The "Re-Hitchin'" at EPCOT?

J

Jessie The Cowgirl

DH and I will be celebrating our 10th anniv. at WDW and we heard about a "Re-Hitchin'" at EPCOT. Can anyone tell me about this!? Cost, etc.!? Thanks for any info.!

We had dinner at the Garden Grill at the Land and the couple at the next table over from us was celebrating their anniversary so the characters and waiter did their own version of a ceremony. I don't know if that has anything to do with anything but the term re-hitchin made me think of that.

My DH and I will also be at the Garden Grill in June. When I made my PS, I mentioned the Re-hitchin ceremony, but they really didn't know anything about it. I have read on other posts that when you check in you should again mention it, as well as to your
server(s). Either the characters or CM will have you stand up, recreate a quick ceremony and have you and DH kiss to the count of 100, by fives. It sounds super fun and I hope that we will be able to do this. Happy anniversary to you and yours.

I forgot to mention: the price is the price of the meal, I think. No added cost for the ceremony. I may be wrong, but I think this is correct.

Here's what I know.

My DW and I are celebrating our 10th anniversary this year, in October. However, we will be at WDW next week.

We have a priority seating at the Garden Grille for Sunday the 13th. When I booked the PS, I told the CM that I wanted to surprise my wife with a re-hitching ceremony.

The CM new all about it and wrote my request on the PS. She also told me to tell the CM at the reservation desk about the re-hitching ceremony (as a reminder!!).

Basically, the servers, Chip & Dale, and Mickey come over and ask us to stand and say our vows, "I do to this... and I do to that..." Then they'll ask me to kiss the bride for good luck we must hold the kiss for 100 seconds!!! As they all count, 1, 2, 3, 4,... you'd think they would count all the way to 100, by 1's, but they don't.

They change the count at 10, and count by 10's. 10, 20, 30, ...

Sounds fun. Again, I am surprising my wife with this next week. I'll let you know how it goes.

After reading about this here on the DIS, I surprised my husband with the rehitchin' for our anniversary last May. We were there for the Ice Cream Social. When I called for PS, the CM had no idea what I was talking about, so I just asked him to add "rehitchin'" to our PS. When we arrived to check in, the hostess at the front desk also had no idea what I was talking about either, but I asked her to write it on our card anyway. Eventually someone in the back must have known, because when we were almost finished eating, several servers gathered around us to perform the "ceremony." I was a little disappointed that none of the characters got involved, though they were circulating throughout the rest of the time we were there. Maybe we had bad timing and it was the middle of a shift change! Anyway, it was cute. We had a server take pictures with our camera, they gave us an official Rehitchin' Certificate, and even brought us a whole cake -- FREE! Now what do you do with a whole cake in Epcot, when you've just gorged on ice cream and it's over 90 degrees outside? Luckily, we were heading back to the resort soon (naptime for toddlers!), so they boxed the complete cake for us to take. Just another "memorable magical Mickey moment!"

Have fun!!:D

we did this last year during the ice cream social and it was a lot of fun, we had all the characters involved, egging us on. It was pretty funny. We also got the re-hitched certificate. I would recommend it. :D maggie

is this done only at this resort? we are staying at the port orleans, are there any restraunt's there that do the re-hitch.

We did the rehitchin' ceremony on our honeymoon this past September. The waiter just did it and there was no count to 100 thingy. But Mickey did come buy and wrote us out a congrats note plus we got the certificate. It was really cute.

I have never heard of it being done anywhere else but the Garden Grill.

How ironic that I found this!!
DH & I will celebrate 5 years next April and I want us to celebrate at Disney. This will be such a neat surprise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter