"The Price Is Right" gameshow- Has anybody gone to it??

RalphMouth

<font color=teal>Obviously freaky things always ca
we have 'tickets' to go see "The Price Is Right" when we visit SoCal in two weeks.

Having 'tickets' doesn't guarantee entrance to the show as they oversell admission. The info I have says that CBS starts taking priority numbers at 8:00 a.m. -

Has anybody been through this process ?
Are there huge lines at 8:00 a.m. ?
Once you get a priority number, what's next ? Can you take a tour of CBS ?
Can you go away & come back at a certain time ??

Are there any tricks or secrets to the process ??

I've heard that this part of town isn't the best. Is this true?

What's the best way to get here from DL ??

I had a friend that wanted to go once. We found out some interesting information.
People start lining up between 4:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m.. You can get there early and be at the back of a big line and not get into any shows. You can be at the front of the line and an unplanned tour group will show up and get to go in front of you and you won't get in until later in the day or not at all. Many people said they were so tired by the time the show started they didn't enjoy it. Many people said they had no problem getting in and it was a blast. You end up taking your chances.

I went in Oct 1998 on a Monday when they tape 2 shows. 1:15p and 4:30p. We arrived about 7:30 and we wound up dead center of the audience on the back row, which is really about the middle, because they have a platform behind our row to occassionally showcase prizes for bid.

At some point we received name tags and did a quick interview with the staff. Then we were free to go to lunch or the gift shop but had to be back at a certain time. There is a farmers market which many people went to next door. We were on CBS property the whole time so we had no problem with the neighborhood. There was a lot of waiting but we were excited.

With your tickets they will provide directions which were easy to follow. You can also get directions on CBS's website I think.

Have fun and win!!!!

My sister and mom went 2 years ago, They said it was a long day (started @4:30am) but they had a blast!! Were not contestants though :sad2: but it was an experience of a lifetime. Have fun & hope you win

DW and I went during our July 2001 trip. We had a great time but it was something that I had always wanted to do since a wee little tyke. As a previous poster mentioned, it was a day when there were two tapings and we had tickets to the second taping of the day. We got to the studio at about 6:00 a.m. There was already quite a line of people. The first folks in line were some college students who camped out overnight. Once they started giving out numbers (around 7:30 a.m.), you were free to go until another designated time to come back. A number did not guarantee that you would get in for the taping but you could get a good sense of the probability based on your number at that time. DW and I left CBS Television City and went out to Burbank for the Warner Bros Studio Tour before having to be back for the interviewing process before the second show taping in the late afternoon. I did not find that it was an extremely bad part of town. Plus, there was security on the lot. We started our trip doing the typical Hollywood tourtist attractions before heading to DL for the middle part of our trip. We had a rental car to get from point A to point B but were staying in the Hollywood area the day we went to TPiR. We still have our videotape from the show's airing. We caught quite a few of our specially designed bright yellow t-shirts proclaiming on the front "Celebrating Two Years of Marriage with Amy/Kevin" and on the back "But a Lifetime of Pricing Games with Bob." No call to "come on down" but well worth the time to be a part of this legendary game show.

Kevin

well..........since you did ask, yes I was on the show years ago. I was the second person called to come on down! I bid on and won an AMF minifish sailboat to get on stage, then I won a Pontiac Sunbird. :)

I was the second person called to come on down! I bid on and won an AMF minifish sailboat to get on stage, then I won a Pontiac Sunbird

That is so awesome! Congratulations!
J

thanks! It was a lot of fun. this was in the early 80's, and Bob Barker had so much make-up on even then he was literally orange in person, I honestly wondered if after i kissed his cheek if I would be stained ! But he was a very nice and charming man.

RalphMouth said:
we have 'tickets' to go see "The Price Is Right" when we visit SoCal in two weeks.

Where did you get the tickets from. Did you write the show or is it a website that you got them from?

djm99 said:
Where did you get the tickets from. Did you write the show or is it a website that you got them from?

go to CBS.com
once there look at the daytime tv area & click "Price Is Right"
lots of info there-
my wife maile self adressed envelopes well in advance with her request
we got them back with tickets roughly 3 weeks before the day we will be going to the show-

having tickets doesn't guarantee you entry-
we expect we will be getting up at 3 a.m - 4 a.m. from our hotel
in Newport Beach in order to get there by 6 a.m. to get priority numbers by 8 a.m.-

RalphMouth said:
I've heard that this part of town isn't the best. Is this true?
I can't imagine where you heard this. The Fairfax area is a wonderful community, and the Grove, which is adjacent to the Farmer's Market, is one of the nicest shopping areas in Los Angeles.

We went in September this past year on my birthday. I got my tickets trough the mail.The tickets said be there by 8 but you want to be there much earlier than than especially on a day that only has one taping. We went to a Monday taping and got tickets to both shows in case we did not get in to the first taping we would have the second taping. We got there about 5:30 and the line was long. I heard the 1st person in line had been there since 9 last night and camped out. That is insane. When they finally open the gates the pages hand everyone a number and you line up on the benches according to the number MAKE SURE EVERYONE IN YOUR GROUP GETS A NUMBER. Then they announce some stuff and then they collect everyones tickets and you get a new number and tell you to come back at 9 for the 1:15 taping or 12 for the 4 taping. When you come back its a whole lot of sitting and waiting. So advice for people going to see a taping bring alot of patience cuz alot of it is sitting and waiting which can get boring for some people. We had a blast and would do it again in a heartbeat!!!!!!! Another thing sometimes they dont allow you to park on the lot so we parked at the farmers market at your own expense. I would not consider it a bad part of town. I felt very safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter