The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
pcot "spine" project which means the entrance remodel and innoventions areas has been pushed back to 2022.

Guardians will be a Vekoma coaster, no inversions, will have launches like we already knew.

That's too bad about the spine project. I think the entrance to Epcot looks pretty bad and it seems like a pretty easy job to just remove all of the "tombstones" from the entrance. That would help the looks and traffic flow quite a bit.

Regarding Guardians, what is known about the launches? I must have missed that info...

Brazil set to open 2022 without an attraction.

No attraction at all? Are there going to be any performances, like they have at Italy, France, China, etc.? A live band?

That's too bad about the spine project. I think the entrance to Epcot looks pretty bad and it seems like a pretty easy job to just remove all of the "tombstones" from the entrance. That would help the looks and traffic flow quite a bit.

Regarding Guardians, what is known about the launches? I must have missed that info...

No attraction at all? Are there going to be any performances, like they have at Italy, France, China, etc.? A live band?
The spine includes more than just removing the leave a legacy stones.

A launch is like Rockin Rollercoaster where the coaster is launched instead of having a lift hill.

Performance are unknown at this time.

The spine includes more than just removing the leave a legacy stones.

I realize that, but I was just saying that, for now, they could just remove the legacy stones as a phase 1.

A launch is like Rockin Rollercoaster where the coaster is launched instead of having a lift hill.

I get that, but was there some prior indication that this would be a coaster like the RRC?

Chanting lessons?

I get that, but was there some prior indication that this would be a coaster like the RRC?

i think it was always known to be a "major" coaster - but the exact nature and how "extreme" it would be wasn't always clear (and isn't necessarily totally clear now) but they are confirming no inversions, which generally brings the thrill level down and makes it more approachable to some people

Still curious for exactly what it will be as at D23 they were referring to it as being very innovative, but doesn't seem that way so far

i think it was always known to be a "major" coaster - but the exact nature and how "extreme" it would be wasn't always clear (and isn't necessarily totally clear now) but they are confirming no inversions, which generally brings the thrill level down and makes it more approachable to some people

Still curious for exactly what it will be as at D23 they were referring to it as being very innovative, but doesn't seem that way so far
Well let's put it this way, Slinky is also a launch when it opens so it shows the difference in thrills. A launch can still be family friendly. I'm interested to see the style they chose from Vekoma. The claw that Universal was supposed to used but it seems cancelled plans for it is Vekoma, so could it be possible with a launch?

Few things...

Epcot "spine" project which means the entrance remodel and innoventions areas has been pushed back to 2022.

Guardians will be a Vekoma coaster, no inversions, will have launches like we already knew.

Mexico/Coco update to Gran Fiesta Tour is kind of up in the air.

Brazil set to open 2022 without an attraction.

China's new seamless film will come at the end of 2019.

Star Tours exiting into Galaxy's Edge is not happening.

that is a real bummer about the spine project since it is so desperately needed.
EDIT: just saw what you said about it being COMPLETED in 2022 which makes a LOT more sense. Getting more excited for the rides! Think Brazil would do a Capoiera demo??

I don't know why I expected the Guardians ride to be a refit of Ellen's Energy Adventure but this is good news. :lmao:

if the legacy stones are rumored to be going, will they be removed or moved? having my picture on one of them, it is something I want to be able to show my kids and grand kids. will not be happy if they go away.

if the legacy stones are rumored to be going, will they be removed or moved? having my picture on one of them, it is something I want to be able to show my kids and grand kids. will not be happy if they go away.
Removed as far as I know.

i understand 100% why you don't like them. but those of us who purchased one of them do for obvious reasons.
I can absolutely understand the disappointment! We have a little plaque on the water fountain at BLT as founding members. I'd be bummed if it was removed.

That said, I have always found those things incredibly unsightly, odd, and just an impediment to walking into the park. I really have never understood it. :(

I can absolutely understand the disappointment! We have a little plaque on the water fountain at BLT as founding members. I'd be bummed if it was removed.

That said, I have always found those things incredibly unsightly, odd, and just an impediment to walking into the park. I really have never understood it. :(

How do they define “founding member?”

I bought there before it was open....does that make me a founder member?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!