The Rainbow Lounge - LGBT Chit Chat

What do we think about a Rainbow Lounge?

• Loving it, I'll be here every day. This IS now officially my new homepage on all devices!

• I'm in between. Fun idea but I don't really have much to say at the moment *puts it on watched*

• What's this? I chit chat where ever I want.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hi everyone! :wave2:

When Pete call we listen, right peeps? :cheer2::banana::cheer2:

So in another fun effort to boost this LGBT-section on the boards - I want to invite you all to the Rainbow Lounge! :rainbow:

:welcome::smickey::welcome:

There are a few "non Disney" topics here in this section already, but here's our own relaxed hang out to just chit-chat away with no Off Topic concerns, since we won't have a general topic. :chat:

No holding back on "partner", "hubby", "wifey", "snuggle boo"... or whatever we chose to call our dear ones! :love2:

Let's chit chat about everything from daily things to our big dreams. So just rant it all off here, or why not just stop by and say Hi! to bump this new fun thread to the top again (where it sure will belong). :woohoo:

Looking forward to chit chat with you all! - Let's get this party started! pixiedust:

:tinker:
Hey

Hi! Not sure if this is the right place.... but Are there any groups for LGBTQ campers at Fort Wilderness? We had a wonderful first trip with a month long stay - but the first few days were a little shaky because we felt really uncomfortable in our site due to the amount of political flags and some conversations in our area. It made us feel unwanted or unwelcome. No one said anything directly to us, but it was bad enough I worried we had maybe made a bad decision with RV life. When I looked up things I could only find more dating or singles meet up type groups. Wondering if there is a go-to place to chat or plan trips with others? Thanks!

@WinnieFurRV I'm not sure of one off the top of my head for FT Wilderness campers. But I experienced some of what you described. One woman at the bus stop leaned to her husband while gawking at my group of friends and "whispered" (read: spoke quite loudly but thought she wasnt) "Look, I think those are gays!" I laughed at the comment because at this point in my life, someone realizing queer people exist is funny to me, but a younger and more recently out friend was definitely uncomfortable and feared some sort of confrontation.

Disney is pretty good at handling stuff though. We stayed at a cabin, and as we left on our golf cart one morning another cart travelling the opposite way rode by with a giant confederate flag flowing behind them. We were horrified, especially because they drove past an internal bus stop where a black family with young children stood there mouths agape in disbelief. Once we got to the marina, we reported it to a cast member who apologized, said it was unacceptable, and called it in to his team to be on the lookout for the cart in question.

I still loved staying in my cabin though and would stay again. Then again, I'm also someone who would have no problem clapping back at someone who said something hateful or bigoted toward me and my loved ones. So feelings of discomfort are totally understandable. Maybe its time to start an LGBTQ campers trip! Perhaps an organized effort during Gay Days? Id be down!

@WinnieFurRV and @Luxurious_Lumiere I would highly support a LGBTQ+ camping thread. My husband and I are headed down in our RV for the week after Thanksgiving and we are super excited to be headed back to Disney. The Fort is one of the few places that Disney lets guests express themselves with campsite decorations (we are excited to decorate our camper for Christmas), and as such some people go a little overboard. This has been especially true this year in the run-up to the election. If you EVER feel uncomfortable by something on property, let a cast member know asap. I think an organized camping week or other event would be fun!

Also, don't shy away from the camping community. There are tons of LGBTQ+ campers out there and it's something we really love doing.

Thank you both. We did see a few other couples over the course of the month, but did feel everyone was a little more shy. Could just be their personalities and that's cool too, but made me wonder if maybe they felt the same. Granted it was the month leading up to the election. I want everyone to enjoy their time and be able to express themselves (respectfully, of course.) But there is a lot to be said for pulling into a spot and feeling that homey welcoming that RVers and campers alike talk about. We go back for the month of January (the blessing of working from home now is not lost on me!!) and we would love to connect with other LGBTQ camping families. Maybe I will start a thread since yall think others might like it. Welcome to all of course, but specifically for LGBTQ Disney campers to connect and share plans!
Because it's more than just the camping trip, you know. We try to support businesses that also support openness, inclusion and equality - from our RV supplies to the golf cart we are looking to get. Love to hear suggestions and ideas from others. It would also be cool to have a camp sign or something to find each other.

Yikes! We stayed at a cabin at Fort Wilderness a few months ago and fortunately didn't see anything like that - it was actually the safest/most welcome that we have felt in any of our on-site stays so we have plans to go back again later this year.

Maybe we just got lucky our first time but we enjoyed not seeing anything political there vs some of the KOAs and such we have stayed at/looked at visiting.

Hi! Not sure if this is the right place.... but Are there any groups for LGBTQ campers at Fort Wilderness? We had a wonderful first trip with a month long stay - but the first few days were a little shaky because we felt really uncomfortable in our site due to the amount of political flags and some conversations in our area. It made us feel unwanted or unwelcome. No one said anything directly to us, but it was bad enough I worried we had maybe made a bad decision with RV life. When I looked up things I could only find more dating or singles meet up type groups. Wondering if there is a go-to place to chat or plan trips with others? Thanks!
I've seen some of that camping locally here in Southern California. We've not decided if we want to drive our trailer across the country yet since we're DVC members, heh.

Hey y'all! I'm new to this whole site and still learning how everything works, I had no idea this existed! I saw the "LGBT" forum and immediately knew this was the place to be!! :earsboy: 🌈
I love this chit chat thread and want to share some of my favorite memories of Disney!
I went to Disney World with my family for the first time when I was 5 and it was such a magical trip, I remember eating so much junk food which was a rare occasion in our family!:mickeybarThat started my obsession with Mickey Bars :love: We stayed at the All Star Music Resort and all I can remember about that resort was the awesome guitar shaped pool and that our room had sports themed blankets instead of music for some reason 😂 My grandma came with us and her room had music themed blankets so it became a joke.
We took a Disney vacation every year until I was about 13, then it was only occasional. But each trip was just as magical as the last, my parents thought I would get tired of going to Disney when I got older but here I am 25 years old and still get so excited for a Disney vacation!
Fast forward to 2 years ago, I took my now fiancé (almost wife) to Disney World for her first time and could not get enough of her excitement! It was so awesome seeing the park through her eyes. It really hit me that I was in my favorite place with my favorite person when we were standing in front of the castle watching the Happily Ever After fireworks show!:lovestruc That remains our favorite memory of our first trip together, and that theme song is going to be played as our "walking down the aisle" song at our wedding!
Thanks for creating this forum for the Disney loving, LBGTQ+ community. I love it!

You can't take Happily Ever After! It's been my boyfriend's, now fiancé, text and ring tone since the day we met in May 2020! :D

I love doing the same thing with him that you do with your almost wife: going to the park and getting to experience stuff through his eyes is amazing. The amount of joy he got out of Rise of the Resistance and Remy's Ratatouille Adventure being trackless rides was priceless for me!

Welcome to the boards @emrose1030.

You can't take Happily Ever After! It's been my boyfriend's, now fiancé, text and ring tone since the day we met in May 2020! :D

I love doing the same thing with him that you do with your almost wife: going to the park and getting to experience stuff through his eyes is amazing. The amount of joy he got out of Rise of the Resistance and Remy's Ratatouille Adventure being trackless rides was priceless for me!

Welcome to the boards @emrose1030.
I love that Happily Ever After has become a love song! I had some fun with my fiance and told her that the Tiki Room was a live bird show before we went in :rotfl2:Priceless!

Hello everyone! It's so nice to see an entire section for those of us in the LGBTQIA+ crowd. Bi, transmasc nb Disney fan for life here, and what better place to make my very first post than waving at my fellows in the community. 🌈🙌

I've been a Disney fan since I was really little and my mom found out that I share my birthday with Mickey and Minnie (November 18th!) and threw a "happy 6th kiddo & happy 60th Mickey" party for me. As a result, I took a dream trip in 2019 to be in the Magic Kingdom on my birthday (never been asked more times in one day if it was REALLY my birthday lmao) and will be taking my very first Disney cruise next year, with our disembarkation day being my birthday too (weeklong party!).

Even when it's rough, dealing with family stuff, moving away so I could live my own truth with an ocean view up in Maine, I've had good friends and the magic I've always loved about Disney to hold me up through it. And good friends who are as into Disney as me, supportive of me and who I am, who are willing to get dragged on my Disney excursions.

I suppose that's why I've loved Rapunzel since she landed as a princess- I'm out and living my dream.

Hi everybody! It's been probably about a decade since I've visited DisBoards. I'm Alex. 34 and from South Bend, IN. I'm a dad to a child on the low-functioning end of the autism spectrum and a grad student at IU South Bend. Recently separated and at a crazy place in life. Thought I'd introduce myself.
Hi Alex - I'm in Bloomington and up for support if it helps. 38, divorced (not recently), dad of 2. Good luck - sounds like rough times!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter