The Port Report: Frumpin Around the World with the Bathrobe Princesses :) COMPLETE

Awww... over already! Well, it was a great time for you all and I really enjoyed reading your TR... I've probably said this a billion times already, but whatever :D Now to the benefits of the DP, the extra snack credits you have. We went crazy with those at the end of my first trip we had so many. I don't think we even used them all. And that's so nice of those people to give you some Pizzafari. Any way to get Disney food And 22 degrees coming back... I feel your pain, that's how cold it was when I got back from my most recent trip. Can't wait to read your final thoughts!

I know :( I wish it could have been a longer trip! It was so fun!
I'm glad you read along so loyally! Thanks for being here!
I LOVE having extra snack credits. I always miss it when I don't have DDP.
That Pizzafari was such a nice surprise and was a great end to the trip!
And ouch.. 22 degrees is like a terrible thought right now. It was no fun at all :(

Awww the last day is always so sad, but yay for all the yummy snack credits you got to spend.

Lol about Kristen and the guy in the french bakery, I love the world showcase CM's.

Too funny about the food at the airport, and yay for getting some last minute disney food.

How exciting that your mom liked the idea of a disney cruise, my parent's are going on one in January and I am so jealous lol.

Can't wait for your last post

I know :( And yes, food always makes any situation better.
Haha she LOVED Alexandre. I think she met a cute one at the Yorkshire County Fish Shop last year. haha those WS CM's are great.
Ah I'm jealous of your parents too! I need to go on one of those!!

So sad that the trip is over :( You gotta love hardcore Dis fans that bring a whole pizza through security haha. I've heard of some crazy things but that was a first for me! I'm sure Orlando security just loves what they see on a daily basis haha.

I also love the French Bakery

I am sad too :( Haha I know, they really must see a lot of interesting things being taken on these planes!
And me too! I need to go back there again because the only thing I ever got from there was a croissant. And there are just a plethora of options waiting for me. :cloud9:

Ugh, I hate arriving back into snow. It's so depressing...

You're telling me. I wanted to cry. :sad1:

Oh no, such sad faces! That's exactly how I look when it's time for me to leave!

I am totally with you, I could not justify paying for Club level. Having DVC definitely makes a huge difference.

I feel like I can't smile in any of those last day/leaving pictures because I'm just so sad!
And I completely agree. Even looking at the moderate hotel prices without DVC makes me cringe.

I hate when trips end, It really is super depressing! I hate when you go through the welcome gates and see the front side of them after you pass through them.

I agree :( I always want to ask the bus driver to pull over so I can run back to Disney World.

Oh our cooking fail....by the end of the night we were both just laughing/crying hysterically. We were completely delirious.

I get nightmares just thinking about that disaster. :lmao:

I think we were finding yeast in the most random places for weeks after that day. :rotfl2:

Ughhh I hate yeast!!! LOL

The cheesecake and the custard part of the school bread turned out great though! We were just completely drained and had no energy left to finish. LOL.

We probably could have made the school bread... but I think the better option at that point was just giving up. haha

Those brownie cupcakes probably would have tasted good though.

I agree. But I just didn't even want to look at them after that.

At the end of the day, all you really need is some bagel bites and it's all good. :thumbsup2

They probably tasted so good because they weren't sweet. They were just... pizza. YUM.

AND OH NOOOOO!!!!!!! It can't be the end of this most beautiful of all the TR's in the history of TR's. :scared1:

I may cry...:sad2: :sad1:

Me Too :(

Oh my French boy. :love: He was soo cute, Princess Caitlin would appreciate him. :thumbsup2

Haha oh yes, she totally would!

And my Sacristan was actually really delicious! It was a new thing for me, obviously. It could have been the food of the day if it weren't for the fact that I didn't eat it until the next morning at breakfast. :upsidedow

Aww darn. But it was a good thing to save for breakfast so we didn't cry the next morning.. realizing there was no more Disney food any more.

Look at our little sad faces...I really feel so sad right now! I need to go read a happier update to cheer me up! At least we got free Pizzafari at the airport! :wizard:

That really made the situation a lot better. Thank God for that random family.

I hate when recipes don't turn out the way you expect! Especially when you want to take them somewhere. I am still impressed that you even tried to make the cupcakes and the schoolbread!

What a cute story about the Alexandre making Kristen try to pronounce the French word. I also would have said "can I have one of...those things"!

You all look so sad on the way home. Leaving is definitely the worst.

That was so nice of that family to share their pizza with you at the airport.:goodvibes Sounds like you had a good flight home, even if you did have to go home to 22 degrees!

Me too! It was an experience. And ya know... we were curious to see if we could make them. So it was bound to happen sooner or later. Now we know to just go to Disney.
Haha I agree. I only remember the same of it because it sounds like Kristen's name. It's like Sa-Kristen! (with a french accent. LOL)
We were SO sad. I hate leaving!!
And yes, that was so generous! And we got home safely. So I guess that's the bright side. But wahh. Disney :(

Oh no on it being time to go :sad2:

Love all the snacks you got and yay on having a tiny bit of pixie dust at the airport with being offered Disney food!

Hope you get to go on a cruise one day :)

I know :(
It was a pretty good last day though even though we had to leave.
And I hope so too! I really want to! And I want to go to Disneyland! And stay at the beach club. Ahh.. One day.

Great last day...On a very happy note-- no snow currently for the end of your TR!!

We pick up food before boarding Magical Express to take to the airport. There, we sit outside of the Disney store and eat our meal before going through security or if it isn't time to eat, we take it on the plane - obviously not drinks, though...it accomplishes two things. First, we use our cs credits and second, we ease out of the Disney magic!

That is true!! It was a pretty sunny day out today! Hooray for that!
Isn't that a good idea? Kristen is gonna pick up Earl of Sandwich before she leaves on her next trip... so that'll be a nice way to end! Even though it is a sad moment in time.

I can't believe it's over. :sad1:
You definitely had such a good trip &thankfully we still have your family TR to read!

Vick was sitting next to a guy who seemed a little sketch on the plane. It made her nervous because he didn't talk and didn't have any luggage. Weird. But the lady sitting next to Mom said that she thinks he speaks Spanish. He ended up being harmless, thank God!

I thought harmless said homeless at first - I was very confused for a minute. :laughing:

Loved reading your TR Jess, can't wait to hear your wrap-up.

Aww I'm so sad your trip is over. I loved reading your TR. Haha my sister always gets sketchy people sitting next to her too, she's always like "why me" lol.

*makes mental note to check out (the boys working at) the French bakery*

Bringing Pizzafari to the airport? That's a strange choice. You'd think they would've gone for something that came wrapped. How did they pack their pizzas up? :confused3 At least they had leftovers for you guys. LOL.

Ugh, coming home to snow and cold would be absolutely awful. I don't think I'd be able to function after that. I'd just climb into my bed and hibernate for a few months until winter is over. Although, in Ohio, winter is never truly over. :sad2:

I can't believe this TR is already over. It's been so enjoyable! I wish it never had to end!!!! WAHHHHHHHH! :sad1::sad1::sad1:

also i bet you felt depressed when you heard the pilot say it was 22 degrees. I hate coming from a trip and hearing how cold it is. on my last trip it snowed a fair amount while we were gone (not snowmaggeon levels but it was a few inches) so it was really depressing to come back to that. i feel like the cold temperatures are worse when you come back from a warm place.

Just a newbie here but I had to chime in. Arghhhh this has been such a great trip report! You guys must have had the best time! You are all such a crack up and I love the deer face :eek: Hope you guys have loads more adventures (and document them all) :goodvibes

I can't believe it's over. :sad1:
You definitely had such a good trip &thankfully we still have your family TR to read!

I thought harmless said homeless at first - I was very confused for a minute. :laughing:

Loved reading your TR Jess, can't wait to hear your wrap-up.

Me either :( Yes, thank goodness!
And hahaha Kristen was over when you posted this and she read it outloud to be and we both laughed out loud. A LOT. :rotfl: That would just be a funny sentence.
Thank you!

Aww I'm so sad your trip is over. I loved reading your TR. Haha my sister always gets sketchy people sitting next to her too, she's always like "why me" lol.

Me too :( And oh my Gosh that's terrible haha. But seriously. I hate when there's sketchy people on airplanes. I freak out.

*makes mental note to check out (the boys working at) the French bakery*

Bringing Pizzafari to the airport? That's a strange choice. You'd think they would've gone for something that came wrapped. How did they pack their pizzas up? :confused3 At least they had leftovers for you guys. LOL.

Ugh, coming home to snow and cold would be absolutely awful. I don't think I'd be able to function after that. I'd just climb into my bed and hibernate for a few months until winter is over. Although, in Ohio, winter is never truly over. :sad2:

I can't believe this TR is already over. It's been so enjoyable! I wish it never had to end!!!! WAHHHHHHHH! :sad1::sad1::sad1:

Hahaha good note to make ;)
And yes, well, if you ask I guess pizzafari puts aluminum foil on top of your pizza plates so you can take it to go! So that works out nicely.
And oh, I agree. And I had to go to school the next day! That was no fun at all. I don't even remember that day haha. I like to block it out of my memory. And oh, we know the never ending winter feel. Seriously. It never seems to be over until June. At least.
And I am sad too :( But I am so so glad you enjoyed it! You will have many more to read between Kristen and my future TR's though, so never fear! And you will have a little TR of your own to start sharing soon! :banana: YAY

also i bet you felt depressed when you heard the pilot say it was 22 degrees. I hate coming from a trip and hearing how cold it is. on my last trip it snowed a fair amount while we were gone (not snowmaggeon levels but it was a few inches) so it was really depressing to come back to that. i feel like the cold temperatures are worse when you come back from a warm place.

Oh yes, I definitely did. I hate that. I would just rather not know and just crawl into bed haha. Isn't that the worst? I agree.

Just a newbie here but I had to chime in. Arghhhh this has been such a great trip report! You guys must have had the best time! You are all such a crack up and I love the deer face :eek: Hope you guys have loads more adventures (and document them all) :goodvibes

Well I'm so glad you caught us before the TR was over! I am so glad you liked it! And haha yay the deer face is fantastic! And I hope we have more adventures to document too! We love sharing them with you guys!

You all look so sad, going home. It sounded like such a fun trip, I'm sad to see it end, too.

We were :( It's very sad, indeed.

I absolutely HATE last day's :( I can still remember my last day of my last trip. I stayed at Port Orleans and me and mother had spent the day at the Magic Kingdom and then we stopped at Downtown Disney for lunch at Earl of Sandwich. We went into Goofy's Candy Company and I made my own marshmallow's on a straw. We went back to the hotel and sat on the bench out front. As soon as I saw our luggage I got really depressed. I was so beyond sad that I started sobbing on the bench. My mom immeadiatly knew what was wrong and just gave me a huge hug because we both knew that I wouldn't be back for a while. As we boarded our bus I had my mom record the video playing and I layed my head on her shoulder and she held me. I am so sad! I wasn't okay until two days later. Even now, i'm still sad about it but it's only because I honestly have no idea when I will be able to go again because my family won't pay for another trip so it's on me........sorry to make you sad :(

Chapter 32 – Graduation/Wrap Up
Graduation - June 13th, 2011
And Today - June 30th, 2011

To wrap up this fantastically frumpy trip report, let us remember that our vacation was, in fact, taken in honor of my Graduation, which occurred a few weeks ago on June 13th, 2011.

dsc0367e.jpg

The ceremony was really nice. We had mass and then we all got our diplomas! Woohoo!

dsc0374on.jpg

We went out for dinner after the ceremony. I invited my family, good friends, and favorite teachers, and we had a nice room all to ourselves!

Kristen, Me and Nat

dsc0412j.jpg

And of course Vickie was there, too!

dsc0479fr.jpg

Pictured below is our Freshman Year Global Teacher, Mr. Sam. (who I very briefly mentioned at the beginning of the TR) He was one of the reasons I went to my school.

I actually started going to a different (public) high school and didn’t like it. So I randomly visited my current (well... ex-current) school to check it out, and while I was on a tour, I looked in his room, and there was a life-size Tinkerbell drawn on his chalkboard! Anything Disney related has to be a good sign, and a good sign it was! I decided to go there based on that and other reasons, and those ended up literally the best 4 years of my life! I don’t regret that impulsive decision one bit!

Mr. Sam really loves Disney almost as much Kristen and me, and he really understands “Disney Magic.” I was so glad that he was able to come to my dinner! Notice the Tinkerbell Pin on his shirt!

dsc0409su.jpg

Actually, at our last concert, Me, Kristen, and Mr. Sam performed together. And you all would appreciate this – we sang Hakuna Matata! I was Simba, Kristen was Timon, and Mr. Sam was Pumbaa.

Here’s the youtube link if you would like to watch our performance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugS11btGYAc

Anyways, back to Graduation. Here’s my beautiful cake! Another Princess Cake, of course! I put on a picture of Me, (I’m a princess, right?) and Jasmine, Ariel, and Belle!

dsc0410z.jpg

All in all it was a great night and I really loved being all together with everyone to celebrate my graduation!

Kristen won't be graduating for 2 more years, but I'm sure I'll be there for her on her big night, too!

dsc0470p.jpg

The Bathrobe Princesses were together again!

dsc0437n.jpg

Now, as for the final thoughts…..

Where the heck do I even begin?

The trip that I just described to you was the trip of a lifetime! I honestly dreamed my whole life about going on a trip to Disney with my best friends, and this was all I imagined and much, much more!

The memories we made on this trip are literally going to last a lifetime.

In memory of our trip, let’s go over

My Top 10 Favorite Frumpy Moments.

Shall we?

NUMBER 10 – Kristen’s Obsession with School Bread and the Monorail

10as.jpg

10bri.jpg

The reaction this girl gives when she is presented with Schoolbread or the Monorail is absolutely priceless. It is a display of pure joy, and I hope it never changes. Everyone should go to Disney with someone who gets that excited over food and transportation.

NUMBER 9 – Running into the Child at Toon Park

51364656.jpg

“I’M A CHILD!!” Next time I get caught up in the moment of being a child on a playground, I really need to make sure that I am aware of my surroundings and not stampeding over other children. This moment still makes me laugh to this day, especially every time I watch it on video.

NUMBER 8 – Kristen Meeting Her Hick Boy on Rock N Roller Coaster

91913833.jpg

The whole set up of this moment was just perfect – Us spotting a cute boy in line, none of us getting to sit with him, and then things work out so Kristen’s seat gets shuffled and she’s next to him for the whole ride. And of course, he’s from Kansas. Frump.

NUMBER 7 – Vickie Being Put in the Corner at 50’s

67957907.jpg

NO TEXTING AT THE TABLE! Our experience at 50’s Prime Time Café was excellent, and the whole shenanigan of Vickie being put in the corner was just hilarious. I think we laughed nonstop the whole meal! Although Vick probably will always be leery to set foot in that restaurant from now on, I’m sure we will remember that lunch forever!

NUMBER 6 – Staying at the YaCHt Club!

73608716.jpg

Of course, the Frumps end up at one of the classiest resorts at Walt Disney World! Don’t be deceived by our frumpiness, we actually LOVED every second of it! We felt so fancy and elegant and extremely grateful that we got the opportunity to stay there – let alone Club Level Style! The YaCHt Club is now my favorite resort!

NUMBER 5 – Extra Magic Hours

12859756.jpg

I loved when Kristen and I stayed out until ridiculous hours of the night at the parks! My favorite moments were just sitting in Adventureland with our Dole Whip and in Main Street Bakery with our Chocolate Croissant just reminiscing and planning our trip!

NUMBER 4 – So It’s Called the Dolphin… But It’s Really The Fish!

28328418.jpg

They really should just change the name of that Hotel (or the Fish Statue!) because it will just confuse the heck out of me for as long as I live! Haha another frumpy and hilarious Extra Magic Hour moment. I loved this one in particular because it was our first night, I love the walk from Epcot to the Yacht Club, and we were completely delirious. So funny!

NUMBER 3 – Vick’s Reaction to a Surprise Princess Breakfast

73758406.jpg

If you ever want to see an 18 year old act like a 3 year old, bring Vickie to a Princess Breakfast. It’s the cutest reaction you’ll ever see! We made her so happy, and that part of the movie is probably my favorite! So precious!

NUMBER 2 – The Book of Faces?!

32060841.jpg

Snow White was probably the Princess of the trip, not only because she’s Vick’s favorite and Kristen looks like her, but this interaction right at the beginning set the tone for a great experience! Vickie and Snow White’s conversation about Facebook (the book of faces) will always remain one of my top character moments for years to come!

AND THE NUMBER 1 FAVORITE FRUMPY MOMENT WAS…..

The Bathrobe Princesses Night!

22744900.jpg

This memory will always stick out most to me from this trip. It was such a spontaneous little performance, and it, in no way, shape or form, could have ever been planned. It just happened. And it created one of the greatest stories that we will forever remember.

And, of course, all of our culinary experiences were quite unforgettable. Especially Kristen’s food of the day. RECAP:

Day 1 – Schoolbread – Kringla Og Kafe

food1n.jpg

Day 2 – Coconut Shrimp – Rainforest Café

food2.jpg

Day 3 – Passion Fruit Tart – Crystal Palace

food3r.jpg

Day 4 – Fried Chicken – 50’s Prime Time Café

food4.jpg

Day 5 – Strawberry Soup – 1900 Park Fare

food5.jpg

Day 6 – Potato Casserole – Akershus (not pictured)

And Red Bean Ice Cream – Lotus Blossom Café (also available at Nine Dragons)

food6n.jpg

We hope you enjoyed all of our laughs, crazy antics, frumpy moments, and Deer Faces throughout the course of this trip report. We are really sad to have to end it, but if we had it our way, we would still be in Disney together to this day!

Hopefully the Bathrobe Princesses will be able to take over Disney World again someday! Just look for trip report titles with the word “Frump” in them, and there is a good chance that it’s us with a fresh new story.

I wanted to thank all of our loyal readers – you guys are AWESOME! You kept me motivated to keep writing. I was always excited to share our stories and couldn’t wait for all of your adorable comments! Everyone who has been reading along truly made the experience extremely enjoyable!

As many of you know, I currently have another trip report going... She's Looking at Food Pictures Again!" ★ A February Family Vacation! If you haven't already, I'd love if you would join me over there!

And, I don’t know if you knew this, but GOOD NEWS – I haven’t even started my trip report from my April vacation yet! So once this one is wrapped up, that one will be beginning! I’ll post the link here once it’s up and running.

Do you want even MORE good news? Kristen is going to Disney over the summer.... TWICE! So that means 2 trip reports written by the frump, herself. And a bonus – Vickie and her boyfriend Dan are going to be in Disney during the August trip, so I’m sure they will be making lots of guest appearances!

And ALSO (this just keeps getting better and better)…. I’m going to Disney for Christmas! So that’s ANOTHER trip report to look forward to! WOOHOO!

Woo. Alright. So, if you all would like, we can post our most current trip report links in this thread because, after all, this is where it all began! If you enjoyed reading about this vacation, hopefully you will like our future trips and stories as well.

Well, now it really is time to wrap it up. I just wanted to thank you all again for reading and supporting us! We loved having you along for the journey, and I will truly miss writing about this trip! Feel free to watch our youtube videos or reread our story anytime, because I know I will!

We hope to see you following along on our new Trip Reports!

But as for now….

“Now it’s time to say goodbye, to all our company.
M-I-C… See ya real soon!
K-E-Y… Why? Because we like you!
M-O-U-S-E!”

Yes, it’s cliché, but it had to be done.

Thank you for being here today, and hope to see you all real soon!

I absolutely HATE last day's :( I can still remember my last day of my last trip. I stayed at Port Orleans and me and mother had spent the day at the Magic Kingdom and then we stopped at Downtown Disney for lunch at Earl of Sandwich. We went into Goofy's Candy Company and I made my own marshmallow's on a straw. We went back to the hotel and sat on the bench out front. As soon as I saw our luggage I got really depressed. I was so beyond sad that I started sobbing on the bench. My mom immeadiatly knew what was wrong and just gave me a huge hug because we both knew that I wouldn't be back for a while. As we boarded our bus I had my mom record the video playing and I layed my head on her shoulder and she held me. I am so sad! I wasn't okay until two days later. Even now, i'm still sad about it but it's only because I honestly have no idea when I will be able to go again because my family won't pay for another trip so it's on me........sorry to make you sad :(

That is like the saddest story I've ever heard :( I would cry if I knew I couldn't go back too! :( Aww well.. thank goodness you have a ticker! Even if it's a solo trip, I'm sure you'll have a great time just being there!

Yeah :banana: for one of the best TR's ever. You girls have such great disney spunk and you have such wonderful writing skills. My whole family enjoyed following along on this TR and looked forward to each new update.

Thanks for taking us along the ride with you.

Well Done! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the great trip report:thumbsup2 It sounds like you girls really had a great trip. I loved reading along!

Your graduation looks lovely! Congratulations!!!

Great wrap up! You should turn your top ten into a photo book (I bet the other princesses would love a copy too!)

I am hesitant to share bc it will ruin one of the mysteries for you...but I listened to a podcast- Lou Mongello / wdw radio all about the building of the Swan and Dolphin. It explains the dolphin. The podcast debunked the myths about the Swan and Dolphin begin placed on the wrong building too. If you are interested, here is the link:

Podcast about building the Swan and Dolphin

See you in other TRs!

The graduation looked very nice and that's so cool, you have a Disney obsessed teacher and you sang Hakuna Matata with him. I watched the video, very cute! :-) I have a DisFreak teacher at my school, she was actually there on my first Trip, which was pretty cool. It was funny how she reacted when I came back with my 2011 Disney shirt after my second trip Hahahaha I wish you well on your future endeavors in college, work or wherever you may go :thumbsup2

I'm so sad this TR is over :( ---> :sad1: This may probably be the best TR I've ever had the pleasure of reading. The fun, the happiness, the magic was so present throughout the whole TR. And I loved watching the videos after reading, so cool. I think, based off the videos, my favorite moment to read and watch was Vick's experience at 50's. LOL I was laughing so hard through that. I think I might just have to book that place for my next trip. :teeth:

I can't wait to read your other TRs (and maybe the Frump's as well)! :mickeyjum Like, you will remember this trip, I think I will remember this TR. Hope to read more soon! :thumbsup2

What a great ending to your TR! :thumbsup2 Have loved reading along and sad to see it come to an end. Loved the top 10 moments - look forward to reading your other TRs :goodvibes

:( that this TR is over :( but YAY for more TR's!!!!!! Also loved the graduation and recap update. I bet it feels weird to have graduated, i remember for mine feeling super weird about graduating. It does get less weird very quickly though. Great Idea to recap favorite moments and kristen's Food Of the Day moments. I forgot as the trip progress which foods were her fav of the day.

Real Life Update #5 - Cooking Fail
May 20th, 2011

dsc0161aj.jpg

Continued in Next Post

I like seeing the JennAir double oven range in the background!!! I am an engineer for the company that manufactures those. Actually I work in the lab that developed and tested them. I hope you are enjoying it!! Side note, I know, but interesting I hope nonetheless! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!