The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, not sure I totally agree with this. I DO agree that the boat captains really make this ride fun, but then again, I have had some iffy boat captains, and still love the ride. IF they automate, and allow for some random change in jokes by the ...automated(??) captain, it could still be fun. Depending on if they can also react to the crowd in the boat.
I think people react better when theres a human involved, not an automated voice. Not sure if theres room but can they add to the attraction?

We were just talking yesterday about the INSANITY of ever even considering removing the skippers...

In thinking about it from a liability view, how would they control certain onboard guests that may get unruly and/or potentially falling overboard (I know it's a stretch). Would they station more CM's throughout the river? Onboard video recording?

I just don't see them replacing the skippers.

In thinking about it from a liability view, how would they control certain onboard guests that may get unruly and/or potentially falling overboard (I know it's a stretch). Would they station more CM's throughout the river? Onboard video recording?

I just don't see them replacing the skippers.
They dumped the guide from Living With The Land with no issue.

Living with the Land is a different animal in my opinion. Mostly inside, short duration compared to JC.
There were many times when the Land guide decided to just make it their own Jungle Cruise, and it was awesome. Kind of like with Backlot and Great Movie, without the host I become much less likely to ride that type of ride.

Quick Epcot update....
Per Martin and one other poster TParis at WDWMagic.com ....
SSE redo is coming, and should be done by Epcot 40th, it is part of or at least on timings with Gamma which is the spine renewal and entrance redo....
It was also stated by Martin that Imagination was delayed work due to the moving up of SSE and the soonest we could see any improvements to Imagination would be in 7 or more years.

Well it’s been how long since they bothered to do anything with it so I suppose it’s business as usual.

Quick Epcot update....
Per Martin and one other poster TParis at WDWMagic.com ....
SSE redo is coming, and should be done by Epcot 40th, it is part of or at least on timings with Gamma which is the spine renewal and entrance redo....
It was also stated by Martin that Imagination was delayed work due to the moving up of SSE and the soonest we could see any improvements to Imagination would be in 7 or more years.

Obviously I want the glory returned to the Imagination Pavilion and Figment given his proper due ... but at the same time i’d Rather them both get done correctly and with the proper budget rather than doing them both halfway to get them both done for the 40th

Story from Orlando Weekly about Indiana Jones finding a home in DHS:

Would be 8 acre land around where the current stunt show is ... would have an indoor coaster and family friendly boat ride. A bar inspired by the one found at Disney Springs, multiple dining options, and various retail experiences were also included in the proposal. Would be post 50th anniversary but completed within the next 10 years

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs...p9mBH1W2gwkn_4fderqSWgOSObofD2-kbbfMMZjNyco_I

Would be 8 acre land around where the current stunt show is ... would have an indoor coaster and family friendly boat ride. A bar inspired by the one found at Disney Springs, multiple dining options, and various retail experiences were also included in the proposal. Would be post 50th anniversary but completed within the next 10 years

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs...p9mBH1W2gwkn_4fderqSWgOSObofD2-kbbfMMZjNyco_I
10 years... :faint:

So normally I would dismiss anyone who says what I'm about to say but...

Is Indiana Jones really that popular anymore with the coming of age set who will need to see WDW through the years, 15-20 years from now?

Believe me, Indiana Jones was my first crush. I still remember the day we saw Raiders of the Lost Ark at the theater. But I just don't see this series being such a big draw.

Now I know people (myself included) will be thrilled with anything new, but maybe they could just make up an entirely new backstory for a land like this? Or perhaps do the Jungle Book?

Is Indiana Jones really that popular anymore with the coming of age set who will need to see WDW through the years, 15-20 years from now?

Believe me, Indiana Jones was my first crush. I still remember the day we saw Raiders of the Lost Ark at the theater. But I just don't see this series being such a big draw.

Now I know people (myself included) will be thrilled with anything new, but maybe they could just make up an entirely new backstory for a land like this? Or perhaps do the Jungle Book?
Agree. As a HUGE Indiana Jones fan from the 80s and 90s, MGM Studios became my favorite park simply because of the Indiana Jones stunt show. (still so very shocked they haven't changed this show in 20+ years.

My kids know (haven't seen the movies obviously) who Indiana Jones is because of me .. and my movie posters. Heck my son and his cousins had tons of fun with my old Raiders of the Lost ark figures (from the early 80s) a few months ago.
But Indy isn't really in today's culture. Is it old enough to be "hip" with the millennials. Will the Gen X-ers be nostalgic enough to check it out? Will the current generation be turned on or off of it with new movies?

The concept of Indiana Jones (adventure archaeology) is timeless, even though the character may not be, so it may work out -- but having a new "Indy" land 10 years from now maybe a few decades too late. It probably all depends how this next movie goes -- will it be Crystal Skull or Last Crusade?

The concept of Indiana Jones (adventure archaeology) is timeless, even though the character may not be, so it may work out -- but having a new "Indy" land 10 years from now maybe a few decades too late. It probably all depends how this next movie goes -- will it be Crystal Skull or Last Crusade?

To me I very much agree with @tlmadden73 comment about the concept of Indiana Jones and just "adventure" in general ... be it the old Atari game Jungle Hunt or the recent Tomb Raider games/movies, etc. I think that concept will never be "out of style" .... does it need the IP of Indiana Jones to be successful? No, but to fit in the Studios I guess it does

To me I very much agree with @tlmadden73 comment about the concept of Indiana Jones and just "adventure" in general ... be it the old Atari game Jungle Hunt or the recent Tomb Raider games/movies, etc. I think that concept will never be "out of style" .... does it need the IP of Indiana Jones to be successful? No, but to fit in the Studios I guess it does

Yeah, that's what I mean by make up a new back story. A new adventure and character - (maybe a female! ;)) - something not tied to a movie might stand the test of time better than a franchise that has seen it's glory days...

They pull vague things from WDWMagic sources as part of it. Orlando Weekly is always a bit weird with rumors.

I much prefer they stick to a character and story that is beloved -- even if not as current -- than them making up a new character and backstory for a vague new "adventure" attraction. Would seem like an odd business move when they have this solid IP to use.

I know it's en vogue on boards these days to poo-poo the proliferation of IP in the parks, but sometimes it's solid and works -- I think Indy is one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!