The REAL Happiest Place on Earth! September 2018 Trip Report

Join me on my trip to the REAL “Happiest Place on Earth”! Even though Disney World is pretty "magical" too. :earsboy:

I finally made my way out to the west coast, to visit Disneyland for the first time EVER! It has been on my bucket list for so long and I’m so glad I didn’t have to wait forever to cross it off my list. I have also never been to California, so that was exciting to accomplish as well. :cool1:

ZunKyrjQaCDe-oNjEN1j_N0nI-coK0KZfD3Tcp56u7F55FK-9gbtz8u3hUK3-KivXIFc_-wrKBMJCvlTv1aR-0AsG_th9iG62jgusjP-CNyxw7obi-9ZpuEfcpZxmBqTAmbI3SEg

So here’s the basics:

Who: Me, the Disney addict, and my mom, the person I drag on all my trips :rotfl:

What: My FIRST EVER Disneyland trip! :goodvibes

When: September 25th - 29th

Where: The Disneyland Hotel!

Why: Crossing things off my bucket list!

Tuesday, September 25th:

:jumping1: TRAVEL DAY! :jumping1:

My mom and I departed early Tuesday morning, to catch our flight from Charleston to Dallas. At that point, it still had not hit me that I was actually going to Disneyland!

EwlgB9sWUF5qItZTbtKKVMx16B_rsNNKVuO1Mxw9ahGi13DuGPLL6ES-lozNLxVWFs8LSlcc5Mnhn6rO-vjbYVClyIxEv9PlkKxq4YF3EHEeIOy4ZZ-u823ryaELuTAc940twnIQ

We arrived in Dallas and stopped at the Chick Fil A in the airport for breakfast. I was relieved that they actually had a Chick Fil A! After a short layover and breakfast, we were on the plane to Santa Ana. I realized that it was so much easier to fly into John Wayne airport, as opposed to LAX. The travel time from the airport to the hotel was so fast and I was really happy about that.

We arrived at the Disneyland Hotel around 1 PM and I was IN LOVE as soon as we arrived. As soon as I stepped out of the car, I saw Goofy right outside the hotel doors. I was able to get a picture with him, no line! Lol.

eOyUeZxVILs-RMJKzpEXV7HfmAy8SpHY4SXpnB2yu03XHrrOMxZ1g1AtWjvk-hKQWmFjxTlrlW-h2Fv5QlA8T7ZhU5dYOzf65w2eYqoUo1Z6fbosu3ooO2vMpJVcCEP2K39ExWvw

We were at the hotel earlier than our check in time, but luckily our room was ready early! The view from our room was incredible and I was so happy with it. I will admit that the rooms could be renovated again, as they were showing some wear and tear, but I was still in awe of the whole place.

5D8ufee946Rop3ShkZL2CoErc-BW2iW66HXYlJBHMkqYHD2rfju2xa3Mldpse5_K-yRuybyHEGFp-FthY4wOYgGBRID6kMQcteLgQgzqfEZXqxizAMbAqrtz97GVuUHJlIP-O8jU

After we got settled into the room, we got another Uber and headed to In-N-Out! I was so excited to try a burger and they definitely did not disappoint. I still prefer Shake Shack though ;)

j4WZ6lNuZFIXG7B2QhkJaAxlr-w_z8ZE2CIeNOzKw3TOmkcvdhH71ZQ9na8mW6zuOPu6n-xtcKr2aDrMEi6ZcOBI5YyWEupumTCRCbR77OTyphc96Y9rHtL4P2GFPpqRnZRoVpPp

We made our way back to the hotel after lunch and used all of the free time we had before dinner to explore the hotel and Downtown Disney! The best thing about the hotel? Mickey Ice Cream Bars whenever you want!

7EjIFpc6U9QvXvgiTBNoioErAB8nO-SbMMD10I6npu-ISPTupRQeZ-Mew_eLDME46OHASJkTVHBcn3UlixHBaRlQETWB1gYsxF_ts6wMG8G33yeXJBtmOF11D_IC1V79ozjsatxk

We went to every tower at the hotel and we were able to see so many vintage Disney items, like a car from Autopia!

p9UuOR3EKIM6Pyg_6OCAd_MuAY2VdZTHbY7cuTD0HTkk7uJZLFvQYAFo_htbeLlDm6qLVX5qZLmIoXsynnzYM2dVQjtaEEfM0LNQtB99Y4dZbgKvS0lGrwPWIl5RHEy1xojE_NYC

After walking around the hotel a bit, we decided to walk to Downtown Disney since it was SO close. They had everything decorated for Halloween, but it was obvious that there’s still a lot of work left to do in this area. We decided to go ahead and walk to the entrance of the parks, just so I could see what they looked like. I couldn’t resist! Even from just seeing the entrance signs, I felt so much emotion. I was FINALLY going to see Disneyland!

J7NHt1qMalT4Ei0SOeKOyEjEGlYmYjvAh9N5zXwDqfcwVcjWfIRDllGjvaecMdjnepBkQo8-93Tr2QeJ_ViiegF4Fqx5Bh_P6g31VJCdc9-0mln1zxZlznHi9xG6ten6iukq50kD
JO7qczG2nlAFo6YkzrRM2ixBABfJfmSPlHZ1WsiRlGK8u610RLHHA_1tmPkye9L04nsklKII0yfV4ZdSPcg75u3YgSZpTR6eHy8c-pe98XOvqxiKhrVSEgKGLD_G3dKiIVL8pvI8

After seeing the entrance signs, we walked back through Downtown Disney and looked through a few shops, but not many as we had to get back to get ready for dinner at the Anaheim Packing District. This trip was mainly Disney focused, but it was nice to be able to see a little bit of Anaheim. We stopped on our way out to take pictures in the teacup chairs! This was probably the cutest thing about the hotel and I wish I could have taken one home. Lol.

mdRtGxZJ7LUXlf7Ba870YFsc6fBBG8ktR3BtrinXMu65iD1HUMSuIAyOFZJcplnxvfUMJn2XBxG3BuqIu1mXAIUeT6xbK9SD5cZ5MNbOrhzmOZ6M_hZQtxKYzO0v2kp5s3QxeCN8

The restaurant that I chose was The Blind Rabbit in the Packing District. It is a small speakeasy type bar that has a secret door to get into. But an unfortunate thing happened when we arrived. Apparently I had made the reservation for the wrong time but luckily it worked out that they had an open time and they were able to get us in for that night! The food and drinks there were delicious and I loved how they themed it to make it feel like a speakeasy from the prohibition era. We had duck confit mac and cheese and our drinks came in interesting cups and glasses! :cool2:

The dinner was amazing and we were pretty tired from the flight (and the time change), so we headed back to the hotel to get ready for bed! I have always wanted to order room service while at Disney and had heard a lot about the milk and cookies! So of course I had to order it! They were delicious and the perfect end to our first day in California. :angel:

e5t4ymYgyOCXMDcAqNwFwA8CJA8NA2BdCwhLyE0XITfNj_rv5ey3q6DbYAzMW-OCA_dcu7fWMH9T9qMKmELEQMn-WwPRJ7Ptm1IrCMhNgJFzPt-yK-Z6fA1b96Lcoq2KNXbhTquX

Up Next: My first Halloween Party! :stir:

It sounds like your trip got off to a great start! I remember all your trip planning and am so glad to read that things went well. :)

We wants more! ….please.....

Great start!

I'm excited to hear more! Following along!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!