The other kind of addonitis...

Duckfan-in-Chicago

DIS Veteran
So, originally we were going to go down to the BWVs for about 9 days in Oct. It has now stretched out to I believe 17 days at last count. I just yesterday figured if we leave right after I got off of work to start driving, we could actually get in a day earlier at the BCV, and then check in the the BWV very early to see if we can get an early room. It makes absolutely no difference in my life if we don't get a room until after 4pm, but you have to have these little stories worked out in your head to defeat the logic part. Yesterday I was able to add on the night of Oct. 28th at the BCV. They had 2br, 1br and studios available at the time, which kind of surprised me. I figure at this rate I'll be there in no time...work a day, add a day. Anybody else have 'issues'.

lol Duck...

We are thinking about starting a 12 step program here on the DVC part of the DIS and I think we will save you a seat!

I thought you were going to say you all were expecting. lol That was the only other kind of "add-on-itis" I could think of! :rotfl:

That said - it sounds like a FANTASTIC trip you have planned there. :wizard:

Laura

I am hopeless!

Our trips get longer and longer!! I see you haven't made it to "abandon driving and fly and then you can pick up an extra day on each side" :rotfl2:
That's the stage Im in.

Let me know what time the meeting is, I'll be there!

Without DVC, we would never consider adding weeks onto our trips vice days. I love that we have that flexibility! We added 13 nights at SSR onto our 12 night stay at BCV in June, so we ended up staying a month! (went to Tampa for the weekend in between). We would have never even considered it pre-DVC. Probably something we will not have the opportunity to do again until we retire but priceless to do that with our little ones :wizard:

lllovell said:
I thought you were going to say you all were expecting. lol That was the only other kind of "add-on-itis" I could think of! :rotfl:

That said - it sounds like a FANTASTIC trip you have planned there. :wizard:

Laura

:earseek: :earseek:

Lots of babies around here lately! Maybe I need a vacination against that kind of "add-on-itis!"

Love my kids but I'm done. They are at a perfect age. Too bad I can't freeze time for a little while. They are still young and need me but not totally dependent on me every waking moment. Looking forward to years of vacations with the girls without lugging around all that baby gear.

Anyways, your comment hit home because I had a little "scare" where all I could think of was "but I just gave away ALL my baby clothes and gear after holding on to them for 3 extra years!!!!" :faint:

As for Duckfan, count me in on having your kind of "addonitis." What started out as a 8 night trip in October has turned into a 12 night trip with DH leaving early (not enough vacation days) and me and the kids staying longer.

SleepyatDVC said:
.....with DH leaving early (not enough vacation days) and me and the kids staying longer.

:teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

First trip to WDW, for us, was 12 days in 2002...
18 days in 2004...
19 days in 2005...
22 days in 2006...and I actually had the gumption to say to DH, in the planning stages:
"Well, you could head home, and I could stay at BCV with the kids for the rest of the week, and *then* fly home...";)

He was less than impressed :earboy2:

:sunny:

Our trip this summer was our longest yet, 18 days. I thought that would probably be the max but I am catching myself planning next years trip and it has at times benn as long as 23 days. I wish we could stay that long but it isn't very likely at this point.

Lori

See, we're having the addonitis of children mentioned in the early posts. Well, we've already paid for DVC, surely child 2 & 3 wouldn'g be that much trouble, since DD #1 knows how to "do" Disney...(are we nuts? Yes, we're 40-41!!!!)

I have been battling that for my October trip. I was also contemplating taking a red eye out to Orlando just so I can get an extra 10 hours there. Sadly, Song's red eye flight from LAX to Orlando was cancelled and doesn't begin flying again until a couple of days after my trip starts. Woe is me...

lllovell said:
Well we're concidering an add on in that department. Maybe we'll have to crunch the numbers, but it would force us to commit to a lot of weekend stays at the house. We're prob. going to start trying again around the time of this trip.

LIFERBABE said:
I see you haven't made it to "abandon driving and fly and then you can pick up an extra day on each side" :rotfl2:
Actually this is my first time driving down there in I would guess ten trips at least. We're really slowing down the pace with my son, so we're driving down in my parent's RV.

Sorry if a bit different question, but Duck, you drive from Chicago?

I've never even thought about it, but it sounds intriguing. How long does it take you to drive down from the Chicagoland area?

Duckfan-in-Chicago said:
Well we're concidering an add on in that department. Maybe we'll have to crunch the numbers, but it would force us to commit to a lot of weekend stays at the house. We're prob. going to start trying again around the time of this trip.

Woohoo - a souvenir!!! :goodvibes (makes me think of that WDW commercial with the little girl that tells everyone that her little brother is a souvenir from their Disney trip lol)

iankh said:
Sorry if a bit different question, but Duck, you drive from Chicago?

I've never even thought about it, but it sounds intriguing. How long does it take you to drive down from the Chicagoland area?
Back when I was single, and there were no women or children in the car which greatly limited the bathroom stops, I drove there straight in one day in about 19 hours to Tampa.

This is how we're going to do it this trip. We'll go to Mt. Vernon, Il. the first night, after work. That's about 280 miles. Then the next day we'll drive about 500, which will take us to the Georgia/Florida boarder. The third day we'll be in WDW before noon. It's one bad day of driving, really.

But doesn't your kind of addonits lead to the other kind of addonitis? ;)

lllovell said:
Woohoo - a souvenir!!! :goodvibes (makes me think of that WDW commercial with the little girl that tells everyone that her little brother is a souvenir from their Disney trip lol)

I love that commercial!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter