The "Rides Others Love but I just don't 'get'" Poll

Rides Others Love but I just don't 'get'.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shanbo

Mouseketeer
As the thread on this topic was quite interesting I wanted to do a little poll covering some of the most mentioned attractions in the thread.

The thread was based on what rides others love, so generally rides that have a big following, but you personally just don't 'get it'.

For this reason I have left off rides like "Kali Rapids", "Astro Orbiter" and "Buzz Light Year Space Ranger Spin" because I don't see these rides having a big following.

Again this is rides with a big following.

Please don't just comment that you love all these rides.

You have two choices.

Peter Pan. It's not so much that I don't enjoy it, but I don't see any reason why people wait for 80+ minutes to ride it. If it was a 15-20 minute wait, sure, but I don't understand the desire to wait for over an hour for it or have to hit it at rope drop.

Peter Pan. It's not so much that I don't enjoy it, but I don't see any reason why people wait for 80+ minutes to ride it. If it was a 15-20 minute wait, sure, but I don't understand the desire to wait for over an hour for it or have to hit it at rope drop.

Yep that's the exact point of the thread, glad you get it.:D
To me there is a difference between something I just don't get and something I don't like.

I've seen people love Toy Story Midway Mania and happily wait 40mins+ for it, I personally just don't get it but I don't think the ride is necessarily bad.

Thanks for making the poll. I will be following it to see if Soarin' starts soaring to the winner. So cheesy, CGI overloaded, and lame. What a huge disappointment compared for the original Soarin'.

This exactly. I grew up near Disneyland, and I have a lot of nostalgia for Haunted Mansion, POTC, Small World, Tiki Room....even if those aren't the actual best rides...those rides all mean Disney to me. I just never had that nostalgia for Peter Pan.

Thanks for making the poll. I will be following it to see if Soarin' starts soaring to the winner. So cheesy, CGI overloaded, and lame. What a huge disappointment compared for the original Soarin'.
I prefer the old Soain', but I still think the feeling of flying is so neat. I also enjoy that it gives that feeling without being a rollercoaster (so young and old can enjoy it).

Definitely Jungle Cruise for me. The drivers are great, but having done Kilimanjaro Safari first...it totally left Jungle Cruise feeling like it was lacking.

7 Dwarfs. Wait is just dumb, Fast passes go so quick, and the ride is like 35 seconds. Plus it is sooo smooth you don't feel like you are on a coaster. I feel like it is the monorail. We don't do it anymore.

I don’t “get” the new Soarin. If you are even the slightest off center every thing is curved. The pyramid had rounded sides, nothing was straight.
It was really aggravating and annoying. After waiting that long it was very disappointing.

I "like" all the ones you listed, but picking one it would be Peter Pan. It's a very short ride, I'm not a PP fan in general, the acoustics are awful. Definitely not my favorite.

The theming is great, they're beautiful rides, but I don't get the huge followings behind Haunted Mansion and PP. They're both fun rides and I enjoy them, but no way am I waiting for more than 20 minutes for either. Not worth it IMO.

Space Mountain-it was pretty whiz bang in 1974 but nowadays I find it jerky and not all that thrilling.

Jungle Cruise-fun every now and then but definitely not on my greatest hits list.

I voted for peter pan for this list but my real answers would be.

The speedway in MK. Its always crowded and its worse then a gokart track, which even my middle of no where area has.
Test track. I know its fast but its the same kind of fast as driving down the high way. Its just not fun to me.

Definitely Jungle Cruise for me. The drivers are great, but having done Kilimanjaro Safari first...it totally left Jungle Cruise feeling like it was lacking.
....and corny....which, I suppose, is part of the appeal of the ride. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter