The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The purpose of this thread is to track rumors that are posted on this board and other various places on the Disney interwebs. My hope is this thread will help us look where rumors came from and when and if they became true. This first post will be updated to reflect rumors. I am also open to suggestions on how to improve this thread.

This thread will be color coded.

Dates come from
http://www.wdwthemeparks.com

Green- Rumor that became true

Red- Dead rumor

Blue- New rumor or Rumor updated

Rumors

1. New illuminations or spectacular at Epcot going away from the Millennium theme -
Martin Smith (wdwmagic)
August 29th, 2016

2. Wreck it ralph Attraction in Stitch's Great Escape -
"Magic Feather" (wdwmagic), Martin Smith (wdwmagic)
August 1st, 2016

3. Guardians of the Galaxy at Epcot (Started as Guardians at ToT in DHS) - Ride could close as soon as January according to WDWNT and "Disneyhead'71" (wdwmagic)
"WDW1974" (wdwmagic), Martin Smith (wdwmagic).
March 19th, 2016

4. Mission Space update and fix up-
Martin Smith (wdwmagic), "aaronml" (wdwmagic)
June 29th, 2016

5. DVC at Caribbean Beach-
Jim Hill, "WDW1974” (wdwmagic)
August 23rd, 2014

6. End of Magicband Interactivity?-
WDWNT http://wdwnt.com/blog/2016/09/walt-disney-world-quietly-disables-magicband-interactivity-rides/
September 22nd, 2016

7. Great Movie Ride changes into Mickey Mouse attraction come 2018 using trackless ride system-
"TheVisionarySoul" (wdwmagic), "Lee" (wdwmagic), Martin Smith (wdwmagic)
August 2nd, 2016

Or you could use this site.... http://www.wdwthemeparks.com/

@rteetz Have you heard anything about Imagination closing at Epcot? I know it's an older rumor, but I've been out of commission most of this year, and haven't kept up with my rumors and news! Thanks!

From a DVC owners Facebook group, I've heard there will be a DVC lounge opened in each park, similar to the one in EPCOT. Also, the lounge in EPCOT will remain permanently. Sorry I'm not able to link the source.

From a DVC owners Facebook group, I've heard there will be a DVC lounge opened in each park, similar to the one in EPCOT. Also, the lounge in EPCOT will remain permanently. Sorry I'm not able to link the source.

Oh that would be great ! I was worried it would only be a single year thing and only in EPCOT.

This is tracking what "insiders" are saying. These are the sources that Ryan gets a lot of his info from. Jim Hill, Martin, and many other insiders from around the web.
Yep, there hasn't really been anything new lately on imagination and Martin has said it's not currently part of the major Epcot overhaul.

Just a request - could you possibly swap out the color from blue to something else (Even if just a lighter shade). Might just be my laptop screen paired with the default dark setting, but it's a bit more on the difficult side to read

Just a request - could you possibly swap out the color from blue to something else (Even if just a lighter shade). Might just be my laptop screen paired with the default dark setting, but it's a bit more on the difficult side to read
Interesting. I will see what I can do but I didn't want to go with lighter colors since I think those would be harder for most to read.

Latest expectations on deliver from insider at wdwmagic.
2017 - Avatar, Night Time Parade at MK
2018 - TSL, Shows at DHS (maybe)
2019 - SWL, GMR replacement, SGE replacement (may go into 2020)
2020 - EPCOT addition (s) (not World Showcase), Lengthy refurbs at MK
2021 - Wishes replacement, new addition to MK, potential new World Showcase Country, potential small add to AK, The phase 3 which is not a phase 3 to DHS all to be complete (ha ha) by the 50th.

The discussion did say some of the 2021 may finish in late 2020? As always, a full, unpackaged salt lick is required with these rumored dates. Still, more detail than previously provided.

I will add Martin stated he would expand on this later, he is currently visiting the parks on travel, and another insider stated expect replacements for BatB and VoTLM as this all runs on.

As stated, this if from multiple insiders, so take it all with a grain of salt, but key is to get alot of this work completed prior to 50th anniversary.

2021 - Wishes replacement, new addition to MK, potential new World Showcase Country, potential small add to AK, The phase 3 which is not a phase 3 to DHS all to be complete (ha ha) by the 50th.

The discussion did say some of the 2021 may finish in late 2020? As always, a full, unpackaged salt lick is required with these rumored dates. Still, more detail than previously provided.

I will add Martin stated he would expand on this later, he is currently visiting the parks on travel, and another insider stated expect replacements for BatB and VoTLM as this all runs on.

As stated, this if from multiple insiders, so take it all with a grain of salt, but key is to get alot of this work completed prior to 50th anniversary.

What is "SGE"? It's not coming to me.

Exciting to see all this, disappointing its come to this. I know they added FL2 at MK, but other than that it just seems like the parks have been so stagnant and have even seen so many cut backs over the last few years while prices keep going up. I don't know how to feel. Excited that over the next 5 years hopefully a lot of stuff gets done ? Or, disappointed that its taken this long to get here, and that the next 5 years there may be even less to do with closures, cutbacks, etc.

Guess I will just ahve to take a trip and see how it feels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts