The Rainbow Lounge - LGBT Chit Chat

What do we think about a Rainbow Lounge?

• Loving it, I'll be here every day. This IS now officially my new homepage on all devices!

• I'm in between. Fun idea but I don't really have much to say at the moment *puts it on watched*

• What's this? I chit chat where ever I want.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Where are you staying? Anything in particular you are looking forward to??

I'm gonna be at Animal Kingdom Lodge, which I love so much, I stayed there 4 years ago around the holidays and it was spectacular. Most of all I just look foreward to that feeling of magic Disney gives you. And I love all the restaurants, so I look foreward to that so much, especially Skipper Canteen, Coral Reef, California Grill, the French and British ones in Epcot, and I've never been to Tiffins, so looking foreward to that and seeing Pandora which I haven't before.

I'm gonna be at Animal Kingdom Lodge, which I love so much, I stayed there 4 years ago around the holidays and it was spectacular. Most of all I just look foreward to that feeling of magic Disney gives you. And I love all the restaurants, so I look foreward to that so much, especially Skipper Canteen, Coral Reef, California Grill, the French and British ones in Epcot, and I've never been to Tiffins, so looking foreward to that and seeing Pandora which I haven't before.

I LOVE AKL!!!! Thats generally where we stay.

And Pandora is beyond amazing. Both attractions are just remarkable. The Night Blossom (beverage in Pandora) is my favorite snack in property. Have a magical time!!

Hey folks--I'm new here, but recently had an insight into why Disney properties are so impactful, so why not share? I'm in the middle of a job change and one of the revelations of that process was the way my old employers did not make me feel valued, whereas my new employers gave me an intensely strong sense that I was bringing great value and offering them things no one else could bring. That's a wonderful feeling, and it made me realize that the Disney parks (and ships, for that matter) do the same thing. Unlike most other resorts, they put huge energy into reaffirming every single guest in very personal ways and making every individual feel special and valued. There are very few places in this world where most of us can get that, and although you could say that it's fake or shallow because the Disney cast members don't know each of us personally, I think that misses the point. The important part is just the affirmation. So that's my answer about why visiting a Disney property is so joyful, positive, and valuable!

Hey folks--I'm new here, but recently had an insight into why Disney properties are so impactful, so why not share? I'm in the middle of a job change and one of the revelations of that process was the way my old employers did not make me feel valued, whereas my new employers gave me an intensely strong sense that I was bringing great value and offering them things no one else could bring. That's a wonderful feeling, and it made me realize that the Disney parks (and ships, for that matter) do the same thing. Unlike most other resorts, they put huge energy into reaffirming every single guest in very personal ways and making every individual feel special and valued. There are very few places in this world where most of us can get that, and although you could say that it's fake or shallow because the Disney cast members don't know each of us personally, I think that misses the point. The important part is just the affirmation. So that's my answer about why visiting a Disney property is so joyful, positive, and valuable!
This is a great response.

I wish that I could agree with you on this. Actually, six years ago, I would have.

That was my first trip back since 2007 when I spent three days in Orlando with good friends and going to Magic Kingdom and EPCOT for two of the days. But in 2013, I decided to try a week solo and loved it. Disney truly made me feel special! So I made it an annual trip and stretched the week out to two just to keep from going back to work....lol.

By the third year I began to notice that the joyful, positive feelings they gave me began to disappear. That first week in a resort would be great...mousekeeping would treat you like a king! Extra everything was on tap, all you had to do was ask. But the second week?...fresh towels were hard to come by...toiletries and room coffee too. No matter how much you tipped they refused to leave what you needed and asked for. Heck, sometimes they wouldn't even come until the late afternoon to make the bed.

My last trip was the worst one yet...the daily room security check...err the so-called wellness check was an invasion of privacy when I dicovered they go through your luggage and food bags. I was even sick one day and requested that the housekeeper would come late so I could sleep in...OH NO...she came relentlessly banging on the door at 8am until I had to get out of bed and answer it. As others often say, the magic is waning and I will not ever pay for two weeks of resort pricing (and now parking fees on top of that) for the "industry standard," subpar service they now provide.

If and when I do decide to spend time in the parks again, I will stay outside the bubble. Perhaps when enough people begin to do that, the first class service will once again become a priority for them.

Dropping in to say hi, since I've got a quickie solo trip coming up in just under 2 months which has me on the DIS fairly often! I'll only be in town for 3 days and I expect to be busy, but what are the chances of meeting any "family" while out and about in the evenings?

Hi everyone!
Just joined and I'm excited to meet new Disney friends. Just got back from WDW during Christmas week and it was nice being there during Christmas but won't be visiting that week again :-). Already planning my next trip for May, going solo this time. Have a great day everyone!

Bill

Love this reply

Thinking about booking AKL this upcoming trip.

Greetings from London, I've been posting a lot on the Universal threads as I'm doing a solo trip there in a couple of months, but this is my first post on this thread so thought I'd say hi!

This will be my first trip to Orlando and I'm super excited, of course it wont seem real until I'm sat on the plane, then I'll know its really happening!

Is it weird that I feel super uncomfortable at gay clubs...?

It's not weird at all. In fact, I believe it's a normal feeling for many guys. I always felt a sense of being judged when walking into (any) gay club. Although I still had fun with friends, the atmosphere in general never gave me a positive vibe. Today I am over the club scene and moved onto gay bars that have a sense of community. There are some really great, friendly ones where I live.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!