The Rainbow Lounge - LGBT Chit Chat

What do we think about a Rainbow Lounge?

• Loving it, I'll be here every day. This IS now officially my new homepage on all devices!

• I'm in between. Fun idea but I don't really have much to say at the moment *puts it on watched*

• What's this? I chit chat where ever I want.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oh lordy, no way. I'm in Chicago, she's in Kentucky (and again, babies)-we'd be better off meeting for a weekend somewhere else. We'd definitely both see that as a waste to get all the way down there & not go to the parks. (Plus, she's a CM, so ticket prices aren't the problem. Days off work, cost of travel, hotel, bills & stress not related to the trip...those are.)

Oh lordy, no way. I'm in Chicago, she's in Kentucky (and again, babies)-we'd be better off meeting for a weekend somewhere else. We'd definitely both see that as a waste to get all the way down there & not go to the parks. (Plus, she's a CM, so ticket prices aren't the problem. Days off work, cost of travel, hotel, bills & stress not related to the trip...those are.)
What does she do?

As a CM? She works at the Disney Store near our college :) I'd love her dearly without the Disney perks, but I'd be lying if I said they weren't a nice cherry on top of her awesomeness :)
I thought the area she was in was one of the location that was hiring for work from home phone agents. It was one of those states that starts with a K i just can't remember what one.

Doing my homework for History of England class, came across this quote from the 12th century

"If you come to London, pass through it quickly... whatever evil or malicious thing that can be found anywhere on earth you will find in that one city... theater and the tavern. You will meet there with ... smooth-skinned lads, flatterers, pretty boys, effeminates, magicians, mimes..."

Why have I not been to London yet? Pretty boys and mimes? It sounds awesome! :P

Haha, when you visit, find some smooth-skinned lads and ask about their skincare regimen!

Also, @MeridAriel, boo hiss :( I think because so much planning (and overplanning :) ) goes into a Disney vacation, it feels even more of a bummer to cancel.

Some pixie dust for whenever your trip works out, whether this fall or later pixiedust:

Aaaaw, thank you! It's not cancelled just yet, but it's been discussed, and I think both of us are coming to the realization & acceptance that it might be smarter for both of us (between medical bills & new babies, and my moving & hopefully starting a new job) to postpone. Damn us & our responsible nature! Who wants to be responsible when it comes to Disney decisions?!

I hear ya! We are moving (this summer) too -- destination unknown, job hunting. We purchased trip insurance just in case something comes up, which seems ever more likely since we're still undecided on the whole Where Will We Move To?/Where Is My New Job? thing :crazy2: Good luck on your job search, btw :flower3:

You're just full of good wishes & pixie dust & it has made my day :) Thank you! I've done what I can for now (applied in every position within 7 states), so stressing isn't helpful, but I can't always keep it under control.
I hope your trip works out, too!
PS, for everyone on here-I know I've mentioned it once before for anyone who would be interested & I'll only mention it once more, then I'll leave you all be about it, but I've started making conversations & asking daily Disney questions (what's your favorite ride, etc) in my little queer Dis group on fb-& I've found myself wanting to ask you all the same questions since you're all so kind & friendly! If you don't fb, tell me here? What are your favorite movies? Baddies? Goodies? Rides? :) If needing to know these important answers of everyone you meet is wrong, then I don't wanna be right!

:headache:The U.S. military has put a stop to transgendered people enlisting, according to the news it's until they "figure out what to do with currently enlisted transgenders"

That doesn't sound bigoted at alllll! :sad2:

PS, for everyone on here-I know I've mentioned it once before for anyone who would be interested & I'll only mention it once more, then I'll leave you all be about it, but I've started making conversations & asking daily Disney questions (what's your favorite ride, etc) in my little queer Dis group on fb-& I've found myself wanting to ask you all the same questions since you're all so kind & friendly! If you don't fb, tell me here? What are your favorite movies? Baddies? Goodies? Rides? :) If needing to know these important answers of everyone you meet is wrong, then I don't wanna be right!

I don't fb, so I want to answer here! But I would have to write long lists for baddies/goodies. I find it hard to pick just one, or five, or... twenty :rolleyes:

Someone else go first, and then we can play off of that and discuss characters' merits :laughing:

!!! was talking to a friend tonight and he offhandedly mentioned China has 10-year visas now. (I lived in China for a year, and he came to visit, we traveled together for a while, etc. Coincidentally this friend is also gay and we had a mini-adventure one night, visiting a bunch of gay bars/clubs in the ~underground Shanghai gay scene~ :lovestruc)

anyway. this was news to me. so, on a whim, I just checked flights... tons and tons of roundtrip flights from two airports on the west coast (my current home) to Beijing/Shanghai all for under $500, for many months out :eek: I had a one-way flight for $600 in 2011 and thought that was the cheapest I'd ever fly. But less than $500 roundtrip!!! now I'm torn, because of the whole needing to figure out my next job/location deal -- difficult to really plan, although part of me feels I should be irresponsible while I'm still relatively young and just go.

Do I... cancel our Disney trip, and we both head to China?! We could stay longer, go to so many places, and even hit Shanghai Disneyland :laughing: all for well under the price of our trip this fall. Plus, my partner has never been to China, and it was a strange wave of nostalgia that initially brought up the conversation where my friend mentioned the new visas.

...or do I plan a shorter solo (maybe not solo) trip to China around our Disney trip?!

...or do I just book for Jan/Feb/whenever and visit Shanghai Disneyland then? It might be possible to do a week in China then a week in Tokyo, and while there visit... Tokyo Disneyland! :laughing:

*reeling from the possibilities. also from the caffeine, which I no longer have a tolerance for*

It's just been so long since I've been out of the US, and in the last three years I've traveled very little, in part due to work and medical-ish things. But now I want to seize the day (and those seriously outstanding flight prices!).

:hyper: okay. probz gonna regret posting this tomorrow. I want unlimited funds to travel, forever :faint:

ETA: omg completely forgot about Hong Kong Disneyland. We could possibly go there too!

Last edited:
Well...my wandering, Disney soul immediately thought that I would go to all 3 parks in that part of the world (once you get that far...why not?), before I even read your options, so, that's my vote haha. But it's up to you! :)
Since nobody else wants to play, I suppose I'll answer my own questions haha.
My favorite baddies are Maleficent, Ursula, Hades, & Mim. (And while not a favorite, Shadowman/Facilier is *so* cool!)
Goodies are Ariel, Merida (obviously), Kida, Lady, Tramp, Archimedes, & Stitch.
I'm not quite sure where Meg fit into these lists hahaha. (And Scrump-who is not an actual character-has a very special place in my heart. The scene where she's not invited to play, but she tries anyway, & gets pushed out of the group for being too weird...that hit me right in my weirdo, outsider gut. So, I've got quite a few Scrump plushies/mugs/pins/patches.)
Okay, everyone else's turn!

Last edited:
Okay, including some Pixar and not in a particular order...

baddies: Yzma, Scar, Hades, Gaston, Cruella, Tamatoa! Agreed that Facilier is super cool - his songs are fantastic
goodies: Mulan, Tiana, Merida, Edna Mode, Belle, Beast, Li Shang, Remy, Moana, Lilo, Nani, Vanellope, Buzz, Marie, Kronk (before and after becoming good), Pongo & Perdita... a ton of side/minor characters as well, and I'm just going to stop now :laughing:

I like Megara too, but for some reason the relationship w/Herc (who I also like) just sours me! Same thing w/Pocahontas except I dislike John Smith. And Scrump has such plentiful merch! If you're looking to add a backpack (to hold all your Scrump stuff, naturally) Hot Topic has one here.

Oh you enabler, you! I've already got *so much* Disney stuff (with more on the way, of course...it's literally being shipped right now), and tons of bags that I don't use. As I am packing for a move, I'm trying to not collect more *stuff* that I won't use haha. But thank you :p And oh Yzma! I adore her <3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter