The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to DSNY in Big Fat Panda’s talk with former Magic Kingdom VP Dan Cockerell after their on camera interview the money from the Main Street Theater is going to other projects in the Magic Kingdom specifically a Stitch replacement. It’s been reported by wdwmagic sources for some time now that the money was not going towards new monorails like WDWNT has said.

According to DSNY in Big Fat Panda’s talk with former Magic Kingdom VP Dan Cockerell after their on camera interview the money from the Main Street Theater is going to other projects in the Magic Kingdom specifically a Stitch replacement. It’s been reported by wdwmagic sources for some time now that the money was not going towards new monorails like WDWNT has said.

I’m very interested to see what Disney can do with the space in Stitch Great Escape.

Dan Cockerell also confirmed that the theater project is not completely cancelled, but is indefinitely postponed.

So now with Philharmagic going to DLP, will the MK get a real update? It really needs to get a video projection update.

Honestly Wreck it Ralph isnt a Tommorowland type fit to me anyway. The whole premise of Wreck It Ralph is based off of Arcade games. Thats kinda 1980s, thats not all that Tomorrowish to me.

Honestly Wreck it Ralph isnt a Tommorowland type fit to me anyway. The whole premise of Wreck It Ralph is based off of Arcade games. Thats kinda 1980s, thats not all that Tomorrowish to me.

Tomorrowland isn’t exactly Tomorrowish to begin with...

Honestly, switching it to more of a land of "this is what the future was thought to look like at different times in history" would probably be for the best (basically what they did with Discoveryland in Disneyland Paris, but not specifically the Jules Verne type stuff) ... I mean, Tron is basically what we thought the future would look like in the 80s, so video game could sort of fit that as well

Honestly, switching it to more of a land of "this is what the future was thought to look like at different times in history" would probably be for the best (basically what they did with Discoveryland in Disneyland Paris, but not specifically the Jules Verne type stuff) ... I mean, Tron is basically what we thought the future would look like in the 80s, so video game could sort of fit that as well
there should be more of a distinction between FutureWorld and Tomorrowland

there should be more of a distinction between FutureWorld and Tomorrowland

especially when neither really cover the Future anymore!

And sort of ironically, at one point they were considering changing Future World to Discovery World

Maybe just suck it up and say that Tomorrowland will cover any IP that sort of feels like modern or futurish fantasy vs Fantasyland feeling like old-timey fantasy

Then you can keep the Buzz Lighyears and Trons in Tomorrowland and add in IPs like Big Hero 6 and stuff like that

Ugh maybe not but I looooove WiR and it definitely deserves some love. What else might be a good fit there?

Well, my nostalgic side remembers when Mission to Mars was in that space. I would not mind a family friendly ride that sort of mimicked that attraction (although that broaches on Mission Space in EPCOT).

especially when neither really cover the Future anymore!

And sort of ironically, at one point they were considering changing Future World to Discovery World

Maybe just suck it up and say that Tomorrowland will cover any IP that sort of feels like modern or futurish fantasy vs Fantasyland feeling like old-timey fantasy

Then you can keep the Buzz Lighyears and Trons in Tomorrowland and add in IPs like Big Hero 6 and stuff like that
They should make Future World Discovery World and have it be about the future that way while Tomorrowland is about a vision of the future, if a vintage vision lol

I like the Idea of the steam punk Jules Vern stuff that is in Paris but if we have to go with Disney IPs, even if there not great ones, they have the whole Atlantis series, Wall-E and they have Treasure Planet, I know this are old IPS and it is completely unlikely Disney will do anything with them because of that, but they at least feature some sort of fantastical technology. I think a video game based ride is something more along the lines of Universal and less along the Disney lines.

Scott Gustin also did an interview with Dan Cockerell and its said that the money from the theater is not going specifically towards a Stitch replacement but rather several already announced projects. Dan also said the 50th would be the earliest we would see a new nighttime parade. He expects plans for the theater to be put on a shelf and be used down the road in some capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter