The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would prefer the ride to be based on the animated movie, though. But I'm just really not into all of the live action remakes they've been doing lately.

I think if they are going with the Shanghai Pirates ride system - which feels to put you more in the world and like you are part of it - using the live action adaption makes sense. If it was more of a classic dark ride I would prefer the animated version

India would be an amazing addition to Epcot! YUMMMMMMM! Plus all the vibrant colors, distinct culture, etc... would be a wonderful change of pace to what is there now. I'm okay with Brazil, but India feels a bit more unique.

So per Martin at WDWMagic.com - this is being looked at for both AK and EPCOT, this is not locked. So yes that is in the discussion

Although I love that Epcots getting some love, I think a water based boat ride around India and the Jungle Book makes more sense going to AK. We talk about Epcot being ride light, but I believe, just off the top of my head, they have 9 rides, with 2 more definitively coming, and another possible. AK, even with Pandora, I believe, once again, off the top of my head, has 8.

Although I love that Epcots getting some love, I think a water based boat ride around India and the Jungle Book makes more sense going to AK. We talk about Epcot being ride light, but I believe, just off the top of my head, they have 9 rides, with 2 more definitively coming, and another possible. AK, even with Pandora, I believe, once again, off the top of my head, has 8.
True. However, there is a strong belief from what I have seen and read, that Disney acknowledges now that DHS and Epcot are severely in need of help. Thus all the money being spent right now.

While I agree a Jungle book boat ride in AK would fit, I would be ALL for it being added to Epcot if it also included a pavilion like India. The added cuisine and ride would be HUGE for Epcot.

The thing that has me wondering is this.....
1) There were plans for a major overhaul of Dino area in AK, and yes one option was Indy
2) Indy is supposedly now locked into DHS, format still to be deterimined.
3) I am still hearing rumblings that Dino land is getting revamped, but staying as Dino land - so added ride there? OR replacement of the carny rides?
4) I am also wondering what happens with Rafiki and such. At one time there was a rumor that area or an area near there was for expansion in AK, now it is going seasonal, which in some cases can be the first sign of change.

so to answer your question....yeah Jungle book fits in AK, but I think they have other plans, and with the dire need to increase visitations to Epcot I would lean expectations there.

That being said - again want to stress here nothing is locked yet, this is all just discussion and blue sky phase.

Want to add one more add. I added above that Martin made a statement that Brazil was pushed back from 2021 to 2022, he also added one other comment that I have to admit just stuck with me. Per the budget number he has seen, he now wonders if an attraction isn't also being added. Per him in the past there were two versions of Brazil one with and one without and attraction. His last understanding was they chose the non-attraction version due to cost issues(thanks fox...), but after seeing the budget number he is questioning if they have not changed their mind.

Just found that an interesting tid bit

Want to add one more add. I added above that Martin made a statement that Brazil was pushed back from 2021 to 2022, he also added one other comment that I have to admit just stuck with me. Per the budget number he has seen, he now wonders if an attraction isn't also being added. Per him in the past there were two versions of Brazil one with and one without and attraction. His last understanding was they chose the non-attraction version due to cost issues(thanks fox...), but after seeing the budget number he is questioning if they have not changed their mind.

Just found that an interesting tid bit

especially if India also gets built with the rumored E-Ticket ride - to also have a ride in Brazil would really add more rides to WS. presonally I would be surprised if both happen, but you never know

I’d love India and jungle book in animal kingdom with Brazil and maybe like idk my dream would be Greece but also maybe an Eastern European country (we don’t have one yet!) to WS

I’d love India and jungle book in animal kingdom with Brazil and maybe like idk my dream would be Greece but also maybe an Eastern European country (we don’t have one yet!) to WS

Not always considered Eastern Europe but the Check Republic with a pavilion that looks like Prague would be cool

Obviously Russia would be amazing but don’t see that anything soon given current politics

Not always considered Eastern Europe but the Check Republic with a pavilion that looks like Prague would be cool

Obviously Russia would be amazing but don’t see that anything soon given current politics
That would literally be perfect!

Russia would be excellent but given the geopolitics of the present and likely future I doubt that happens within the next two decades.

I’m curious what kind of attraction would be a good fit for Brazil, are there any Disney properties that take place there?

Russia would be excellent but given the geopolitics of the present and likely future I doubt that happens within the next two decades.

I’m curious what kind of attraction would be a good fit for Brazil, are there any Disney properties that take place there?

Technically no but emperors new groove or up could be retooled
We also now own rio which is brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!