The Plaza for milkshakes only?

mastermind307

DIS Veteran
Would it be ok to book the Plaza and only order milkshakes, and maybe the loaded fries?

On our MK day, we have pirates league booked at 11:00 and a BOG dinner at 4:00. We probably won't eat lunch until 12:00 or after. And since we have an early dinner booked, we won't want a lot. So I thought maybe just ordering shakes and fries would hold us over until our dinner ADR.

You can do that at the ice cream counter service rather than making an ADR. At least just for the shakes. I think you would have to have an ADR for seating for the fries. Personally I would probably just do a QS instead.

Yes, it is perfectly fine to order the food and beverages you would like at a restaurant.

The Plaza provides a nice bit of peace, quiet and air conditioning on busy MK days. It only offers ADRs for certain times during the day and is walk up for the rest of the time. When we were there ADRs were offered 11-12. A while back it was 2-4. No clue what the time is these days.

We have gone their just for some ice cream sandwiches (and fries my daughter is a little weird).

I found an ADR at 12:55 and I booked it. The menu there actually looks more appealing to me than BOG, so I might go ahead and eat there. Then at BOG I'll just get something light while DD eats. She wants to eat at BOG to meet the Beast and this will be our last opportunity to do so before BOG dinner becomes a fixed price meal.

According to my plans, we'll have a couple hours of free time. I was thinking either the Plaza for a relaxing break, or go to one of the monorail resorts for a CS lunch and a break.

I'm wanting to try the Fried Green Tomato Sandwich @ the Plaza any reviews? thanks sambuster

I'm wanting to try the Fried Green Tomato Sandwich @ the Plaza any reviews? thanks sambuster
Love it. My go to lunch at the MK. Tomato is fried fresh and hot. Delicious aioli served with the sandwich. One month today I’ll be eating it!

I found an ADR at 12:55 and I booked it. The menu there actually looks more appealing to me than BOG, so I might go ahead and eat there. Then at BOG I'll just get something light while DD eats. She wants to eat at BOG to meet the Beast and this will be our last opportunity to do so before BOG dinner becomes a fixed price meal.

According to my plans, we'll have a couple hours of free time. I was thinking either the Plaza for a relaxing break, or go to one of the monorail resorts for a CS lunch and a break.

I had mussels and a glass of wine at BoG while my son had a kid meal. The kid meal was a great value for him! About to review it tonight in my dining review linked below but I think we were out of there for around $40 with tip? It worked out great.

We did lunch at LTT at 11am and then a 4:30 BoG, 1pm - 4pm is pretty close, you will have about 2 hours from end of meal to beginning of next one so I'd count on one being VERY light.

You can do that at the ice cream counter service rather than making an ADR. At least just for the shakes. I think you would have to have an ADR for seating for the fries. Personally I would probably just do a QS instead.
But you can cross the street and get fries at Casey's!

When is your trip? You know at the end of July BOG menu is set to change and it will become a prix fixe price per person 3 course meal. The plaza is really great and BOG is really beautiful so that is a hard choice. The old menu at BOG sounds so much better than the new one to me. I don’t think I’ll be going after the menu change.

When is your trip? You know at the end of July BOG menu is set to change and it will become a prix fixe price per person 3 course meal. The plaza is really great and BOG is really beautiful so that is a hard choice. The old menu at BOG sounds so much better than the new one to me. I don’t think I’ll be going after the menu change.

We’re going at the end of May. I have an ADR at BOG on May 30. The main reason I have decided to keep it, is because it will be our last opportunity to eat there before it becomes a fixed price meal and it’s currently the only way to meet the Beast. The menu for the fixed priced menu doesn’t appeal to me, and neither does the price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter