The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would put my bets on the Indy ride. There have been several rumors about the DLR ride coming to WDW including a repurpose of Dinosaur. Seems to me that they want to bring the ride to WDW but are trying to figure out where it should go.

I would put my bets on the Indy ride. There have been several rumors about the DLR ride coming to WDW including a repurpose of Dinosaur. Seems to me that they want to bring the ride to WDW but are trying to figure out where it should go.

do you think indy's the "IP they're fighting between magic kingdom and animal kingdom" that one rumor was talking about?

Indy in MK with Dinosaur in AK makes no sense to me. They are the same thing with different themes. I'd have to think it would be something different.

Indy in MK with Dinosaur in AK makes no sense to me. They are the same thing with different themes. I'd have to think it would be something different.
I don’t disagree. However I have ridden both several times and think that they are different experiences. I would bet that to the casual Disney guest they would never guess at the similarity unless someone told them. Kind of similar to the experience of one coaster over another. Both coasters but different experience. I do realize it’s basically the same track but different park, different experience.

I don’t disagree. However I have ridden both several times and think that they are different experiences. I would bet that to the casual Disney guest they would never guess at the similarity unless someone told them. Kind of similar to the experience of one coaster over another. Both coasters but different experience. I do realize it’s basically the same track but different park, different experience.
I have to agree. I've been on both as well and I believe they are two completely different attractions. To be honest I think Small World and Gran Fiesta Tour are more similar than Dinosaur and Indy

The probalem with the Indy ride in Paris is that it takes so few people at a time. Hourly capacity is Pro a lay far lower than even Crushers Coaster.

Well, they could fit DLR's Indy ride in like the same spot they have theirs

If it is in Frontierland/Ton Sawyer Island I wonder if they could fit Grizzly Gulch Runaway Mine Trains - that is a great ride!
In looking at the different rides at the different parks, Journey to the Center of the Earth looked interesting and would fit in Adventureland. Or they could theme it to Indy instead of Jules Verne.

Never gonna happen but what if they put the money towards redoing Pirates and making it like Shanghai??? I would love for that to happen even though the current pirates is a classic. In all seriousness though I just went through an entire list of Disney attractions and the only ones that made any sense to me were Journey to the Center of the Earth, Grizzly River Run, Indy, Mystic Manor, or possibly Crush Coaster but that barely fits. It's very interesting as to what they could have in mind if they go through with this

Well down the road at Universal they have Transformers in Universal Proper and Spiderman in IOA and those rides are near twins

Well down the road at Universal they have Transformers in Universal Proper and Spiderman in IOA and those rides are near twins
I can't speak to that as I have never rode either. I just don't see Disney putting a 20+ year old Indy in MK with Dinosaur in AK.

I can't speak to that as I have never rode either. I just don't see Disney putting a 20+ year old Indy in MK with Dinosaur in AK.
The biggest reason I can't see them putting the DLR Indy ride in MK is that the DLR version is always broken - every time we have been there it has been down several time during each day. Hopefully they can put something more reliable in.

I definitely see / understand the last part of your comment.

If they had just put in Indy into Shanghai or something then I could see them bringing it to MK even with Dinosaur in AK. But to now bring a 20+ year old ride when there is a "version" already in AK doesn't seem like the most likely option.

Never gonna happen but what if they put the money towards redoing Pirates and making it like Shanghai??? I would love for that to happen even though the current pirates is a classic. In all seriousness though I just went through an entire list of Disney attractions and the only ones that made any sense to me were Journey to the Center of the Earth, Grizzly River Run, Indy, Mystic Manor, or possibly Crush Coaster but that barely fits. It's very interesting as to what they could have in mind if they go through with this

I don't think losing the red head scene completely ruins the ride or anything, but it is one of the most iconic parts of the ride. I wouldn't mind if they just gutted the whole thing and gave us the Shanghai version. Provided the far superior DL version stays. (Obviously without the red head)

Last edited:
I don't think losing the red head scene completely ruins the ride or anything, but it is one of the most iconic parts of the ride. I wouldn't mind if they just gutted the whole thing and gave us the Shanghai version. Provided the far superior DL version stays. (Obviously without the red head)

The DLR version is clearly superior so rather than having a pale imitation it would be cool to have the Shanghai version ... did some quick measurements and it looks like the show building for Shanghai Pirates is about 50% larger than even the combined size of the show buildings for the MK ride, so either we would get a modified version or it would take a lot of work

The DLR version is clearly superior so rather than having a pale imitation it would be cool to have the Shanghai version ... did some quick measurements and it looks like the show building for Shanghai Pirates is about 50% larger than even the combined size of the show buildings for the MK ride, so either we would get a modified version or it would take a lot of work
It would be interesting to see how they could pull it off. I'm not sure that they have the space for a second show building that size in that specific area. I would love to see them do it though

I doubt Grizzly River just because there are so many similarly themed rides between the parks already. I would love to see an attraction already out there rethemed to Moana. Hell I would just love her to be inducted into the princess line up already with a meet and greet! I have no interest in more indy honestly, I feel that franchise has come and gone and with so many other newer ones that are not being represented and would fit, I just think that would be a better use of funds. We already have our throwback ride in Tron (I am sorry for being such a millennial about it). An UP ride would also be cool but that seems to be more likely in AK or way down the line in Epcot. Maybe Jungle Book?? Seems like that would go to AK but who knows! What I would love, and I know I talk about it all the time, is Emperor's New Groove!

Edit: Forgot to mention that I would LOVE a Tarzan attraction

I doubt Grizzly River just because there are so many similarly themed rides between the parks already. I would love to see an attraction already out there rethemed to Moana. Hell I would just love her to be inducted into the princess line up already with a meet and greet! I have no interest in more indy honestly, I feel that franchise has come and gone and with so many other newer ones that are not being represented and would fit, I just think that would be a better use of funds. We already have our throwback ride in Tron (I am sorry for being such a millennial about it). An UP ride would also be cool but that seems to be more likely in AK or way down the line in Epcot. Maybe Jungle Book?? Seems like that would go to AK but who knows! What I would love, and I know I talk about it all the time, is Emperor's New Groove!

Edit: Forgot to mention that I would LOVE a Tarzan attraction
I keep going back to the patent of the pendulum ride concept with Tarzan mentioned as a possibility for it. I know people have said it would be a clone most likely, but a Tarzan attraction just seems so intriguing!

It's not basically the same track. Track layout is identical. But yeah, they definitely feel different. Mostly because Dinosaur sucks and Indiana Jones doesn't. (Dinosaur is too dark to ride the fact the animatronics don't all work.)

According to Mickey Views' latest news update from the alleged imagineer, it appears they have some sort of confirmation of a Mary Poppins attraction coming to the UK pavilion...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!