"The Rookie" Official Thread! (spoilers welcome)

I watched it twice yesterday - I really enjoyed it. It's not earth shattering, but of course, I enjoyed seeing Nathan on my TV again. I liked the cast, loved that the characters are really different. Like I said, the show isn't that original, but I was entertained for the hour.

I really liked it too. Except for the bouncy body cam footage. That's a unique perspective, but it was sure hard to watch.

I really wanted to like this show but I was disappointed. Hated that they made the Chief such a hater, he should be encouraging his rookies and his officers. Don't know the characters names but the one training officer is such a negative stereotype, how did he survive that direct hit, at the very least it should have kept him off duty for at least a month. Plus lets throw in a love affair between the two rookies because that's never been done before. I guess I was expecting an upbeat police show, showing rookies learning to do their jobs, making some mistakes but learning. It was depressing on many levels, going to give it another week because sometime they make changes after the pilot is shot and there's a whole lot of room for improvement.

I thought it was OK, but not great. A lot of cliche story lines. But I'll watch a few more episodes.

Last edited:
The whole time I was watching, I thought the actors that played Jackson (the legacy boot) and the Captain seemed familiar. So I looked them up on IMDB, and it turns out they both were on Castle: Titus Makin Jr. (Jackson) played Tim Cabot on "Secret Santa", and Mercedes Mason played Marina Casillas on "He's Dead, She's Dead"!

The whole time I was watching, I thought the actors that played Jackson (the legacy boot) and the Captain seemed familiar. So I looked them up on IMDB, and it turns out they both were on Castle: Titus Makin Jr. (Jackson) played Tim Cabot on "Secret Santa", and Mercedes Mason played Marina Casillas on "He's Dead, She's Dead"!

And Richard T. Jones was also in Santa Clarita Diet (as was NF).

We DVR'd it because we weren't able to watch it when it aired. After reading this thread, I was a little bit worried. I thought it was decent. I don't like it (at least not yet) like I liked Castle, but I'll give it a few more episodes at least. Hopefully it will find a good stride. And I was REALLY worried about the body cam footage after reading here, but I thought they used it in small enough bursts that it didn't really bother me.

We DVR'd it because we weren't able to watch it when it aired. After reading this thread, I was a little bit worried. I thought it was decent. I don't like it (at least not yet) like I liked Castle, but I'll give it a few more episodes at least. Hopefully it will find a good stride. And I was REALLY worried about the body cam footage after reading here, but I thought they used it in small enough bursts that it didn't really bother me.

I don't think I will ever like this as much as Castle, but it is an enjoyable hour of TV, and so far, that's enough for me. I felt the same way about the body cam footage. I especially liked it when Nolan was "testing" it.

I liked it, I think I just like anything NF is in though.

Eric Winter (the jerk training officer with the drug addict wife) was on Days of Our Lives a loooong time ago, and it's kind of fun to see him on this show. Trying to decide how much of an actual "bad guy" his character will be vs. whether or not he's just being a difficult TO, since they revealed that about his wife, and after getting shot.

I just wanted to yell at the chief to stop being mean :rotfl::rotfl:Give him a chance, man!!

I also kind of like the switching between traditional "tv show camera" and the dash cam/body cam footage (although I agree the shakiness adds the :crazy2: factor!!), that's unique

Watched it, and we're in for now. Also a NF fan, nice to see him looking good and healthy. They're going a little overboard in making him the Best Rookie Ever! But hopefully he gets to mess up a bit.

I finally watched it last night, and thought it was just "meh". Formulaic cop show. I'll stick with it for a few weeks, see if it grows on me. I already ditched "A Million Little Things"--stupid and trying too hard for the feels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter