The Rest of Hollywood Studios

Not sure it will be that early.

I could have sworn that it was suppose to open well in advance of SW:GE, but you may be right. I'm sure we'll start getting dates for the skyliner, MRRR, and SW:GE after the new year.

I could have sworn that it was suppose to open well in advance of SW:GE, but you may be right. I'm sure we'll start getting dates for the skyliner, MRRR, and SW:GE after the new year.
It is supposed to open before Star Wars but latest I have is roughly 14-15 months from now. So that puts us at roughly September.

It is supposed to open before Star Wars but latest I have is roughly 14-15 months from now. So that puts us at roughly September.
The family does a yearly trip over Thanksgiving, so we are used to the parks on high attendance days. I believe Thanksgiving 2019 will give new meaning to the words patience...not to mention that HS will require at least 2 days unless I want to wait 6 hours in line...

I don't think it will be that long....

I don't think it will be that long. Right now disney is enjoying a nice roi in the parks. Start wars land and the epcot remodel will reinforce that. There is already rumors of more upgrades coming to animal kingdom. Barring a major economic downturn...6-7 years from now they should be breaking ground on HS next expansion.

They will need to in order to keep up with universal. That is the time frame on their next gate.

Guess it depends on ones definition of "long time" - I do think now that they are nearing the end of this round of updates to DHS the focus will shift largely to EPCOT (already started, obviously, but continue with that and then more to come). Then I think they would do something else in AK first, and then back to DHS. So I think your timeline of breaking ground on next big project at DHS of 6-7 years is possible - I don't see much before that though

Guess it depends on ones definition of "long time" - I do think now that they are nearing the end of this round of updates to DHS the focus will shift largely to EPCOT (already started, obviously, but continue with that and then more to come). Then I think they would do something else in AK first, and then back to DHS. So I think your timeline of breaking ground on next big project at DHS of 6-7 years is possible - I don't see much before that though
Agreed, and it could be 8 years honestly. That's still better than what we've had pre-2012.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter