The "Rides Others Love but I just don't 'get'" Poll

Rides Others Love but I just don't 'get'.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted for peter pan for this list but my real answers would be.

The speedway in MK. Its always crowded and its worse then a gokart track, which even my middle of no where area has.
Test track. I know its fast but its the same kind of fast as driving down the high way. Its just not fun to me.

Speedway isn't on that list because it is really meant for kids. I also personally dislike it like crazy, but my kids love it. I also have fond memories of it when I was six...it seemed a lot bigger and faster then.

Speedway isn't on that list because it is really meant for kids. I also personally dislike it like crazy, but my kids love it. I also have fond memories of it when I was six...it seemed a lot bigger and faster then.
Yeah the fact that I had my licence before I ever say that or test track probably adds to why I don't find them fun.

That's probably most people's obsession with any ride. The memories. Or the link to Walt Disney maybe? I LOVE Haunted Mansion. The back story, the theming, just all of it. But the ball room scene is my favorite thing in all of Disney. Was the first time I rode it in the 70's and is today.

Now as far the poll, for me it would be Toy Story Mania. Is fun but I honestly like Buzz better. No particular reason why, just a personal preference.

7 Dwarfs. Wait is just dumb, Fast passes go so quick, and the ride is like 35 seconds. Plus it is sooo smooth you don't feel like you are on a coaster. I feel like it is the monorail. We don't do it anymore.

It's quite weird how the "future" based roller coaster (Space Mountain) is all jerky, whilst the one in a mine cart is so smooth.

I voted for peter pan for this list but my real answers would be.

The speedway in MK. Its always crowded and its worse then a gokart track, which even my middle of no where area has.
Test track. I know its fast but its the same kind of fast as driving down the high way. Its just not fun to me.

Speedway and Test Track both don't have a "following" I feel, which is why I left them off the list.
They are both usually panned by disney fans.

Is this the part of the forum I should be posting these polls?
I seen it was just recently moved to here.

Space Mountain is such a jerky ride. I feel like I am going to die on it! Or break some bones! I don't get it!
This!! I actually would like the ride if it weren't for that, but I rode it once and I was done! I don't understand how anybody can go on it multiple times in a row!

...and tame....and boring.
An important thing to consider when thinking about Disney World is how child oriented the parks are. In my late teens through mid 20's, I loved Busch Gardens, Sea World, and Universal, because their coasters are so cool. Nothing at WDW is as extreme as the Hulk coaster or Manta.
I will not be going back to those parks for years, though, because now I'm a family man. Our whole family can ride Splash Mountain, mine train, and others because they are specially designed to not be too extreme.

I used to get sick on Soarin' when you lifted into the clouds but with the new version I haven't gotten sick. I skip Space Mountain when we go to WDW world. it is to jerky and my sister and I call it the "uterus bruiser" because of where the lap bar hits.

So far Peter Pan is in the lead. With Jungle Cruise creeping up behind.

I get people not liking Peter Pan, but I think the amount of people who "love" it is greatly exaggerated. That ride's issue is its low hourly capacity, meaning that there will always be long lines, even if there is only moderate demand for it.
Jungle Cruise is fair game to mock, though, even though I "love" it. They can handle more than 2x the hourly riders than Peter Pan can.

https://crooksinwdw.wordpress.com/2013/12/14/theoreticaloperational-hourly-ride-capacity-at-wdw/

Is there a way to see the results without voting? I like them all and *get* that many people desire the waiting to see/ride them, but I would like to see the results of others.

I get people not liking Peter Pan, but I think the amount of people who "love" it is greatly exaggerated. That ride's issue is its low hourly capacity, meaning that there will always be long lines, even if there is only moderate demand for it.
Jungle Cruise is fair game to mock, though, even though I "love" it. They can handle more than 2x the hourly riders than Peter Pan can.

https://crooksinwdw.wordpress.com/2013/12/14/theoreticaloperational-hourly-ride-capacity-at-wdw/

Yeah, I didn’t “get” Jungle Cruise at first. Now I’ve come to enjoy the cheesiness of it.

Peter Pan for me was just a bit of a let down. Even though we had fast passes. It really did just look like I was slowly going past models in a model shop. I was really surprised how many people loved it. It’s just not for me I guess.

Yeah, I didn’t “get” Jungle Cruise at first. Now I’ve come to enjoy the cheesiness of it.

Peter Pan for me was just a bit of a let down. Even though we had fast passes. It really did just look like I was slowly going past models in a model shop. I was really surprised how many people loved it. It’s just not for me I guess.

It's not really for me, either. Very take it or leave it. A step above the old Snow White ride. I was just pointing out that it is probably that way for a lot of people, and looks a lot more popular than it is due to its low capacity and slow line.

It's not really for me, either. Very take it or leave it. A step above the old Snow White ride. I was just pointing out that it is probably that way for a lot of people, and looks a lot more popular than it is due to its low capacity and slow line.

Oh I wasn’t disagreeing with you. I was just adding to why others may not like it too. I get your point on ride capacity though. Makes sense.

As the thread on this topic was quite interesting I wanted to do a little poll covering some of the most mentioned attractions in the thread.

The thread was based on what rides others love, so generally rides that have a big following, but you personally just don't 'get it'.

For this reason I have left off rides like "Kali Rapids", "Astro Orbiter" and "Buzz Light Year Space Ranger Spin" because I don't see these rides having a big following.

Again this is rides with a big following.

Please don't just comment that you love all these rides.

You have two choices.

My least favorite attraction in all of disney is soarin.

Okay flame suite on: FoP ..go to universal if you thought that was amazing is all I have to say

It's so loved it's not on the poll yet I would ride any of them on the poll over FoP

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!