The Rainbow Lounge - LGBT Chit Chat

What do we think about a Rainbow Lounge?

• Loving it, I'll be here every day. This IS now officially my new homepage on all devices!

• I'm in between. Fun idea but I don't really have much to say at the moment *puts it on watched*

• What's this? I chit chat where ever I want.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jonas_Swe

°o° DIS Veteran °o°
Hi everyone! :wave2:

When Pete call we listen, right peeps? :cheer2::banana::cheer2:

So in another fun effort to boost this LGBT-section on the boards - I want to invite you all to the Rainbow Lounge! :rainbow:

:welcome::smickey::welcome:

There are a few "non Disney" topics here in this section already, but here's our own relaxed hang out to just chit-chat away with no Off Topic concerns, since we won't have a general topic. :chat:

No holding back on "partner", "hubby", "wifey", "snuggle boo"... or whatever we chose to call our dear ones! :love2:

Let's chit chat about everything from daily things to our big dreams. So just rant it all off here, or why not just stop by and say Hi! to bump this new fun thread to the top again (where it sure will belong). :woohoo:

Looking forward to chit chat with you all! - Let's get this party started! pixiedust:

:tinker:

LOL! :rotfl2:

Nevah! Moahahaha... :rotfl:
:cool1:

Awesome to see you here! :cheer2:
I'm sure this is going to be an awesome place to hang out at the LGBT section! :grouphug:

Oh, and I love the emojis... In case you haven't noticed. :woohoo:

:tinker:

Throw a topic out there. Like...

How much deeper do you think the ocean would be if sponges didn’t grow in it?

or

How fast do hotcakes sell?

or

If there’s an exception to every rule, is there an exception to that rule?

Discuss.

:surfweb:

Okay, a more serious topic... maybe we can get some people to stop lurking and post!

Explain, in as many sentences as you care to use, why Disney is so important, or what Disney means, to you.

I'm just scrolling and judging... All of you, All day! :surfweb:

No not really, but yeah I'd love to see what great reasons there are for loving everything Disney! :smickey:

Well, for me, I think Disney is so important because it's a touchstone to that part of me that hasn't given up on creativity, imagination, and childhood enthusiasm. I was one of those kids who was born 40, and now I'm an accountant, basically, and Disney gives me that little injection of magic every time I go. I know that, somewhere out there, I have a calling. I don't know what it is, but Disney magic reminds me that anything is possible if you only believe. Someday, I truly think I'll manage to find a job that doesn't kill my brain cells or make me sit in the car in the mornings, having to work up the will to physically enter the building. That's really no way to spend your life.

Explain, in as many sentences as you care to use, why Disney is so important, or what Disney means, to you.

While my stories aren't as eloquent as some of the DISUnplugged members, I can recall going to Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom when I was real young. I have memories of riding Space Mountain with my Godfather and trips with my parents. But that was all back in the 70's. I did go to the Magic Kingdom when I was in High School, but that was a single day. I just remember riding Space Mountain about 8 times in a row (last time with eyes closed). NEVER AGAIN! lol

Around 1994 or 1995 I had the opportunity to attend a client conference in Anaheim. So I was able to go to Disneyland as an adult, about 20 years after my last visit. My one vivid thought was that Disneyland appeared much smaller. But still had a great time.

Then I got my now-ex interested in Walt Disney World. We ended up going several times, including one Gay Days and for my 30th birthday.

I haven't been back to Walt Disney World since January 2000, when I was there for a work conference.

With my 50th birthday right around the corner, I wanted to go somewhere that my friends could/would want to go with me. I didn't want a big party scene and so I decided to do Walt Disney World and Universal parks. While my friends are excited, I don't think they are as quite excited as I am.

But if I had to go back to a single theme as to what is driving me to return to Walt Disney World, and hopefully Disneyland next year, is memories. I don't think I can really recall a bad memory from any trip to a Disney location. Were there some less than pleasant memories, yes, but nothing so egregious that I would never return to make more happy memories.

With my 50th birthday right around the corner, I wanted to go somewhere that my friends could/would want to go with me. I didn't want a big party scene and so I decided to do Walt Disney World and Universal parks. While my friends are excited, I don't think they are as quite excited as I am.

But if I had to go back to a single theme as to what is driving me to return to Walt Disney World, and hopefully Disneyland next year, is memories. I don't think I can really recall a bad memory from any trip to a Disney location. Were there some less than pleasant memories, yes, but nothing so egregious that I would never return to make more happy memories.

Thanks for sharing that! Happy early birthday, too. When will you be in WDW? Please share details of your upcoming trip to WDW - I'm curious what you're most excited about, since you haven't been there in almost two decades!

I like to joke that it's a wonder I like Disney at all, since my first trip was in about 1981, when I was six, and on that trip I was eaten alive by mosquitoes at Ft Wilderness, butted by a goat, and had my fingers rolled up in a car window. Also we lost my four year old cousin, briefly, in the park. I was also traumatized by Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, when I got behind the wheel, panicked at the first part where it looked like you were going to drive into a wall, and freaked out, so my mother had to climb over me in the car to take my place because I was convinced I was driving the thing and wouldn't stop freaking out.

Aaaaaaaaaanyway. Good times.

But yeah... memories! So true.

When will you be in WDW? Please share details of your upcoming trip to WDW - I'm curious what you're most excited about, since you haven't been there in almost two decades!

Thank you for the birthday wishes. I can see how you were traumatized on Mr. Toad's Wild Road. Thank you for sharing!

I will be arriving on October 21st and my friends will be arriving at Disney on the 23rd. They are actually flying in on Saturday so they can go out on Saturday night and then (hopefully) get to Hollywood Studios at a decent time in the morning. They know I will be scheduling FastPass+ reservations soon and we have an ADR already.

It is difficult to pinpoint one particular thing I am the most excited about. I am sort of in Walt Disney World info overload right now. Between listening to all of the Connecting with Walt podcasts and the other DISUnplugged videos, I am really learning a lot of things.

With this trip there are going to be a lot of firsts for me. For the first part, I will be by myself. As an introvert, that is going to be interesting. Earlier this week I decided to do the MNSSHP that Friday night. This morning I just decided to do the MK Firework's Dessert Party on Saturday night. I am also doing the Keys to the Kingdom tour on Saturday morning. Then there are all of the restaurants that I am going to be trying (e.g. Flying Fish, Be Our Guest and Citricos). I did book a few favorites, like the California Grill and the Crystal Palace. Given that this is a major milestone of a birthday, I am wanting to make the trip as memorable as possible. I am treating myself more than I typically would have if I was coming at some other time.

My friends and I are leaving Disney on the 27th and heading over to Universal. We are doing their HHN and theme parks the rest of the week/weekend. For most of us that will be a first. Listening to the DISUnplugged Universal podcasts have got me really excited about that.

I do realize that I am not going to be able to do everything that I want to do. I also know that I have to be flexible and not stress over things. I have one friend that I have already warned, and will need to warn again, about trying to do everything. Since I know I can't do everything, this means I will just need to plan more frequent trips. I am waiting to find out when Pete will be announcing the 20th Anniversary of Dreams Unlimited events. Plus there is always the D23 expo next summer in Anaheim!

With this trip there are going to be a lot of firsts for me. For the first part, I will be by myself. As an introvert, that is going to be interesting. Earlier this week I decided to do the MNSSHP that Friday night. This morning I just decided to do the MK Firework's Dessert Party on Saturday night. I am also doing the Keys to the Kingdom tour on Saturday morning. Then there are all of the restaurants that I am going to be trying (e.g. Flying Fish, Be Our Guest and Citricos). I did book a few favorites, like the California Grill and the Crystal Palace. Given that this is a major milestone of a birthday, I am wanting to make the trip as memorable as possible. I am treating myself more than I typically would have if I was coming at some other time.

I loooooooooove the Wishes Dessert Party. In general, I love Wishes. It's my one must-do thing now. The dessert party was a real treat - getting to view it without having to elbow for a position, and I thought the food was very good as well. I am more extroverted, but I actually really enjoyed going to Disneyland on my own. Granted, it was just a day, but it was a much different feeling than going with a group or someone else. I found myself being much more of an observer, and I really enjoyed not being tied down to someone else's wants/needs/schedule. I ate when I was hungry, stopped when my feet hurt... it felt almost decadent. LOL.

Congrats on getting a BOG reservation! Those aren't easy to come by.

Are you staying on property?

I will be there just a couple of weeks after you!

Congrats on getting a BOG reservation! Those aren't easy to come by.

Are you staying on property?

I was on the website the day I could make ADR's and also called. Since my friends weren't interested in MNSSHP, I was able to juggle some things to get into BOG.

Yes, I am staying on property. This is where I am really treating myself. Ever since I went back in the mid-70's, I have always wanted to stay at the Contemporary. So I am staying there, in the Tower, with a Theme park view. My friends are all staying at Port Orleans - Riverside.

Glad to hear some positive things about the Dessert Party. I know that they are starting to split up the Dessert Party. They have a standing only version, which is not as expensive. Then they are doing the seated one as well. After being on my feet all day, I chose the seated one. lol.

Yes, I am staying on property. This is where I am really treating myself. Ever since I went back in the mid-70's, I have always wanted to stay at the Contemporary. So I am staying there, in the Tower, with a Theme park view. My friends are all staying at Port Orleans - Riverside.

Glad to hear some positive things about the Dessert Party. I know that they are starting to split up the Dessert Party. They have a standing only version, which is not as expensive. Then they are doing the seated one as well. After being on my feet all day, I chose the seated one. lol.

I will be at POR on my next trip. I've never stayed there! I'm really just thankful to not be at a Value again. I found a TA who was able to get me a nice discount. Like you, I've always wanted to stay at a monorail resort, though. (My bucket list is the Poly...) Someday... maybe for MY 50th!

As for the dessert party, when I did it back in 2012, it was all sitting, but everyone got up to go to the railing for the fireworks anyway, so we ended up all standing regardless. My niece happy-freaked when Tinkerbell came zooming down from the castle RIGHT over our heads...

Hi all,

First off being 100% up front I'm an ally but engaged to a member of the great LGBT community. Hope that is okay to still post here :)

My love and connection with Disney runs pretty deep. My mom was a big Disney fan and always dreamed of taking us. I remember when Disney Channel was an add on to cable and how she would work as hard as she could to try and keep that channel turned on for us. It wasn't all the time but she tried. We would watch Disney movies together all the time and Lady and the Tramp was her favorite. Lilo and Stitch became very important to my brothers and I after her passing. She never did get to take us to any Disney park but I was very lucky to go with a school group only 6 months after her passing. Many years later I met my fiance and he is Disney parks obsessed. Through that my love of Disney grew into what it now is. I think I love it so much because it makes me feel connected to my mom. Also I can just be me. It doesn't matter how old I am or what character I'm into my Disney friends accept me for me and that is the best part.

My favorite characters change from time to time but I like Oswald, Orange Bird, Stitch and Winnie the Pooh.

One fun tradition my fiance and I started when we started living together is once a year we get a new piece of Disney art for our house. It can be small like the character sketches or big like the paintings. At some point we'll have to figure out a theme but for now most of it meshes with the space it is in.

Hi all,

First off being 100% up front I'm an ally but engaged to a member of the great LGBT community. Hope that is okay to still post here :)

My love and connection with Disney runs pretty deep. My mom was a big Disney fan and always dreamed of taking us. I remember when Disney Channel was an add on to cable and how she would work as hard as she could to try and keep that channel turned on for us. It wasn't all the time but she tried. We would watch Disney movies together all the time and Lady and the Tramp was her favorite. Lilo and Stitch became very important to my brothers and I after her passing. She never did get to take us to any Disney park but I was very lucky to go with a school group only 6 months after her passing. Many years later I met my fiance and he is Disney parks obsessed. Through that my love of Disney grew into what it now is. I think I love it so much because it makes me feel connected to my mom. Also I can just be me. It doesn't matter how old I am or what character I'm into my Disney friends accept me for me and that is the best part.

My favorite characters change from time to time but I like Oswald, Orange Bird, Stitch and Winnie the Pooh.

One fun tradition my fiance and I started when we started living together is once a year we get a new piece of Disney art for our house. It can be small like the character sketches or big like the paintings. At some point we'll have to figure out a theme but for now most of it meshes with the space it is in.

Welcome! As far as I'm concerned, anyone who is not a jerk is welcome. I have a personal policy of no jerks allowed. :D

I am sorry for the loss of your mother, however many years ago it may have been. I'm glad you have found a way to use Disney to bring you peace!

I adorrrrrrre Stitch. Speaking of Disney art, have you seen the Lilo and Stitch piece in the Parks Store now? It's heart-melting.

https://www.disneystore.com/giclees...canvas-by-heather-theurer/mp/1392213/1000272/

Welcome! As far as I'm concerned, anyone who is not a jerk is welcome. I have a personal policy of no jerks allowed. :D

I am sorry for the loss of your mother, however many years ago it may have been. I'm glad you have found a way to use Disney to bring you peace!

I adorrrrrrre Stitch. Speaking of Disney art, have you seen the Lilo and Stitch piece in the Parks Store now? It's heart-melting.

https://www.disneystore.com/giclees...canvas-by-heather-theurer/mp/1392213/1000272/

That is one of my favorites! It was a background on one of our phones for a while. We have this one in our dinning room right now.
99a62c0900b49ce2600fc3f30bde573e.jpg

Love the idea of a chi chat here :jester:

well, I really grew up with Disney, so in my mind my first memories belong to all what belongs to the Disney universe (movies, toys ecc).
when I was 8 I went with my family for the first time to DLP and since then, my mind was just on that incredible world (apart from being traumatized on BTT, I didn't ride a coster after that until 14 years old xD)
My dream when I was on high school was to became a Disney Imagineer (but today I'm happy and proud to be a musician, and i think that was the right choice to me :) )
sorry guys if my english sucks, but I'll do my best xD

Love the idea of a chi chat here :jester:

well, I really grew up with Disney, so in my mind my first memories belong to all what belongs to the Disney universe (movies, toys ecc).
when I was 8 I went with my family for the first time to DLP and since then, my mind was just on that incredible world (apart from being traumatized on BTT, I didn't ride a coster after that until 14 years old xD)
My dream when I was on high school was to became a Disney Imagineer (but today I'm happy and proud to be a musician, and i think that was the right choice to me :) )
sorry guys if my english sucks, but I'll do my best xD
Thanks for sharing your story. :thanks:

Don't you worry about your English around here. :rainbow:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts