The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One heads up - per Martin at WDWMagic.com - construction on UK attraction should start later this year (finally as he stated ;) ) but will fit in existing space in UK, so no large dark ride or such - which we have suspected for a while.
So that makes it a spinner or something? Wonder if they repurpose the bugs life stuff from DCA?

So that makes it a spinner or something? Wonder if they repurpose the bugs life stuff from DCA?
Not really much to repurpose there. Fliks is already moving and being repurposed in Pixar Pier and ride vehicle for Heimlichs is at Pixar Studios.

I am not convinced this will be a simple spinner. Call it a gut feeling, but there will be more than just a merry-go-round.
Are you thinking a ride, or an experience like a bugs life, or Lightning Mcqueens racer academy?
There is a bit more room there than I thought looking at satellite photos. If they are willing to use the area including the tree cover, there is a lot of space.

Are you thinking a ride, or an experience like a bugs life, or Lightning Mcqueens racer academy?
There is a bit more room there than I thought looking at satellite photos. If they are willing to use the area including the tree cover, there is a lot of space.
I hope they don't ruin the garden space though. I will probably not have a disney wedding but if I did... that would be the spot! its so beautiful!

I hope they don't ruin the garden space though. I will probably not have a disney wedding but if I did... that would be the spot! its so beautiful!
I don't disagree with you, but......you know they won't tear down a gift shop for it. You have roughly an acre there, with little on it other than greenery and pavement. That was a enough for the Rat. I think a maze was once considered. It's plenty of room, like 0.8 acres. 7dmt uses 2 acres, Little mermaid uses 1 acre, barnstormer uses 0.54 acres. So they could do a lot there if they want. They could also do a spinner which would only take 0.2 acres and still save much of that space. It would be cool to retain the band stand, grab a beverage from Rose and crown, listen to music while your kidlets spin the day away.

It will be a ride, but my gut says it will be more than just a merry-go- round, whether that means some type of special que or some kind of additions on the ride...just don't think straight merry-go-round

Slow period so wanted to update something just given up by Martin over at WDWMagic.com.

At one point there were plans to add an Epcot hotel - At the opening of the park there were 3 locations, INSIDE the park there was one - a Tower off of Innovations west. Per Martin all ideas are now formally dead. But I do find it interesting they were seriously considering an inside park resort - and not to match existing architecture.

Yikes!

Bullet dodged.

Slow period so wanted to update something just given up by Martin over at WDWMagic.com.

At one point there were plans to add an Epcot hotel - At the opening of the park there were 3 locations, INSIDE the park there was one - a Tower off of Innovations west. Per Martin all ideas are now formally dead. But I do find it interesting they were seriously considering an inside park resort - and not to match existing architecture.

Yikes!

Bullet dodged.

I think adding a hotel to an existing park would be a bit challenging and likely create a lot of issues .... though I do think, when people bring up the "what should a 5th park look like" that if the idea of it being more of a living ecosystem and had an element of hotel/DVD/Apartments included in it, it could be an interesting set up - but something that needs to be done from the ground up, not added in

I think adding a hotel to an existing park would be a bit challenging and likely create a lot of issues .... though I do think, when people bring up the "what should a 5th park look like" that if the idea of it being more of a living ecosystem and had an element of hotel/DVD/Apartments included in it, it could be an interesting set up - but something that needs to be done from the ground up, not added in
Yeah, gotta agree. The Core and Hub of Epcot will be a mess with the current plan for a while, but to also include a huge construction area to add a hotel would have really added to the confusion.

I also agree, that probably in the future, with the more integrated experiences they are working on, I truly wonder if a 5th gate is ever built, if there won't be some resort integrated in to add to that, so picture SW:GE with the Star wars Hotel inside it....so you have access at all times...that would be wild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!