The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Per discussion on WDWMagic.com by a few insiders - post the SW:GE add, there could be a redo of the animation courtyard area in DHS, Martin says at least part of it, another stated the whole area is being looked at - no details on what that may or may not be, nor is it safe with the Fox deal hanging over all these adds....

Per discussion on WDWMagic.com by a few insiders - post the SW:GE add, there could be a redo of the animation courtyard area in DHS, Martin says at least part of it, another stated the whole area is being looked at - no details on what that may or may not be, nor is it safe with the Fox deal hanging over all these adds....

I figure at some point they will need to redo the launch bay as woudn't really fit to have that like "insider" view at the "movies of Star Wars" when around the corners is supposed to be the fully immersive "real" Black Spire Outpost

I think it would be nice to either:
- make that area fully about animation - and can even connect it to the new Micky Minnie Runaway Railroad ride as part of that Animation theme - bring back the drawing classes, etc.
- Make it really focused on Disney Jr and make it more for younger kids. Indoor play space, maybe a minnie ride for them, etc. As nice as Toy Story Land is, the two new rides do have height restrictions (albeit low ones) so another area for the toddler set would be nice, and you already have the Disney Jr show there

I know this rumor has been dead for a while but I would love to have a mini Monsters Inc land take over Animation Courtyard.

According to Jim Hill and Len Testa say that anew restaurant group has quietly taken over Bongos. They will redo the Bongos restaurant and introduce a new concept that is not Cuban food like Bongos is.

What wasn't done right?
The cutting of the land from 3 rides to 2. Then the cutting of the Navi River ride from about 10 minutes to it's current length. They are gonna face the same problem in SWGE, but even worse when you think of that particular fan group. They could've, should've figured out a way to do 3 rides with an expansion pad.

TSL was also cut. And before you tell me it's budget cuts, let's remember that Disney hasn't lost money in any of these year, they are just going for short-term stock ticks instead of long-term growth.

The cutting of the land from 3 rides to 2. Then the cutting of the Navi River ride from about 10 minutes to it's current length. They are gonna face the same problem in SWGE, but even worse when you think of that particular fan group. They could've, should've figured out a way to do 3 rides with an expansion pad.

TSL was also cut. And before you tell me it's budget cuts, let's remember that Disney hasn't lost money in any of these year, they are just going for short-term stock ticks instead of long-term growth.
None of that was officially promised though just rumored.

Where did you get the info on the Navi River Journey being shortened? I haven’t heard that. I do know there was a completely different concept water ride.

SWGE definitely should have 3 attractions and again one was cut from the original plan due to costs. That’s what everything is about. Budgets are cut to save money. Yes Disney may not be losing money at all but all companies look to cut costs. It’s unfortunate that often makes expansions less than what they could’ve been:

Where did you get the info on the Navi River Journey being shortened? I haven’t heard that. I do know there was a completely different concept water ride.

SWGE definitely should have 3 attractions and again one was cut from the original plan due to costs. That’s what everything is about. Budgets are cut to save money. Yes Disney may not be losing money at all but all companies look to cut costs. It’s unfortunate that often makes expansions less than what they could’ve been:
You also have to look at it as the average guest will be happy to see anything new. If you can make a land with 2 rides seem amazing and then a couple years down the road bring in another ride to bring new life to that land why not do it. I think it keeps excitement centered around new lands longer. If they open up a 3rd ride in SWGE down the line, it will give fans another reason to come back.

I figure at some point they will need to redo the launch bay as woudn't really fit to have that like "insider" view at the "movies of Star Wars" when around the corners is supposed to be the fully immersive "real" Black Spire Outpost

I think it would be nice to either:
- make that area fully about animation - and can even connect it to the new Micky Minnie Runaway Railroad ride as part of that Animation theme - bring back the drawing classes, etc.
- Make it really focused on Disney Jr and make it more for younger kids. Indoor play space, maybe a minnie ride for them, etc. As nice as Toy Story Land is, the two new rides do have height restrictions (albeit low ones) so another area for the toddler set would be nice, and you already have the Disney Jr show there
First I would love animation to be pushed again and I would love to see the drawing academy back, as it was my daughter and I's favorite thing to do.

That being said, not sure they would want another "young kids oriented area" with TSL just opening. While I agree it would be great for parents with small ones to have a play area and such.... I am not sure they want to focus that much space for little ones. I agree though, if there was any space a "playland" in TSL would be a great idea

First I would love animation to be pushed again and I would love to see the drawing academy back, as it was my daughter and I's favorite thing to do.

That being said, not sure they would want another "young kids oriented area" with TSL just opening. While I agree it would be great for parents with small ones to have a play area and such.... I am not sure they want to focus that much space for little ones. I agree though, if there was any space a "playland" in TSL would be a great idea

oh yeah, a play area - or even like a "mister garden" area given the lack of shade - would be wonderful for TSL

Whether it was a different concept water ride or not, as I recall the plans had it both inside and outside the building. That's a huge change. Nothing in Pandora was officially promised when they made the announcement 5 years before the land opened.

I know they are cutting costs, but that still doesn't mean that I'm not correct in that these lands aren't being done "properly" or at least with due diligence. Heck, I won't even go into TSL as that's already been hashed out 50 times since it opened just over a month ago. I know we both love WDW but come on, admit that they've made mistakes even if the product is still solid. It's like if I've got a kid who got a B+ in my class...yes they did a lot right, BUT they clearly didn't do it all right, that's what these lands have been. Good, really good, just lacking here and there, which takes away from the completeness of them.

Heck, even NFL had to wait another year to open the 7DMT, which should've opened with the rest of the land.

Whether it was a different concept water ride or not, as I recall the plans had it both inside and outside the building. That's a huge change. Nothing in Pandora was officially promised when they made the announcement 5 years before the land opened.

I know they are cutting costs, but that still doesn't mean that I'm not correct in that these lands aren't being done "properly" or at least with due diligence. Heck, I won't even go into TSL as that's already been hashed out 50 times since it opened just over a month ago. I know we both love WDW but come on, admit that they've made mistakes even if the product is still solid. It's like if I've got a kid who got a B+ in my class...yes they did a lot right, BUT they clearly didn't do it all right, that's what these lands have been. Good, really good, just lacking here and there, which takes away from the completeness of them.

Heck, even NFL had to wait another year to open the 7DMT, which should've opened with the rest of the land.
Yes that was the other concept of the ride.

Personally I think being built incorrectly is not the right term. I think the lands themselves have been well done so far for what they are. We can always dream and hope for what could’ve been. Pandora was underbuilt in terms of capacity but I’m not sure Disney thought it would be as popular as it is either.

I will always admit WDW makes mistakes and by no means is it perfect.

Yes that was the other concept of the ride.

Personally I think being built incorrectly is not the right term. I think the lands themselves have been well done so far for what they are. We can always dream and hope for what could’ve been. Pandora was underbuilt in terms of capacity but I’m not sure Disney thought it would be as popular as it is either.

I will always admit WDW makes mistakes and by no means is it perfect.
Semantics, Ryan, we're playing semantics.

And you're really gonna play that TSL is well-done with peeling paint, bathroom problems, and loads of people complaining about baking in the summer sun b/c all of their queues are outside a la Six Flags? Mistakes were made because they had to appease the bean counters for short-term gains/stemming losses.

And you're really gonna play that TSL is well-done with peeling paint, bathroom problems, and loads of people complaining about baking in the summer sun b/c all of their queues are outside a la Six Flags? Mistakes were made because they had to appease the bean counters for short-term gains/stemming losses.
Out of the four toy story lands built this looks to be the best of them. Could they have done better? Of course without a doubt. I agree with your last statement in regards to toy story land.

I do get that they could have done more with Pandora and Toy Story Land could have been better - but you can't just completely ignore the bean counters. It's easy to say Disney should just do everything and constantly build and build 3 new entire theme parks, etc. - but you have to manage to some sort of budget.

Now, perhaps they should do less different things and have a higher budget per or something - but you just can't run a company (any company but especially a public one) and not follow a budget

I do get that they could have done more with Pandora and Toy Story Land could have been better - but you can't just completely ignore the bean counters. It's easy to say Disney should just do everything and constantly build and build 3 new entire theme parks, etc. - but you have to manage to some sort of budget.

Now, perhaps they should do less different things and have a higher budget per or something - but you just can't run a company (any company but especially a public one) and not follow a budget
It's not even the "more" with TSL, it's doing it right instead of meeting some imaginary deadline (so they could have it in place by Q4).

Creativity costs. It always has. Look at the Renaissance artists. Most used, reused, and then oftentimes reused the same canvas/surface for different pieces or even the same piece because they knew it took time. Greatness takes time and money, see Sistine Chapel (and I don't mean the iconic figure in the middle that is artistically crap compared to the rest of that ceiling or the wall fresco. Or, if you want to know what happens when the money is short, go find Michelangelo's Moses. A great sculpture but "underbuilt" due to his benefactor dying and the money drying up. If you want something done right, spend the moolah.

It's not even the "more" with TSL, it's doing it right instead of meeting some imaginary deadline (so they could have it in place by Q4).

Creativity costs. It always has. Look at the Renaissance artists. Most used, reused, and then oftentimes reused the same canvas/surface for different pieces or even the same piece because they knew it took time. Greatness takes time and money, see Sistine Chapel (and I don't mean the iconic figure in the middle that is artistically crap compared to the rest of that ceiling or the wall fresco. Or, if you want to know what happens when the money is short, go find Michelangelo's Moses. A great sculpture but "underbuilt" due to his benefactor dying and the money drying up. If you want something done right, spend the moolah.
Toy Story Land was late even when it did open. WDI has budget/spending issues. A land like TSL shouldn’t cost $250 but it does.

It's interesting reading how much better WDW could have done with the lands etc.

I remember a time folks on here begging a for "A" (one) new major ride down there, much less entire lands with attractions.

Time will tell of course, but the way SWGE is looking (Pandora already does)-I'm not too worried about replacing a few stickers and panels as well as adding some shade at TSL. Esp when the stickers were super cool, it's just stupid people abuse surroundings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!