the path from ft wilderness to wilderness lodge

There's a path? Where is this path located? That would be a fun hike over.

I know we have taken this path as a sleigh ride years ago but in the dark I couldn't tell you where it is. I'm interested, too! LOL!

It's a nice wide paved path that runs next to the road that goes between Wilderness Lodge and the Horse Barn/Pioneer Hall end of the Fort. At a mile in length, it is about a 20-30 minute walk depending on your pace. It leaves the Fort just past the bus turnaround at the Settlement Depot (Trails End bus stop). Just walk about 20 yards on the road toward Wilderness Lodge and the trail starts on your left.

It's a nice place to see deer in the early morning. And I love the spanish moss.

Bama Ed

PS - and golf carts are not permitted on it.

It's a nice wide paved path that runs next to the road that goes between Wilderness Lodge and the Horse Barn/Pioneer Hall end of the Fort. At a mile in length, it is about a 20-30 minute walk depending on your pace. It leaves the Fort just past the bus turnaround at the Settlement Depot (Trails End bus stop). Just walk about 20 yards on the road toward Wilderness Lodge and the trail starts on your left.

It's a nice place to see deer in the early morning. And I love the spanish moss.

Bama Ed

PS - and golf carts are not permitted on it.

Thanks for this!

You ride this path when you rent the surrey bikes at WL. Its not well traveled, we never saw another person on it. Its a fun ride. Plus its Florida so its pretty level.

We walk over to Wilderness Lodge a couple of times every trip to get a Mickey waffle! You'll occasionally encounter a jogger, a bike rider, or the Segway tour. It's a very nice, peaceful walk and something that we really enjoy!

My daughter and I walked it one very warm morning from WL to Fort Wilderness. If you don't want to walk back, don't forget you could take the boat back!

I was looking for the path last time I was there. Wasn't sure if the sign for "Disney Vehicles Only" meant that pedestrians weren't allowed either.

Granddaughter and I walked it, and while it was nice, we made the mistake of going mid day. and we did take the boat back

On our first trip to the Fort we never went over there but we would like to this time. This is the second time I have heard about someone going over for breakfast.. Do they have a good restaurant we should try? Do we need to make a reservation?

We've walked it before, but for some reason never thought to take our bikes on it. We're going to add that to out to-do list for this trip! Great idea!

On our first trip to the Fort we never went over there but we would like to this time. This is the second time I have heard about someone going over for breakfast.. Do they have a good restaurant we should try? Do we need to make a reservation?

We've gone to the Whispering Canyon Cafe for breakfast a few times and love it. Very laid back and fun! We always made reservations, but our party is usually 13+. It's usually pretty quiet there during the weekdays so I don't think you'd need one...

You can also pick up the trail from across the Wilderness Lodge bus road from the corrals where they do the pony rides over by the horse barn. There is a big shed/shelter open on 3 sides where they shoe the horses. The trail crosses the bus road (painted white stripes) and hits the other side near the shed. This is if you don't want to walk from the Settlement bus stop for Pioneer Hall/TE/boat dock for the brief distance I mentioned above.

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter