The One with the Breakfast Feet - A December 2018 TR *New PTR Link 6/13

Coral Reef smells and looks super delish! That lobster and steak are calling me from Epcot. And the cheesecake. I needs to eats! So glad to hear you had such a great meal before the Candlelight Processional.

Excited to hear about your first Candlelight experience! I don't recall you mentioning who your guest narrator is so I'm excited to find out who that was too. :mickeyjum

I’m all caught up now, I love your 4 park challenge, looks like fun!

Joy and Sadness are such a fun meet. Great pictures.

Coral Reef smells and looks super delish! That lobster and steak are calling me from Epcot. And the cheesecake. I needs to eats! So glad to hear you had such a great meal before the Candlelight Processional.

Excited to hear about your first Candlelight experience! I don't recall you mentioning who your guest narrator is so I'm excited to find out who that was too. :mickeyjum

Coral Reef was absolutely incredible! 10/10 would recommend--as long as you don't mind spending two hours in a restaurant.

I’m all caught up now, I love your 4 park challenge, looks like fun!

Joy and Sadness are such a fun meet. Great pictures.

The 4-in-1 challenge was so fun! I would definitely recommend it if you're a WDW vet looking for something new to try. :)

I loved meeting them! Thanks!

Sounds like a great time in AK, despite the rain! I love the Yak & Yeti Quick service!

Getting to meet Prince Eric was such a nice treat!

You guys sampled a lot of snacks at the booths in Epcot, that's awesome!

Sounds like a great end to your 4 park day! Congrats on achieving it!

Your Epcot day went well so far! Love the pics with Joy & Sadness! And I'm glad you guys loved Coral Reef!

I'm caught up here again! At least for now. lol

Your meal at Coral Reef sounded amazing!! I'm so glad to hear that! We've been a few times (I've been probably 5 times in the last 8 years, and 3 of those were with Nathan.) Out of those 5, 2 were absolutely amazing, 2 were reasonably decent but didn't wow us, and 1 was pretty meh. But we have found the service and whole process of the meal to be really slow there when we've eaten there, so I'd guess it's probably pretty common to be there a long time like you guys were.

I can't believe you met Eric like that!! That's almost better than VoTLM anyway!

I am tempted to try Coral Reef some time. But there is just so many yummy choices in EPCOT!

It was really good, just slow. But there are definitely so many good choices in Epcot!

Sounds like a great time in AK, despite the rain! I love the Yak & Yeti Quick service!

Getting to meet Prince Eric was such a nice treat!

You guys sampled a lot of snacks at the booths in Epcot, that's awesome!

Sounds like a great end to your 4 park day! Congrats on achieving it!

Your Epcot day went well so far! Love the pics with Joy & Sadness! And I'm glad you guys loved Coral Reef!

It was a good morning, and it didn't rain nearly as much as we were prepared for--the forecast had called for thunderstorms all day!

Meeting Prince Eric was such a fun surprise and a new experience for us!

We were definitely glad that we had waited to eat in Epcot--the food was amazing!

Thanks! We were pretty proud of ourselves lol

Those pictures with Joy & Sadness are some of my favorites!

That's great to know about Coral reef!!!

The food was fantastic, but it would have been nice to know how long we would be there before we went.

Following! So far, it seems like a great trip!

Welcome! Thanks so much!

I'm caught up here again! At least for now. lol

Your meal at Coral Reef sounded amazing!! I'm so glad to hear that! We've been a few times (I've been probably 5 times in the last 8 years, and 3 of those were with Nathan.) Out of those 5, 2 were absolutely amazing, 2 were reasonably decent but didn't wow us, and 1 was pretty meh. But we have found the service and whole process of the meal to be really slow there when we've eaten there, so I'd guess it's probably pretty common to be there a long time like you guys were.

I can't believe you met Eric like that!! That's almost better than VoTLM anyway!

Yay! I totally relate to your crazy semester--I feel like I haven't had a moment to breathe since I got back to school!

It does make me feel a little bit better that the amount of time we spent there seems to be the norm. I think a lot of it has to do with the amount of time it takes to prepare the food (maybe?)

Hahaha I actually had that thought! We knew we were coming back to DHS another day, so we weren't devastated anyway.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us. We were there at some of the same days as you. We definitely noticed that all the table service restaurants took longer than in the past. But for the most part, we were ok with that. We had felt kinda rushed in the past. It was nice to have a bit longer of a break. But I think I would plan less table services next time. Some days we had 2. But there are just some many restaurants that we like!

Joining in..what a fun trip...there was 10 in my family..so didn’t get to do a lot of the stuff I had planned. Had to manage a big group..

Joining in!

Sounds like a great trip so far! I definitely want to try the 4 parks 1 in one day challenge at some point. Seems like such a fun thing to do!

Your CP dining package at Coral Reef looked delicious!!

Thanks for sharing your trip with us. We were there at some of the same days as you. We definitely noticed that all the table service restaurants took longer than in the past. But for the most part, we were ok with that. We had felt kinda rushed in the past. It was nice to have a bit longer of a break. But I think I would plan less table services next time. Some days we had 2. But there are just some many restaurants that we like!

Welcome!! Coral Reef was the only place we had that experience. We normally limit the number of TS anyway, but especially this trip since we knew the crowds would be higher than normal. It's so hard to choose, though!

Joining in..what a fun trip...there was 10 in my family..so didn’t get to do a lot of the stuff I had planned. Had to manage a big group..

Hi there! We've had a similar experience in the past--in 2012, we had a group of 13!!

Loving following along. Thanks for sharing!!

So happy to have you!

Joining in!

Sounds like a great trip so far! I definitely want to try the 4 parks 1 in one day challenge at some point. Seems like such a fun thing to do!

Your CP dining package at Coral Reef looked delicious!!

Hi there!!

It was honestly so fun, and a great way to try something new if you're a WDW vet!

That food was seriously incredible!

"Don't Use a Snack Credit on That!"
Day 3, Part 3: Saturday December 15, 2018

So, I hurried back toward the line and met back up with Dad. We got back in the line and quickly made our way inside. Mom had gotten seats on the far right side on the front row of the second section.

enhance

Before we knew it, the show was starting! Our celebrity narrator was Gary Sinise, and he was fantastic!

enhance

enhance

The whole thing was honestly amazing, and I’m so glad we got to go! Gary Sinise has a great voice for narrating, and you could tell it really meant a lot to him to be there.

We made our way out of the amphitheater, and after a quick bathroom stop, we were off to Test Track! We used our recovery FP+ and got in line a few minutes before 6:30.

Our car:

IMG_0494.JPG

We ended up with a score of 201, and I think the highest of the day was 231.

enhance

We wandered through the shop, and stopped at the photobooth on the way out.

enhance

When we came out of Test Track, we checked the wait times and saw that Soarin’ was posted at 35 minutes, so we made our way to The Land. On the way, Mom stopped at a cart to get a cinnamon sugar cronut that she put in her bag to eat later.

enhance

We got in line for Soarin’, and I don’t think we waited 35 minutes. We were so happy to get one more ride in!

After our flight, we were starting to get kind of hungry. We looked at Sunshine Seasons but nothing really sounded all that good to any of us. I decided I wanted a frozen blue raspberry slushy, so we headed over to Club Cool. Mom stayed outside to talk to our family back home while Dad and I went in to get my slushy. When I told the girl I wanted to use a snack credit, she said “Don’t use a snack credit on that!” and gave me the slushy for free! It was so nice and an unexpected sprinkling of pixie dust. :tink:

We made our way to the front of the park and stopped for some pictures with Spaceship Earth.

enhance

enhance

A bus got to our stop right after we did, which was SO nice! We rode around to the stop closest to our building, so that we could change shoes and grab our mugs before heading back to the main building. Mom and I refilled our mugs, and Dad got a tuna wrap from the grab & go fridge. I walked through the gift shop for a few minutes before we headed back to our room for the night.

Mom and I finished decorating our window while Dad ate his wrap.

enhance

Mom also called about getting us some new towels (since we had opted out of mousekeeping, we had to specifically ask). She forgot to ask when they were going to bring them until after she had already piled everything we had on the floor. We called back to find out when they were coming and were told they would bring them that night, but nobody ever came (which I didn’t know until the next morning because I fell asleep).:confused3

So glad to hear you enjoyed the Candlelight Processional! I'm not the hugest fan, even if I saw it easily the most popular narrator, Mr. Neil Patrick Harris, not my thing. But I'm glad it was worth it for you and that Gary Sinise is still employed.

Ugh cronut, we stan.

Yay for a free slushie! You timed it just right for that magical moment hehe

Awww, I love your window. So so cute. The festiveness of your family, I love it! :goodvibes

Ugh, that's annoying about the towels. Hope you got them early enough the next day.

We really loved The Christmas Processional, we saw it in 2017.

I miss Gary Sinse in the Mission to Mars, he doesn’t do the intro for the green side any more :worried:

Love your shirts!

Glad you enjoyed the Candlelight Processional; it's a pretty unique event Disney puts on for the holidays.

Mmm, a blue raspberry slushie, those are so good! And even better the CM was feeling generous and gave it to you for free!

What a fun night! I bet seeing Gary Sinise as narrator was a cool experience.

So nice of the CM to give you the slushy for free! Love moments like that!

Your room window came out awesome!! So festive!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!