The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OKay, I know some of this is in the news thread, but lets keep this one up to date as well.

Spirit:
Per Spirit, ToT in DHS will get GotG re-skin same as DL.
Also - per spirit - Mavel can and will be used in WDW, and the re-skin of the ToT could be prelude to a Marvel area in DHS. (they have already negotiated, talked this per contract and there are properties that Disney can use.)

Per Martin:
GotG is still going to UoE not yet green lit
Marvel is going to land in EPCOT
EPCOT will go to V.3 with updates in FW and WS, one possible add to WS is Ratatouille in France area - this will happen over next 8 years. Not green lit yet.
GMR is still Mickey ride
Wreckit Ralph is green lit to replace Stitch in MK and will start demo in Jan.

Just to get this bumped back to the front page......

Seems we are in dueling Rumors now at WDW.

Martin still says UoE for GoTG, Spirit still says his sources say ToT in DHS.
Martin says Marvel will eventually land in EPCOT, Spirit thinks there will be a marvel presence in DHS, with GotG being the first part.
Martin says WiR is a go for Stitch, now 1023 is saying he is hearing WiR may be a theme for speedway and some other "rocket" type intro going into Stitch - many are not sure what he meant by Rocket - could this be GotG tie in?

So...I am not sure we know anything more than this, I think as Spirit may be conjecturing that WDW is opening the curtain some to see what the feedback on ideas are, and there isn't anything really locked yet on these ideas.

Oh, and per multiple posts at WDWMagic - Martin is saying WDW SWE will open late 2019, with DL opening Summer.

Just to get this bumped back to the front page......

Seems we are in dueling Rumors now at WDW.

Martin still says UoE for GoTG, Spirit still says his sources say ToT in DHS.
Martin says Marvel will eventually land in EPCOT, Spirit thinks there will be a marvel presence in DHS, with GotG being the first part.
Martin says WiR is a go for Stitch, now 1023 is saying he is hearing WiR may be a theme for speedway and some other "rocket" type intro going into Stitch - many are not sure what he meant by Rocket - could this be GotG tie in?

So...I am not sure we know anything more than this, I think as Spirit may be conjecturing that WDW is opening the curtain some to see what the feedback on ideas are, and there isn't anything really locked yet on these ideas.

Oh, and per multiple posts at WDWMagic - Martin is saying WDW SWE will open late 2019, with DL opening Summer.

Sorry I get a bit confused with the acronyms sometimes ... SWE ? Star Wars Experience ??!?

I will also add, Martin is still pushing the fact there are long term plans for an Epcot update hopefully before the 50th celebration

To me the use of DHS makes more sense... as it would fit better in the "theme" of the park. Repurpose ToT and RnRC... maybe add one other attraction and retheme the dining options and the B&B Show... and poof you have a Marvel "Land". Heck Fantasmic could be changed to a full blown Avengers "battle"....

But I really see no way they can shut down a major attraction at DHS at this point..... so my money would be on just throwing it into EPCOT.

update on rumor supplied by Martin at WDWMagic for Innovations:

Expect new names, severe internal modelling and new cosmetic exteriors. New store in the Mousegear space. Room for Starbucks to get bigger.

A modest expansion to the north west and possibly one to the north east. North west to gain an "expo" feel (not Stark) and Electric Umbrella space consolidated although the kitchen should stay the same, albeit remodelled.

okay something has changed with the Stitch ride. Per Martin and Magicfeather at WDWMagic stitch is still gone but the ride may change and not be wreck it ralph. They have not responded to is WiR dead, or moving elsewhere. Magicfeather was really excited over the change.

okay something has changed with the Stitch ride. Per Martin and Magicfeather at WDWMagic stitch is still gone but the ride may change and not be wreck it ralph. They have not responded to is WiR dead, or moving elsewhere. Magicfeather was really excited over the change.

As long as I know Stitch is gone I can sleep knowing that all is right in the world.

As long as I know Stitch is gone I can sleep knowing that all is right in the world.
As far as I have seen, it is a lock to go. What will replace it is still up in the air. Alot of speculation going around, like this is now part of the revamp for Tomorrow land. Per Martin as of last week or so it was green lit for WiR.

My hope is the rumors of redoing tomorrow land are true and we see an updated ride in stitch and maybe an updated raceway as well

Tomorrowland is a complete mess. Should start by renaming it Discoveryland like in Paris.

Speedway could be re-themed to KiR and the candy cars ect. I have absolutely no idea what IP could fit into that terrible Stitch ride and make sense.

Tomorrowland is a complete mess. Should start by renaming it Discoveryland like in Paris.

Speedway could be re-themed to KiR and the candy cars ect. I have absolutely no idea what IP could fit into that terrible Stitch ride and make sense.
There is a rumor that it will be renamed discoveryland.

There is a rumor that it will be renamed discoveryland.
Renaming a land? That would be huge.

The problem with Tomorrowland is they moved away from it's theme as a futuristic spaceport just to fit in other Disney property attractions.
Some of them are fun attractions, but just ruined the "theme" of the land.

They could still go back to that theme and continue to make the whole area a "TTA" spaceport ... (and tie in Miles from Tomorrowland TV show for an attraction). They could keep the whole "TTA" theme that is prevalent in the People Mover and Space Mountain and Astro Orbiter. (maybe just changing some narration a bit).

But Disney has so many properties now, I don't see them ever making an "original" attraction ever again like Tomorrowland used to have.

Renaming a land? That would be huge.

The problem with Tomorrowland is they moved away from it's theme as a futuristic spaceport just to fit in other Disney property attractions.
Some of them are fun attractions, but just ruined the "theme" of the land.

They could still go back to that theme and continue to make the whole area a "TTA" spaceport ... (and tie in Miles from Tomorrowland TV show for an attraction). They could keep the whole "TTA" theme that is prevalent in the People Mover and Space Mountain and Astro Orbiter. (maybe just changing some narration a bit).

But Disney has so many properties now, I don't see them ever making an "original" attraction ever again like Tomorrowland used to have.
Tomorrowland has been a difficult theme from the start. Everyone has their own definition of futuristic. Back when Walt was alive the future meant flying cars and space travel. What is the future of today? We don't know. It could mean flying cars and space travel still but could mean something completely different.

Okay - fall out from this weekend...

Martin says Micky ride still on to replace GMR, but announcement will not be made any time soon.
Per Chapek - ToT is safe, unless you are a spirit fan, then it will still go GotG.
Epcot to see major changes to the park, in the next 5-8 years.
*Graveyard (LAL) removed
*Total aesthetic re-do and replacement for Innoventions, MouseGear etc.
*Something (probably Marvel- related) in UoE Spot
*WoL getting something - maybe, medium term
*Mission Space- staying the same - not quite
*Test Track- staying the same
*The Seas-Staying the same - maybe not quite
*The Land-Staying the same - refresh and changes
*Imagination-Staying the same (For now) - for now
*World Showcase- Expect more IP-based Attractions.
*RoE Replacement.

Okay - fall out from this weekend...

Martin says Micky ride still on to replace GMR, but announcement will not be made any time soon.
Per Chapek - ToT is safe, unless you are a spirit fan, then it will still go GotG.
Epcot to see major changes to the park, in the next 5-8 years.
*Graveyard (LAL) removed
*Total aesthetic re-do and replacement for Innoventions, MouseGear etc.
*Something (probably Marvel- related) in UoE Spot
*WoL getting something - maybe, medium term
*Mission Space- staying the same - not quite
*Test Track- staying the same
*The Seas-Staying the same - maybe not quite
*The Land-Staying the same - refresh and changes
*Imagination-Staying the same (For now) - for now
*World Showcase- Expect more IP-based Attractions.
*RoE Replacement.

Can you help me out? What are WoL and RoE? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!