The Plaza

disny_luvr

DIS Veteran
We've never eaten here before but are thinking of trying it on our trip next year. We aren’t big breakfast eaters so we’ll eat here for either lunch or dinner. What’s everyone like to eat here? How’s the meatloaf?

We have eaten here before and it was pretty decent. We were booked to return in a couple of weeks, but the menu has changed recently and so we cancelled it today. I'd keep that in mind as you read reviews.

The Plaza is fine. The food isn't gourmet but it's a step up from QS but not quite regular table service. DH had the meatloaf and he said it was very good. Their signature is fried chicken.
i got a bacon cheeseburger. All just fine. It's small in there and it can be a bit noisy but it is air conditioned and pleasant.

OP here. Thank you guys for your thoughts. We are looking for some different sit down options that won’t break the bank. I’m over paying $200+ for character dining for four adults. I don’t hear about this restaurant a lot, but like the prices and appreciate that it’s in the air conditioning considering we travel in the summer.

Any other thoughts are appreciated.

I like The Plaza especially for a nice lunch. The place is very small but it's a nice little spot to grab a bite to eat and get into the AC for a bit especially in the afternoon when depending on what time you go it gets very hot outside. I also find the Plaza to be among one of the best places for having a variety of different items on the menu so there will be something for everyone here. Also their prices are reasonable compared to some other table service restaurants in the MK.

We like the Plaza during dinner.

It's mostly comfort style food although the menu was recently refreshed and some items rotated off and others came on (the Reuben is gone).

But last time there I had the meatloaf and it was excellent (as far as meatloaf goes). The chef came out to talk to the table next to us about some dietary restrictions a guest had and as he left, I asked him how he made the meatloaf.

Chef Ken went into great detail but bottom line is he uses 75% very lean ground beef and 25% ground pork. I tried that when I got home and it makes a difference.

The Plaza is the most affordable sit-down table service restaurant, it's in a central location, and has good food. It is not big inside but we eat there not every MK day but maybe every other (we will be there for dinner next month).

Try it. :thumbsup2

Bama Ed

The Plaza is a great place for lunch. The prices aren't much higher than quick service, but you can enjoy much better food in a more relaxed atmosphere.

We are big fans! We eat there often - the meatloaf is good! Actually, just about everything we've had is good.

I will gladly pay a few extra bucks to eat here over counter service; food is better and I don't have to scout out a table.

I love the tuna sandwich on a croissant. Its a nice light meal that leaves room for ice cream!! I love eating at places that I dont leave needing a nap. When I have miles of walking to do after the meal, I dont want anything too heavy or hot. The Plaza is great for lunch on a hot day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter