The Rainbow Lounge - LGBT Chit Chat

What do we think about a Rainbow Lounge?

• Loving it, I'll be here every day. This IS now officially my new homepage on all devices!

• I'm in between. Fun idea but I don't really have much to say at the moment *puts it on watched*

• What's this? I chit chat where ever I want.

Results are only viewable after voting.
DH and I just did EPCOT NYE and had a blast. Definitely thinking about doing it again! It was super crowded, but everyone was having a great time and the dance parties around the world showcase were incredible. Highly recommended for everyone!

Yeah EPCOT seemed to handle the crowd pretty well until about 1130 when people started stopping at choke points around the world showcase to claim a spot for the fireworks. My only complaint was that the busses couldn't handle the crowds leaving EPCOT (and MK and HS) all at once. It took quite a while to get back to Saratoga Springs.

Yeah EPCOT seemed to handle the crowd pretty well until about 1130 when people started stopping at choke points around the world showcase to claim a spot for the fireworks. My only complaint was that the busses couldn't handle the crowds leaving EPCOT (and MK and HS) all at once. It took quite a while to get back to Saratoga Springs.

I feel like that can be issue at even quieter times to be honest, more from MK however. Side note, I love Saratoga ❤️

Dropping in to say hi, since I've got a quickie solo trip coming up in just under 2 months which has me on the DIS fairly often! I'll only be in town for 3 days and I expect to be busy, but what are the chances of meeting any "family" while out and about in the evenings?
Welcome. I was just there. Third day back and already missing it. I'll be back at the first of May. and possibly Sept.

Hello everyone!

I've posted in other threads but never the Rainbow Lounge. So...hi!

I have a trip in June coming up and I'm beyond excited. This trip will include one person who has never been before, and another who hasn't been in at least a decade. So the disnerd in the fam are excited to show WDW to them!

Also: I've been detailing the Oscar race, as it pertains to Disney, in the "just for fun" section HERE (I cover awards season in the "real world" for an entertainment site, so its a bit of fun for me to do that here with a Disney bent) and I created a fun poll call The Disney Oscars. Essentially, you're voting on the best of the year in film like an Oscar voter would...but the only contenders are this year's Disney/Pixar/Marvel/LucasFilm releases. I wanted to get as many voters as possible on it from the dis fans here. And since the Oscars are the gay superbowl, I thought my fellow gays would be interested in voting ;) We have 8 categories to vote for nominees in, and it only takes a couple minutes. So, if it interests you go ahead and vote!

Here's your Disney Oscar Ballot
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LPQ38NJ

For the Best Picture category, I will be using a preferential ballot vote like the Oscars do. So RANK your TOP 5 choices 1-5, with 1 being your top choice. Unfortunately, Survey Monkey doesn't allow me to limit these ranked responses, So please stick to just ranking your top 5. This is how many slots Oscar voters get.
Other important voting tidbits: Please vote for FIVE (5) nominees in Director, Screenplay, Supporting Actor, Supporting Actress, and Voice Over Performance. Due to the limited amount of contenders, please vote for THREE (3) nominees in Lead Actor and Lead Actress.

You have until January 21st at 6pm to cast your ballot. I'll announce nominations in the Disney at the Oscars 2019 thread on January 22nd, the same day as the real Oscars.
Cast your votes, and may the best Dis Film, win!

*laughs like RuPaul*
*lets the music play*

Hey folks--I'm new here, but recently had an insight into why Disney properties are so impactful, so why not share? I'm in the middle of a job change and one of the revelations of that process was the way my old employers did not make me feel valued, whereas my new employers gave me an intensely strong sense that I was bringing great value and offering them things no one else could bring. That's a wonderful feeling, and it made me realize that the Disney parks (and ships, for that matter) do the same thing. Unlike most other resorts, they put huge energy into reaffirming every single guest in very personal ways and making every individual feel special and valued. There are very few places in this world where most of us can get that, and although you could say that it's fake or shallow because the Disney cast members don't know each of us personally, I think that misses the point. The important part is just the affirmation. So that's my answer about why visiting a Disney property is so joyful, positive, and valuable!
This is spot on. I’m so glad you posted about this. princess:

I feel like that can be issue at even quieter times to be honest, more from MK however. Side note, I love Saratoga ❤️
Honestly that’s the only tome our whole stay that we had an issue or obnoxious wait for any bus. I think the bus times being in the app helped us plan better so that we weren’t standing there for what feels like forever.

It was our first time staying there and was the only DVC stay we could find at 6 weeks notice after we had to cancel our Thanksgiving trip. Our only complaint was that it was very spread out and took forever to get anywhere but Disney Springs. The room was great and I think we’ll be back again. I really enjoyed eating at the Turf Club and hanging out at the bar.

I booked my next WDW trip last week - 450ish days for me! Took advantage of free designing and will be returning to the world in August 2020.

Hubby and I are back off to China and Japan in July / August of this year (Princess Cruise around Japan with a bookend either side in Shanghai and Beijing). Hoping to return to Shanghai Disneyland at least for a day - just so I can ride their version of Pirates again - as well as take another trip on Tron!

Lucky you! I do wish I lived closer to a park!
It was a benefit of moving to this area, for sure! But I was living in NJ most of my life and didn't think I could make a big change in my life. Took a chance and asked my boss if I could work from home out here and he approved it right away.

I don't think mine would appreciate that question from me. I kinda have to be close to be on call too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!