The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could they convert the space that has been used in the past for the Pooh and Tigger meet to a small attraction? Or maybe even for the queue or something?

I actually think we need more outside attractions - just for the visuals as motion fill sup space and brings energy and makes the lands feel more alive (which I feel gets lost when the focus is on indoor attractions)

Good points, as usual. A carousel under the trees could be really lovely. I’m not really familiar with or remembering the area of the meet and greet, so I can’t really comment on that...

Last edited:
I am still not convinced it will be Mary Poppins. Per last report, Mary Poppins was the target, but per Martin at WDWMagic.com that has once again come up for discussion. I know at one point Brave was a target as well.

Per most though, it will be a "B" or "C" ticket ride not a spinner or Merry-go-round. But some type of dark ride.

I have said it multiple times, I would LOVE to see a Sword in the Stone dark ride - boat ride??? Think that "ship ;) " has sailed though.

I too think that a well done merry-go-round would be fun, especially for the small kids.

Good points, as usual. A carousel under the trees could be really lovely. I’m not really familiar or remembering the area of the meet and greet, so I can’t really comment on that...

So for the meet you would enter in the back of the garden area and it would exit into the toy shop:
Pooh meet in UK map.jpg

I did a quick measuring on google maps and the area of that entire section of building is less than 3,000 sq ft - including the gift shop, so likely not enough room for an inside attraction but that could be the queue area for a carousel in the middle of the garden

If not there, not sure where they would put it as you are pretty close to the World Showplace pavilion

As a tangent - I wonder how often Google Maps updates their satellite images. Does anyone know?

NVRMD - A quick GOOGLE search and my question is answered. :rolleyes:They provide updates twice a month, updating only certain areas. A specific place is probably around three years.

I'm surprised we haven't heard more rumors for Epcot. With the amount of work that is supposed to be going on in that park, and yet all seems kinda quiet. I wonder if they are trying to hold back as much info as possible for D23.

I'm surprised we haven't heard more rumors for Epcot. With the amount of work that is supposed to be going on in that park, and yet all seems kinda quiet. I wonder if they are trying to hold back as much info as possible for D23.
Curious what more you are expecting to hear?

We know we are getting Rat, GotG, Space Restaurant(all currently under construction), expected to get UK ride, Brazil Pavilion, update to land and sea and spine (per insiders).

Unless you are wanting Disney confirmation on those last items? Disney did share blue sky artwork on Spine. ...

I will say, I would feel 1000% better if Disney announced WHAT the UK ride was, and Brazil Pavilion.

Curious what more you are expecting to hear?

We know we are getting Rat, GotG, Space Restaurant(all currently under construction), expected to get UK ride, Brazil Pavilion, update to land and sea and spine (per insiders).

Unless you are wanting Disney confirmation on those last items? Disney did share blue sky artwork on Spine. ...

I will say, I would feel 1000% better if Disney announced WHAT the UK ride was, and Brazil Pavilion.

Specifically, some progress on the spine, inovations...update to imagination, update to sea, status of WOL.

Specifically, some progress on the spine, inovations...update to imagination, update to sea, status of WOL.
Ah...
well by last report there are no plans for Imagination, at least nothing close.

WoL really has me curious, they are fixing the roof, and there are rumors of some kind of add...but who knows what that is.

I am still not convinced it will be Mary Poppins. Per last report, Mary Poppins was the target, but per Martin at WDWMagic.com that has once again come up for discussion. I know at one point Brave was a target as well.

Per most though, it will be a "B" or "C" ticket ride not a spinner or Merry-go-round. But some type of dark ride.

I have said it multiple times, I would LOVE to see a Sword in the Stone dark ride - boat ride??? Think that "ship ;) " has sailed though.

I too think that a well done merry-go-round would be fun, especially for the small kids.
wasn't it discussed possibly like the Alice dark ride at a different park?? but different IP?

Honestly you could prob still put in a show building right Next to the UK. Take out the Trees make it go up three stories a dark ride is quite possible. Its also not hard to theme a L shape structure in the UK.

There is actually a decent amount of room on back behind where they are constructing the gondola station that butts right up to the UK pavilion wooded area. I also wouldn't put it past them that while tearing up the area for the station they don't also break ground for the attraction.

However, I believe a carousel with classic "British" Disney characters would be lovely. They could also enclose it, maybe in a glass pavilion like Kew gardens, and maybe do a small garden maze as the queue. It could be very cute and nice and air conditioned.

There is actually a decent amount of room on back behind where they are constructing the gondola station that butts right up to the UK pavilion wooded area. I also wouldn't put it past them that while tearing up the area for the station they don't also break ground for the attraction.

However, I believe a carousel with classic "British" Disney characters would be lovely. They could also enclose it, maybe in a glass pavilion like Kew gardens, and maybe do a small garden maze as the queue. It could be very cute and nice and air conditioned.
While I agree it would be a nice attraction, to add something to World Showcase for the kids...I don't think they would go that route given that they have a Carousel in MK already. I could be wrong, but I think they would try to put something different.

While I agree it would be a nice attraction, to add something to World Showcase for the kids...I don't think they would go that route given that they have a Carousel in MK already. I could be wrong, but I think they would try to put something different.

I think what they put there is going to depend on budget, haggling over IP, and time constraints to get it done. I would love a dark ride. Disney does those better than anyone. But, if they keep delaying due to, what appears to be, a lack of decision making, a dark ride might not be feasible.

I think what they put there is going to depend on budget, haggling over IP, and time constraints to get it done. I would love a dark ride. Disney does those better than anyone. But, if they keep delaying due to, what appears to be, a lack of decision making, a dark ride might not be feasible.
I guess that depends on what their completion date deadline is...Right now, they are moving like there is no hard deadline. We are all assuming its the 50th, but that doesn't necessarily mean Disney is going by that.

I guess that depends on what their completion date deadline is...Right now, they are moving like there is no hard deadline. We are all assuming its the 50th, but that doesn't necessarily mean Disney is going by that.
Per a few insiders, it was to be part of the 50 things for the 50th anniversary

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter