The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Brazil: I would like to see something similar to Carnival in the Sky that was at the Rio in Las Vegas. But, instead of dancers in the floats, you are in the floats suspended from the ceiling going through various festivals/sights in Brazil. On second thought, that might tread on Peter Pan flight dynamics.
I think it would be cool for a Brazil pavilion to have a big show building sort of like Mermaid Lagoon in Tokyo Sea. Inside it would always be night and it would be themed like a village or a section of Rio during Carnivale. There be would be music and games and several spinner rides for kids.

I think it would be cool for a Brazil pavilion to have a big show building sort of like Mermaid Lagoon in Tokyo Sea. Inside it would always be night and it would be themed like a village or a section of Rio during Carnivale. There be would be music and games and several spinner rides for kids.
I love the idea of a few smaller rides indoors, but this would be too similar to Mexico in my opinion. I do believe they need to do something with an attraction though.

That rumor has been around for a long time too. I'm not too sure how much they'll want to jump into a VR attraction. They tend to look cheap and too many people are prone to motion sickness from them. So it not being VR based would make sense and certainly something needs to go in there eventually.
A VR attraction (at least one that uses the "goggles" technology) just probably wouldn't work. It seems very expensive from an equipment standpoint.
VR seems more suited to something like THE VOID in Disney Springs where it is smaller groups and be able to actually interact with physical things.

If the thought is to sit everyone in the existing round theatre, put on a pair of VR goggles and have a Wreck-it-Ralph racing attraction around that (where you seat can bounce around and make you feel like you are moving) . .that just doesn't seem very exciting. People would rather have a redo of the Speedway to a Sugar Rush theme.

That rumor has been around for a long time too. I'm not too sure how much they'll want to jump into a VR attraction. They tend to look cheap and too many people are prone to motion sickness from them. So it not being VR based would make sense and certainly something needs to go in there eventually.

The article itself stated the unlikelihood of it being a VR attraction.

Trying to think about what structure of attraction it could be if not virtual reality

I wonder if they could keep a similar layout and the middle be the connection to the Ineternet (so like LAN cable port or something) - but unlike the current set up have it work both ways in that it can bring characters to the audience but that the audience can also "travel" through it to different locations and use large screens around the perimeter to change the locations ....

... so it starts with Vanelope coming to visit us and saying Ralph needs are help and then we "go" with her and the background changes to an animation to make it look like we are traveling through the internet and we wind up in the stands for the Sugar Rush Race ... something like that

According to Martin the Epcot "spine" redo has slipped once again with 2023 now the projected opening.
Also to add. there is contention on what will be added to WS.

Per Martin - there is a decision to be made if they will do coco or if they will do UK. per Martin he doubts they do both - current budget for Coco would be about $75 million, per Martin the UK ride was budgeted to be about $200 million at least when it was Brave IP. Poppins still not locked either.

Net, we are getting some budget push backs, and this was the issue I assume Martin has alluded to for a while on the coco.

I prefer the UK ride as it would be an add vs. a redo of the current Mexico ride.

Last edited:

Per Martin - there is a decision to be made if they will do coco or if they will do UK. per Martin he doubts they do both - current budget for Coco would be about 475 million, per Martin the UK ride was budgeted to be about $200 million at least when it was Brave IP. Poppins still not locked either.

Net, we are getting some budget push backs, and this was the issue I assume Martin has alluded to for a while on the coco.

I prefer the UK ride as it would be an add vs. a redo of the current Mexico ride.
I think you meant $75 million not 475 million ;)

Per Martin - there is a decision to be made if they will do coco or if they will do UK. per Martin he doubts they do both - current budget for Coco would be about 475 million, per Martin the UK ride was budgeted to be about $200 million at least when it was Brave IP. Poppins still not locked either.

I think you meant $75 million not 475 million ;)

i was going to say, I know Disney tends to spend more than would seem needed on things, but $475m would make for one heck of of an overlay!

Other updates - and my apologies as I have not fully read all the updates:
Epcot:
As stated above UK or Coco not both
spine has slipped to be completed by 2023
SSE is expected to get an update to try and match opening of GotG - but no lock on that
Land and Sea may still get an update
WoL building may not get an attraction per say - may just be some type of guest facility

Epcot "spine?" Is this in regards of redoing the "hub" of Epcot with Innoventions, etc?

Would much rather prefer a new dark ride valued at $200 Million as opposed to a Coco overlay. I think we all know how that's going to turn out, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter