The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we have any idea whey they're choosing to add a temporary show ahead of a permanent change? Why aren't they just keeping Illuminations until then?

Not sure if it was stated exactly why but I have seen speculation about a) just the upkeep and maintenance and people reporting the Globe isn't always working right, etc. and also b) trying to get more people to EPCOT - so even if a temporary show it is something new that might draw some people

Not sure if it was stated exactly why but I have seen speculation about a) just the upkeep and maintenance and people reporting the Globe isn't always working right, etc. and also b) trying to get more people to EPCOT - so even if a temporary show it is something new that might draw some people
I think having a draw at Epcot is the biggest reason.

I think having a draw at Epcot is the biggest reason.

yeah, I think so too ... just after the last "temporary show" just not sure how much of a draw it would be and while I know many people are ready for a change, a lot of people still love Illuminations so just my thinking that can't be the *only* reason (but it may be and I may just be wrong ;))

yeah, I think so too ... just after the last "temporary show" just not sure how much of a draw it would be and while I know many people are ready for a change, a lot of people still love Illuminations so just my thinking that can't be the *only* reason (but it may be and I may just be wrong ;))

You're referring to The Jungle Book replacement show during the whole ROL debacle?

You're referring to The Jungle Book replacement show during the whole ROL debacle?

yuppers! Which, I actually didn't mind but by the time I saw it I knew what to expect - more around the dancing to the music, etc. ... but compared to what was promised for River of Light, it was pretty weak and they got a lot of backlash for it

I assume for this temporary show since they are actively choosing vs being forced to scramble that it would be better than JB: Alive with magic and that they would be able to market it properly and set proper expectations

Another confirmation from Martin at WDWMagic.com - Both UK ride and Brazil pavilion still on, and Brazil to open for 50th celebration.

Need to get shovels going fast to make that timing.....

Do we know where Brazil will be located?

Another confirmation from Martin at WDWMagic.com - Both UK ride and Brazil pavilion still on, and Brazil to open for 50th celebration.

Need to get shovels going fast to make that timing.....

Is UK ride planned to be open for 50th as well?

My DS who will be 5 when we go will not be happy if the train is not there when we go in October!

I told my wife we need to make sure we see Illuminations our next trip (next month) as it might be the last time we get to ... We'll have to remember to take some extra time with the trains as well!

With three parks now having stuff geared towards smaller kids, what if the Brazil pavillion had some type of Amazon themed play-area for kids as the "attraction"? Mom and dad have a caipirinha while the kids play on the monkey bars. Or a water rapid ride starring Iguazu Falls?

Who is Martin? What kind of access does he have? What is his track record?
If you read the first page you can look at that kind of stuff. He is Martin Smith, good friend of imagineering as he does extremely in depth and high quality videos of attractions both current and extinct. I consider Martin to be one of if not the most accurate "insiders" out on the Disney inter webs.

Great that there's more to come before the 50th but they need to get moving with the shovels and I can't see them waiting until D23 next year to announce all this extra stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter