mom and Dad each got a brioche sandwich with chocolate and caramel.
enhance

We ate our ice cream, and then made our way outside to sit down for a bit. When we sat down, I just happened to catch a glimpse of pink out of the corner of my eye just inside the lobby of Impressions de France. I leaned over to look, and it was Aurora! princess: There was quite literally no one in line, so of course I got in it!

Aurora was so incredibly sweet (even though I really can’t remember what we talked about…)

enhance

I think we were talking about her tiara (or maybe my ears?)...

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

We sat on a bench outside for a little bit, and then we decided to head inside for the 7:45pm Impressions de France, which was something we’d never done before.

After the show, we made our way to our fireworks spot down by the water.
This was our view:
enhance

While we were sitting there waiting for Illuminations, I glanced over, and Mom was…asleep. And I mean deeply asleep. :rotfl2:There was a girl a few people over from us who was screaming, and she still didn’t flinch. It wasn’t until a kid started banging on the fence and making it vibrate that she woke up. It was honestly hilarious (and not at all surprising with the day we’d had).

Soon, it was time for Illuminations!

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Seeing Illuminations was high on my list for this trip, since I knew that it was likely my last chance to see it before the new show started. It was beautiful, and I loved the special Christmas ending!

After the fireworks, we made our way to the front and out of the park.

Park #4: CHECK!

enhance

We made our way to the bus stop, and a bus got there right after we did! We got back to our room around 10:40 and...

enhance

Then we all started to get ready for bed. Dad got me some ice for my feet before he went down and got in the pool for a few minutes. We took showers, and I crashed right around 11:30.

Looking back on this day, we had SO much fun!! It was honestly not as hard as we expected it to be, but I think a lot of that had to do with how well we’d planned it. We also had great luck with transportation all day, so that was a huge help. This was one of my favorite days of the trip, and I’m so glad we did it!

Before we left on our trip, we compiled a "bucket list" of sorts, filled with food/rides/attractions/other experiences that we wanted to do/try on this trip. On the first two days, we checked a few things off of that list!

Days 1 & 2 Bucket List Items:
-See the gingerbread houses at the Grand & the Contemporary
-Four Parks in One Day
-Festival of the Holidays food booths
-Yak & Yeti

UP NEXT: A day in Epcot!

Sounds like y'all are having a blast. I'm hoping I can talk hubby int doing 4 parks in 1 day when we go in September.

What a way to end your 4 Parks in 1 Day! You definitely seemed to do the most at Epcot and how great you managed to catch the day that they had re-opened the International Gateway walkway.

All that food looks so good, especially those sandwiches in Italy and the Brioche sandwich. Makes me miss Epcot a little or just my stomach misses it lol

How nice you got to see Aurora with no wait. Also, I see she was wearing a flower in her hair! I wonder if that's a new holiday thing because I know I saw photos of Snow around this time with mistletoe leaves in her bow. That is PRESH, almost better than just the winter wear that they have them in on colder days.

Glad to see you got to see the Peace on Earth finale for IllumiNations, one of my favorites, the pyro is INSANE.

For a group that was so tired, you took some really cute photos as you left Epcot. Seems like it truly was a magical fun day! :thumbsup2

Your Epcot adventure sounded like a really great note to end your 4P1D challenge on!

It looks like that day went really smoothly, and you guys completed the challenge!!! How fun-- can't wait to read about your next day!!!

From there, we walked to Le Artisans de Glacier in France. I got a single scoop of chocolate,
enhance
That is a big scoop! Did your parents like the sandwiches? I want to try one, one day?

While we were sitting there waiting for Illuminations, I glanced over, and Mom was…asleep. And I mean deeply asleep. :rotfl2:There was a girl a few people over from us who was screaming, and she still didn’t flinch. It wasn’t until a kid started banging on the fence and making it vibrate that she woke up. It was honestly hilarious (and not at all surprising with the day we’d had).
Oh my goodness! And you didn't take a picture of it?

enhance

Then we all started to get ready for bed. Dad got me some ice for my feet before he went down and got in the pool for a few minutes. We took showers, and I crashed right around 11:30.
Love it!

Sounds like you had a great day and managed to do all 4 parks fairly easily!

What a great day ! I have done three parks but not four. New goal for my next trip . Oh , and I love your shirts.

Your day sounded awesome, and it was so much fun following along and reading about it! You guys made the 4 park challenge look easy, really showed that you gotta plan the day out beforehand.
And too funny that your mom fell asleep waiting for IllumiNations. The minute you guys stopped moving and sat down, the exhaustion hit!

I love the four parks in one day idea! I don't know if I would ever be able to convince my family to do it, but I would love to try it someday. It looks like a lot of fun, as long as you plan it right like you did. I had to laugh at all the "crazy" comments from the CMs. I guess we are all a bit crazy around here! :laughing:

Sounds like y'all are having a blast. I'm hoping I can talk hubby int doing 4 parks in 1 day when we go in September.

It was so much fun!! I would definitely recommend trying it at some point!!

What a way to end your 4 Parks in 1 Day! You definitely seemed to do the most at Epcot and how great you managed to catch the day that they had re-opened the International Gateway walkway.

All that food looks so good, especially those sandwiches in Italy and the Brioche sandwich. Makes me miss Epcot a little or just my stomach misses it lol

How nice you got to see Aurora with no wait. Also, I see she was wearing a flower in her hair! I wonder if that's a new holiday thing because I know I saw photos of Snow around this time with mistletoe leaves in her bow. That is PRESH, almost better than just the winter wear that they have them in on colder days.

Glad to see you got to see the Peace on Earth finale for IllumiNations, one of my favorites, the pyro is INSANE.

For a group that was so tired, you took some really cute photos as you left Epcot. Seems like it truly was a magical fun day! :thumbsup2

We definitely had more time in Epcot, but we had planned it that way. We wanted to make sure we had enough time to ride a couple things, eat, and stake out a spot for Illuminations, so I'm honestly pretty proud that we got as much in as we did.

It was an A+ food day for sure! I was very tempted to go back and get another sandwich in Italy later that night LOL

Illuminations is one of those things that I didn't appreciate until I was older, and now I'm kind of sad to see it go (though also excited for a new nighttime show!) That ending was seriously amazing though:lovestruc

Aww, thanks! It was an amazing day, and an amazing way to start the trip!

Your Epcot adventure sounded like a really great note to end your 4P1D challenge on!

It looks like that day went really smoothly, and you guys completed the challenge!!! How fun-- can't wait to read about your next day!!!

My mom and I considered this day (and really our whole trip) some of the best planning we've ever done! We were pretty pleased with ourselves, and it was seriously so much fun!

That is a big scoop! Did your parents like the sandwiches? I want to try one, one day?

It's SO much ice cream! Once, I made the mistake of getting two scoops and couldn't even come close to finishing it! My mom LOVES the brioche sandwiches. It's what she gets every time!

Oh my goodness! And you didn't take a picture of it?

I know, I know! I'm a bad TR-writer (also, I really cannot believe I didn't take a picture of it!)

Congrats!!!! There's no way I'd have the stamina for 4 parks in one day. You go, girl!!!

Haha it wasn't actually as bad as we had expected! I think it would have been a lot harder if we had waited until later in the trip, though.

What a great day ! I have done three parks but not four. New goal for my next trip . Oh , and I love your shirts.

You should definitely try it!!

Your day sounded awesome, and it was so much fun following along and reading about it! You guys made the 4 park challenge look easy, really showed that you gotta plan the day out beforehand.
And too funny that your mom fell asleep waiting for IllumiNations. The minute you guys stopped moving and sat down, the exhaustion hit!

It was so fun to go back and write about! That challenge definitely takes some serious planning, but the planning makes it totally doable!

I love the four parks in one day idea! I don't know if I would ever be able to convince my family to do it, but I would love to try it someday. It looks like a lot of fun, as long as you plan it right like you did. I had to laugh at all the "crazy" comments from the CMs. I guess we are all a bit crazy around here! :laughing:

You should definitely try to convince them! It was a lot of fun, and thinking of it like a challenge brought out our competitive natures a little bit. :laughing:

I love this report so far x

Thank you so much!

"Don't Use a Snack Credit on That!"
Day 3: Saturday December 15, 2018

Our Plans:
Spaceship Earth 11:15-12:15pm
Seas with Nemo & Friends 12:20-1:20pm
Coral Reef (Candlelight Dining Pckg) 1:35pm
Test Track 3:10-4:10pm
Candlelight Processional 5:00pm

This morning, our alarms went off at 6:45am. It was surprisingly easy to get up, despite the complete insanity of the day before. We got ready to go and were headed out of the room right at 8 – it was Epcot day!!

We only waited like five minutes for a bus (and we definitely used the bus feature on the MDE app from this point on). It was a little after 8:30 when we got through security and the touch-stiles to wait. We positioned ourselves on the right side of Spaceship Earth and waited for the rope to drop. They waited until 9:00am on the dot, and then we were off to Soarin! We walked straight on – a perfect start to the day!

enhance

After our flight around the world, we checked wait times and found that Frozen only had a 15 minute posted time. Since we didn’t have a FP+ for it, we made our way to Norway and hopped in line. I think we waited like 15 minutes exactly, which is not bad at all!

enhance

enhance

enhance

I love this ride, and I think it’s so cute, but I would never wait an hour for it.

By the time we came out of Frozen, it had started to rain. We decided to change our Spaceship Earth FPs from 11:15am to 10:35am and headed back up to the front to use them.

(And for some reason, I didn't take any pictures while we were there. :confused3)

When we came back outside, the rain had stopped. We were starting to get hungry, so we headed back to the WS in search of food. We ended up stopping at the Refreshment Port near Canada and ordered one beef brisket poutine (left) and one turkey poutine (right).

enhance

We had never tried poutine before (mostly because we thought it sounded weird) but holy moly batman…it was SO GOOD! The beef brisket poutine was everybody’s favorite, but Mom said the turkey one was also really good.

After we ate our snack, we wandered through Canada for a little bit.

enhance

Then we wandered around the UK and the Holiday Trading Post.

enhance

We headed to Mexico next and got in the non-existent line for the Gran Fiesta Tour.

(Okay I was apparently the world's worst picture taker this day--so sorry!)

At this point, we headed back to Future World and went into Club Cool for a bit.

From there, we got in line to meet Joy and Sadness!! This was something that I have really wanted to do for a while, so I was excited that their line wasn’t too long.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

They were honestly the cutest, and it was so fun to finally get to the meet them! From there, we walked over to the Seas to use our Nemo FP+.

My sorry attempt at pictures inside the ride:

enhance

enhance

enhance

Aren't they beautiful?:rotfl:

Omg, 15 minutes for FEA?! Wild. The last time I've seen something like that was the day I caught it right as it re-opened after being down all morning. And I agree, I could never wait in that hour wait. For Maelstrom... maybe. Frozen... no. (Yup, still bitter.)

I love your Joy and Sadness pics. You look like you're just old friends having a chat, adorable! They are easily the best M&G at Epcot imo

Poutine is so so good. I first tried it in Quebec, where it originated, and I'm so afraid to try it elsewhere because I doubt I'll like it. It's good to hear that it does taste good otherwise so I might be more willing to try some.

Omg, 15 minutes for FEA?! Wild. The last time I've seen something like that was the day I caught it right as it re-opened after being down all morning. And I agree, I could never wait in that hour wait. For Maelstrom... maybe. Frozen... no. (Yup, still bitter.)

I love your Joy and Sadness pics. You look like you're just old friends having a chat, adorable! They are easily the best M&G at Epcot imo

Poutine is so so good. I first tried it in Quebec, where it originated, and I'm so afraid to try it elsewhere because I doubt I'll like it. It's good to hear that it does taste good otherwise so I might be more willing to try some.

We were so surprised! Certainly not complaining, though. We think it was because there wasn't a MVMCP that night, so everyone went to MK that day.

That meet was one of my favorites! They are just the cutest.

Man, I can't believe you guys got up early after such an eventful previous day!

Love your shirt!

I was pretty impressed with us, but we're used to it. We can sleep when we get home!:laughing:

Thanks so much!

"Don't Use a Snack Credit on That!"
Day 3, Part 2: Saturday December 15, 2018

By this time, it was time to check in for our lunch ADR, so we headed around the corner to Coral Reef!
enhance

We had the Candlelight Processional Dining Package, and we had originally booked it for four people when we thought that my brother might come with us. When we checked in, we told the hostess that we only had three, and since the package isn’t pre-paid, it wasn’t an issue at all. :thumbsup2We didn’t wait very long to be seated. We were at a table on the top level-thing with a nice view!
enhance

With the dining package, we each got an appetizer, an entrée, and a dessert…and that’s even more food than it sounds like. Coral Reef makes dining with allergies really easy with their allergy menu.
enhance

It’s a lot of the same things that are on the regular menu, but some of the sides and things had been slightly modified to accommodate multiple allergies. Under each item, it told me exactly which ones I could and could not eat with my allergies, which was super helpful!

For our appetizers, I got a Caesar salad,
enhance

Mom got the spinach and ricotta ravioli,
enhance

and Dad got New England clam chowder.
enhance

It was all really good! Dad ate all of his chowder and the last little bit of Mom’s ravioli.popcorn::

Then, it was time for entrees! I got the 10 oz. sirloin,
enhance

Mom got the salmon (which she got with baby potatoes instead of rice),
enhance

and Dad got the whole lobster.
enhance

Holy. Moly. Batman. That steak was absolutely fantastic, and Dad ate every last bit of his lobster, plus the last little bit of my steak.popcorn::popcorn:: Mom really loved her salmon, too!

And, as if that wasn’t enough food, then it was time for dessert! Mom and I both got the Chocolate Wave,
enhance

and Dad got the turtle cheesecake.
enhance

The verdict? Everything was
DELICIOUS! I mean, seriously, one of the best meals. However…we were there for two hours. I’m not sure if that’s normal or not, but it’s definitely something to keep in mind if you’re thinking about booking an ADR at Coral Reef. The food is seriously fantastic though!

When we finally left the restaurant, we got a notification that our Test Track FP+ had been changed to a Recovery FP+. The sidewalks and things were wet, so we figured that it must have rained while we were at lunch. We checked, and Test Track was still down, so we headed back toward the WS. We wandered through Italy for a little bit and then headed towards America. The dining package line for the 5:30 Candlelight Processional stretched all the way from America, through Japan, and into Morocco, so we went ahead and got in it. I thought we still had a while before they would start letting people in, so I left Mom and Dad in line and walked toward the bathrooms in Morocco. I had just gotten in line when I got a text from Mom telling me that the line was moving quickly, and I needed to come back right then. She told me that Dad had stepped out of line, and she would go in and save us seats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter