The One with the Breakfast Feet - A December 2018 TR *New PTR Link 6/13

I was so happy when we got a FOP FP opening weekend, I'm glad you finally got to ride it and enjoyed it! I feel like the first time is always a but disorienting but I feel like after you know what to expect that doesn't happen as much!

Nice safari pics, I like that you caught the lions looking so lazy!

Glad you enjoyed FoP!!

Thanks! They were definitely unconcerned by all the people staring at them!:laughing:

It was so fun!

I was so happy when we got a FOP FP opening weekend, I'm glad you finally got to ride it and enjoyed it! I feel like the first time is always a but disorienting but I feel like after you know what to expect that doesn't happen as much!

I definitely think it wouldn't be as disorienting if you knew what to expect, but I really just had no idea what I was walking into! I am really glad that we didn't wait in a four-hour line for it in 2017, though, because my aunt would have absolutely hated it!

"I Probably Should Have Left the Biscuits in the Other Can"
Day 7, Part 3: Wednesday December 19, 2018

FotLK is probably my favorite thing in all of AK. It’s one of the things I remember from my early trips as a kid, and it never gets old!

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

After the show, Dad got a spiked dole whip with dark rum that he said was really good.

enhance

Mom got an ice cream cookie sandwich, but she said the cookies were hard, so it was kind of disappointing and hard to eat.

enhance

While they were getting their snacks, I walked over to a pin cart and ended up buying a pirate medallion pin that I absolutely love. pirate:

After Mom and Dad had finished their snacks, Dad went to get in the single rider line for Everest, and we stopped for some pictures along the way.

enhance

This photographer was really funny and had a great time with us!

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Then, Dad went off to EE, and Mom and I walked to Discovery Island so Mom could get an island punch.

enhance

Then we walked back over to Asia so I could get a frozen lemonade slushy. Once we had our drinks, Mom and I decided to go ahead and get in the FP line for Rivers of Light. They let us in just as Dad got done on EE, so we saved him a seat when we got inside.

enhance

While we were sitting and waiting for the show, it started to rain a little bit. It wasn’t raining hard, but it was enough to just be annoying and make us cold.

Day 7, Part 4: Wednesday December 19, 2018

Before long, RoL was starting!

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

I know a lot of people don’t love this show, but I actually really enjoy it. I’m also super excited for the reboot that’s coming soon!

After RoL, we went over to Dinosaur and basically walked on.

enhance

After our trip through time, we walked over to Pandora so Dad could see it at night before heading back to the front of the park. It was still raining some, so there weren’t any PP photographers out and we had to make do with a selfie.

enhance

We decided to go to the Poly for dinner, so we hopped on a bus and were soon on our way! When we got into the lobby, there was a photographer in front of the little fountain thing, so we stopped to take our picture.

enhance

enhance

Then, Stitch came out and started meeting! There was seriously no one in the lobby, so I walked right over and got my picture taken with Stitch in his cute little tropical shirt.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

I'm just in complete awe of how much you guys were able to get done this week!

YAAASSS ADA! COME THRU WITH THE HAIR TIES!!

Aaaaand now I have serious FOMO for not ordering that gingerbread martini when I had the chance. What a good looking drink!!

Oh, no! I'm so sorry to hear you didn't feel good!

It sounds like Slinky Dog helped you feel better, though!

I am SHOOK at that Fant sweatshirt!!! SO cute!!

OMG, GIRL? AN ALLERGIC REACTION AT FANT????????? No way. I would have FREAKED OUT!!! I'm glad the Benadryl helped and you were able to enjoy your fav show!!

I have to give a slow clap for this day... you faced stomach sickness, an allergic reaction, and Christmas crowds and you STILL did the dang thing. You go, girl. I wish I could be HALF the Disney Park touring champion you and your folks are.

Finding Nemo is my fav stage show and I'm glad you gave it some love!!

Great safari pics!!! tag yourself I'm the lion sleeping with the paw dangling from the rock

YAY I'm so glad you loved FoP!!!

What an amazing day at DAK!

OMG STITCH AT THE POLY!!!! How fun!!!

Sounds like a great rest of the day at AK!

Aww how lucky that Stitch came out to meet, the pics are so cute!!

It was such a fun day, and it wasn't over yet!

That meet was one of my favorite moments, mostly because it was such a surprise!

I'm just in complete awe of how much you guys were able to get done this week!

YAAASSS ADA! COME THRU WITH THE HAIR TIES!!

Aaaaand now I have serious FOMO for not ordering that gingerbread martini when I had the chance. What a good looking drink!!

Oh, no! I'm so sorry to hear you didn't feel good!

It sounds like Slinky Dog helped you feel better, though!

I am SHOOK at that Fant sweatshirt!!! SO cute!!

OMG, GIRL? AN ALLERGIC REACTION AT FANT????????? No way. I would have FREAKED OUT!!! I'm glad the Benadryl helped and you were able to enjoy your fav show!!

I have to give a slow clap for this day... you faced stomach sickness, an allergic reaction, and Christmas crowds and you STILL did the dang thing. You go, girl. I wish I could be HALF the Disney Park touring champion you and your folks are.

Finding Nemo is my fav stage show and I'm glad you gave it some love!!

Great safari pics!!! tag yourself I'm the lion sleeping with the paw dangling from the rock

YAY I'm so glad you loved FoP!!!

What an amazing day at DAK!

OMG STITCH AT THE POLY!!!! How fun!!!

After the trip, my mom and I both said that it was definitely a planning feat! We had really prepared for the worst when it came to the crowds, but they honestly weren't as bad as I had anticipated. (They were bad, but not just TERRIBLE like I had expected.)

Ada is just the best!
200w.webp

It was definitely rough there for a while, but Slinky Dog was the BEST medicine!!

I have been wearing that sweatshirt basically nonstop the last couple days. I just love it! :lovestruc

I definitely did freak out! I tried really hard to think about anything else because I knew me panicking would not help anything!

This day...I just have to laugh when I think back on it. There were just so many things I wanted to do that day, and I knew I wouldn't have another chance! Nothing was going to get in my way that day--as much as I maybe questioned my sanity at different points throughout the day:rotfl:

I love Nemo! I walked around singing "Big Blue World" for the rest of the day. :laughing:

SAME girl!:rotfl2:

I loved FoP, and Stitch at the Poly was one of the best little pixie dust moments!!:stitch2:

Day 7, Part 5: Wednesday December 19, 2018

Then, we headed upstairs to Kona Island. Now, this was something that I didn’t know existed until this trip. It’s a walk-up bar essentially, but it also has the same food that they serve in Kona Café.
Mom decided to get sticky wings
enhance

and the Lapu Lapu.
enhance

Dad got a large sushi sampler
enhance

and a Back Scratcher (that came with an actual back scratcher!:rotfl:).
enhance

I also got sticky wings. While we were eating, we decided that we wanted to go to EMH at MK, but since we would get to the park before closing, we went ahead and booked FPs for the Barnstormer at 10:25. :thumbsup2
Once we had finished eating, Mom stopped to change her shoes, and then we hopped on the monorail and were off to Magic Kingdom! We got into the park just in time to see OUAT, so we stopped over near the Plaza to watch.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Day 7, Part 6: Wednesday December 19, 2018

After Once Upon a Time, Dad and I decided that we wanted to ride the Mad Tea Party since the wait was really short.

enhance

enhance

Then, we hopped in the standby line for Under the Sea.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Mom’s feet were starting to hurt pretty bad, even though she had changed her shoes earlier. She said: “I probably should have left the biscuits in the other can.”

:rotfl::rotfl:

After Under the Sea, it was time for our Barnstormer FPs. It is really quite amusing to watch my dad (who is 6’1”) try to fold himself into those little tiny cars, but he did it anyway! Then, since the park was about to close, we rushed over to Storybook Treats so I could get one of my bucket list items: a Peter Pan float!

enhance

It was soooo yummy!

After I ate my ice cream, we headed over to Pirates and basically walked on.

enhance

Our next stop was BTMRR. The standby was posted 30 minutes, but we really only waited about 15. It’s my favorite ride anyway, but I love doing it in the dark!

From there, we walked all the way to Tomorrowland to ride Space Mountain. It had a posted wait time of 50 minutes, but we were counting on an inflated wait time. We were right (thankfully) and ended up only waiting about 20 minutes.

enhance

By this time, it was nearly 1:00am, which was when EMH ended. 7DMT had a 45 minute posted wait time, and we knew we wouldn’t see it shorter than that, so we decided to get in line. We actually waited about 30 minutes, but it was a very loonnggg 30 minutes. We definitely underestimated how tired we were before we got in that line. But we loved the ride, as always, and it was a great way to end the night.

enhance

enhance

After 7DMT, we made our way to the castle. Magic Kingdom is just so pretty at night!

enhance

This ended up being one of my favorite pictures from this trip!

enhance

I think Mom took this artsy one.

enhance

We started making our way down Main Street, taking a few more pictures along the way.

enhance

enhance

enhance

We made our way out of the park and to the bus stop. A CSR bus got there not long after we did, and we were leaving MK just after 1:40am. When we got back to the room, we crashed hard. :faint:

But not before we heard the warnings about severe weather coming our way…:eek:

That is so fun that you got to meet Stitch in his Hawaiian shirt! I feel like those unexpected finds are always the best!

Your dinner at Kona looks really good! That used to be one of our go to places but got chopped once we started trying new food! I think we need to go back soon!

You got a lot done in those couple of hours at MK! I agree, I love that picture of you with Main Street! The reflection on your ears looks so cool! And your Mom's pic is awesome too!

Sounds like a yummy dinner at Kona!

That pic of you and your dad in the teacup is the absolute cutest!

I had to laugh at your Pirates ride photo- your face!! :rotfl:

SDMT is a perfect way to the end the night! Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun during EMH! Love all the pics as you left the park.

I'm caught back up again! I missed so much! (I took notes with some of the yummiest looking snacks and drinks you guys tried so we can look for them this summer!)

That is so fun that you got to meet Stitch in his Hawaiian shirt! I feel like those unexpected finds are always the best!

Your dinner at Kona looks really good! That used to be one of our go to places but got chopped once we started trying new food! I think we need to go back soon!

You got a lot done in those couple of hours at MK! I agree, I love that picture of you with Main Street! The reflection on your ears looks so cool! And your Mom's pic is awesome too!

It was such a fun surprise, and I love how those pictures turned out!

The sticky wings are one mine and my mom's Disney favorites!

Thanks so much!! :D

Sounds like a yummy dinner at Kona!

That pic of you and your dad in the teacup is the absolute cutest!

I had to laugh at your Pirates ride photo- your face!! :rotfl:

SDMT is a perfect way to the end the night! Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun during EMH! Love all the pics as you left the park.

We love Kona, and it was a fun spur of the moment thing!

Aww thank you!

I didn't even notice my face until I went to post it--I have no idea what I was looking at! :rotfl2:

We were definitely glad that we went, despite the fact that we were exhausted by the end of the night! :faint:

I'm caught back up again! I missed so much! (I took notes with some of the yummiest looking snacks and drinks you guys tried so we can look for them this summer!)

Yay! :cool1: We ate SO many yummy things on this trip!!

The One with the Tornado
Day 8: Thursday December 20, 2018

Our Plans:
Jungle Cruise 11:50-12:50pm
Be Our Guest 1:30pm
Space 3:55-4:55pm
BTMRR 5:05-6:00pm

The night before, we had heard that there were some pretty severe storms coming in early in the morning. When we went to bed, Mom said she would get up and check the weather in the morning, and see what we needed to do. When she got up around 7:00am or so, the weatherman was naming WDW and MK specifically in the areas of tornado warnings.

giphy.webp

So, she went back to bed and set an alarm for a couple hours later. I woke up around 9:30am, and she was watching the weather again. We were still in the tornado warnings, so we just kept watching the weather until the tornado warnings had passed us. Since the weather was so bad, we figured that people had been canceling their ADRs and FPs. We were able to change our ADR & FP for BTMRR to earlier times. :thumbsup2 We also switched our Jungle Cruise FP to one for Buzz since we had done the Jingle Cruise earlier in the trip.

We all got ready to go, and it was a little before 11:00am when we were getting on a bus to MK. When we got to the park, there were definitely more people than we had expected, but there was still hardly anyone there. :banana: We made our way to Tomorrowland and managed to find a photographer hiding out under the awnings near Stitch’s Great Escape.

enhance

We wandered over to Buzz and walked on. I was really bad about taking pictures this day, so I'm not sure what anyone's scores were. :confused3

enhance

enhance

When we got off, it was time for our Buzz FPs, so we turned around and got right back on.

enhance

enhance

After Buzz, we decided to get on the People Mover. Then, we went back to Buzz for the third time this morning.:laughing:

enhance

enhance

We made our way over to Fantasyland, but it was starting to thunder and lightning, so we took cover in Sir Mickey’s. We wandered through the store for a little bit before making a break for it across Fantasyland to Be Our Guest.

200.webp

We checked in for our ADR and went to get in line. Since we had so many credits left, we ordered wayyyy too much food.
Dad got a French dip sandwich
enhance

and a strawberry cupcake.
enhance

I got a French dip sandwich and a master’s cupcake.
enhance

Mom got a ham sandwich,
enhance

potato leek soup,
enhance

and a triple chocolate cupcake.
enhance

We also ordered an extra French dip sandwich because we knew Dad would probably still be hungry.:rotfl: Everything was super yummy, and it was a nice lunch to have on our last park day. While we were sitting and eating, we were able to change our Space FPs from 3:55 to 1:15. :thumbsup2

The One with the Tornado
Day 8, Part 2: Thursday December 20, 2018

When we finished eating, it had STOPPED RAINING, :cool1: and we started walking toward Tomorrowland to use our Space FPs.

enhance

After we used our FPs, we hopped back in the standby line. It was posted at 20 minutes, but we really only waited about 10 minutes.

enhance

Then we walked across the park to Frontierland and walked on to BTMRR. Then, we used our FPs for our last ride of the trip. :sad:

After the ride, we walked through Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe before making our way back to the castle. I got Mom to take some pictures of me with my spirit jersey.

enhance

Then, we went stopped for PhotoPass in the Hub and on Main Street.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

We stopped in the Confectionery, and I got a chocolate dipped Mickey rice krispy treat with a snack credit.

As we made our way out of the park, I saw that Tink only had a 10 minute wait time. Since I hadn’t gotten to meet her yet on this trip, and we didn’t have anywhere to be, we hopped in line. We really didn’t wait at all before I got to meet my favorite fairy!

enhance

enhance

Tink decided that I must be a half-water and half-tinker fairy because of the color of my shirt. :D

enhance

enhance

enhance

Behind the 'gram:upsidedow

enhance

On the way out, I bought a long sleeve Mickey and Walt shirt in the gift shop. :lovestruc

enhance

When we walked back outside, we saw that Mickey had a short line, so we hopped in it for one last M&G with the main mouse himself.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Then, we made our way out of the park and to the bus stop. :sad:I may have cried just a little. Unfortunately, there was a bus pulling away as we walked out to the stop. A few minutes later, another bus came to CSR’s stop to drop people off, but it didn’t pick us up! :confused3

A bus finally came, and we left MK right around 4:30pm.

enhance

When we got back to the room, we started getting our stuff together and packing up. Mom decided that she would rather go home with clean clothes, so she went down to the laundry room and washed everything.

What wild weather you had! But it sounds like a fun last day nonetheless. I love that you got lots of rides on Buzz cuz I'm a big fan!

You all look very prepared for the weather in your ponchos!!

It's great that you were able to change around your FPs so easily and that the wait times were so short!

Lunch looks like it was great!

Cute pics in front of the castle and with Tink & Mickey :)

Always sad leaving MK but it sounds like it was a good day!

Sounds like a great last park day! Even with the storms! I feel like MK is a great park to go to in the rain since there are a lot of indoor attractions!

What a great evening in MK. I love all your lantern pics.

Aww thank you! :)

What wild weather you had! But it sounds like a fun last day nonetheless. I love that you got lots of rides on Buzz cuz I'm a big fan!

It was definitely very interesting, but we still had a lot of fun!!

You all look very prepared for the weather in your ponchos!!

It's great that you were able to change around your FPs so easily and that the wait times were so short!

Lunch looks like it was great!

Cute pics in front of the castle and with Tink & Mickey :)

Always sad leaving MK but it sounds like it was a good day!

We were definitely thankful for those longer ponchos on this day!

I was kind of surprised at how easily we were able to move things around, but I guess other people just weren't willing to risk getting out in the weather.

I love lunch at Be Our Guest!!

Thank you! I was really happy with how they turned out. :)

We were so sad, but it had turned out to be a great last day!

Sounds like a great last park day! Even with the storms! I feel like MK is a great park to go to in the rain since there are a lot of indoor attractions!

I definitely think it would not have been as doable if there weren't so many indoor attractions. And once the rain stopped, it was even better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter