The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it is very possible to love the parks without being a big Disney fan if Epcot is a special love and to a lesser degree DHS and AK. I see the Magic Kingdom as being a little more problematic but it otherwise makes sense to me even though I always loved Disney. I used to love Epcot without seeing it as a true Disney park. I don't particularly like it any more but I can still separate it.

@amberpi I love Disney Parks more than I love anything else Disney. Dreamt of visiting DL as a kid after seeing a bunch of specials on TV, and fell in love with it when I first visited at 14yo. My favorite was New Orleans Square... gave me a taste at that age of what the real thing might be like (certainly saw when I went to Mardi Gras that DL didn't quite capture everything NOLA...!). I loved Epcot immediately for the same reason.

Now, having two kids, I DID see movies like Cars and Toy Story on a loop for a number of years... the Disney movies are so much more palatable for adults than much of the other kid-focused entertainment out there, so I was grateful for that. :) It was cool to see Cars come to life at DCA last year, and I am sure TSL will be cute as well. Just as you say Pandora was cool (even though I HATE that movie). But I don't flock to every Disney movie that comes out... I'll see it eventually on TV. My kids are now "too old" to be super into animated films (at the ripe old ages of 10 and 12!!), so that isn't the draw for us. We still just LOVE the parks.

Now... SWGE is ANOTHER ANIMAL altogether! I was in love with SW long before I was in love with Disney Parks. Yes -- I said it! That opening and thereafter will be IN-SANE.

I completely understand you don't need to like a movie to like an attraction or land. I was more or less asking how you are so interesting in Disney if you aren't a fan of children's films. Most of what Disney and Pixar does is children's aimed films. It's all good though. I was just kind of shocked that you hadn't seen toy story.

I'm an iconoclast?

I love the parks...I don't think I've ever suggested I was a huge Disney fan (except to the extent my dad bought me a good bit of stock over the years). I mean I loved the stuff when I was a kid. But my romance with the parks began the first time I walked into Epcot. You might have noticed with my posting about my deep love of the place. It is unusual to have a singular Disney love of just the parks. It also explains why I don't care about characters. They're nice to see, but I don't care personally besides a cool backdrop.

ETA: it is cool to find out all the reasons that brought someone to wdw. In my social set, let's just say that my love for wdw is not often brought up and by no means encouraged. I have a couple of friends who have converted, but largely I endure a good bit of teasing because of it.

Yes, it is very possible to love the parks without being a big Disney fan if Epcot is a special love and to a lesser degree DHS and AK. I see the Magic Kingdom as being a little more problematic but it otherwise makes sense to me even though I always loved Disney. I used to love Epcot without seeing it as a true Disney park. I don't particularly like it any more but I can still separate it.

It's definitely possible (obviously) to love the parks and not the movies - heck, Kathy from the DISUnplugged podcast never really watched any Disney movies but absolutely loves the parks. Even Magic Kingdom is more a representation of an idyllic world/America and a vision of hope for the future - other than Fantasyland the original lands didn't really feature any Disney characters

@amberpi I love Disney Parks more than I love anything else Disney. Dreamt of visiting DL as a kid after seeing a bunch of specials on TV, and fell in love with it when I first visited at 14yo. My favorite was New Orleans Square... gave me a taste at that age of what the real thing might be like (certainly saw when I went to Mardi Gras that DL didn't quite capture everything NOLA...!). I loved Epcot immediately for the same reason.

Now, having two kids, I DID see movies like Cars and Toy Story on a loop for a number of years... the Disney movies are so much more palatable for adults than much of the other kid-focused entertainment out there, so I was grateful for that. :) It was cool to see Cars come to life at DCA last year, and I am sure TSL will be cute as well. Just as you say Pandora was cool (even though I HATE that movie). But I don't flock to every Disney movie that comes out... I'll see it eventually on TV. My kids are now "too old" to be super into animated films (at the ripe old ages of 10 and 12!!), so that isn't the draw for us. We still just LOVE the parks.

Now... SWGE is ANOTHER ANIMAL altogether! I was in love with SW long before I was in love with Disney Parks. Yes -- I said it! That opening and thereafter will be IN-SANE.

SWGE and WDW have to be separate. I love them both, but different...

No. You will likely see things like Star Tours and Launch Bay change but that's about it.
I find it hard to believe that they would stop with these two lands. I still believe that the park would be a half day park (if the anticipated wait times for new lands weren't so long) and they need at least another 3 attractions to keep the park up to date.

I find it hard to believe that they would stop with these two lands. I still believe that the park would be a half day park (if the anticipated wait times for new lands weren't so long) and they need at least another 3 attractions to keep the park up to date.
You won't see a major third land added at least right after Star Wars opens. We will see additional things and changes to shows though.

This, and not just because of the crowds that will come for SWGE. Let's not kid ourselves into thinking these two lands are actual attraction adds, so much as they are net-zero adds, just a change in what was there. More people will go into TSL than perhaps went into the Backlot Tour or whatever was back there, but that doesn't make it a PLUS in terms of capacity. If anything, they're adding things people will want to do without adding actual capacity to the park based on what was open 3-4 years ago.

This, and not just because of the crowds that will come for SWGE. Let's not kid ourselves into thinking these two lands are actual attraction adds, so much as they are net-zero adds, just a change in what was there. More people will go into TSL than perhaps went into the Backlot Tour or whatever was back there, but that doesn't make it a PLUS in terms of capacity. If anything, they're adding things people will want to do without adding actual capacity to the park based on what was open 3-4 years ago.
They are not net zero. We lost two attractions and are gaining 4 at DHS.

Okay, since you want to do this: The tour and the stunt show. THe Pirates show that's been closed over by TSL. HISTK play area. That's four. The Premier Theatre I believe has also been closed. That's 5. Look, these are really cool things coming, but they are actually creating a larger problem in that people will fill up MGM, especially in SWGE and there won't be places to handle the crowds.

Okay, since you want to do this: The tour and the stunt show. THe Pirates show that's been closed over by TSL. HISTK play area. That's four. The Premier Theatre I believe has also been closed. That's 5. Look, these are really cool things coming, but they are actually creating a larger problem in that people will fill up MGM, especially in SWGE and there won't be places to handle the crowds.
The pirate thing closed long before anything was announced for DHS. Plenty had closed over the years at DHS but we only lost two attractions in the areas that are now going to have four. I agree DHS needs more than it's getting but this is all it's getting for now.

Some rumors, take this with a grain of salt.
-Wdwmagic user marni1971 has stated that one of the proposals for The Enchanted Tiki Rooms involves Moana.
-Wdwmagic user Magic Feather is reporting that a replacement for Stitch's Great Escape is still planned for the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World in 2021.

-Wdwmagic user marni1971 has stated that one of the proposals for The Enchanted Tiki Rooms involves Moana.
-Wdwmagic user Magic Feather is reporting that a replacement for Stitch's Great Escape is still planned for the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World in 2021.
Tiki room seems VERY unlikely
Stitch is belivable

I feel they IP-ifyed Tiki Room again I'd rather Moana then the Stitch version I believe Tokyo has

For me, I guess it depends what the end product is ... it seems odd to update the epitome of a classic attraction with such a new IP though

I do agree I prefer Moana to Stitch - I suppose you could have the birds do the intro and then almost do the retelling of the story like the grandmother did in the beginning of Moana but via animatronics and other effects, or something like that

To further this, the original plan for Stitch was a 3D circle theater for Candy Crush for two theaters, but Magic Feather now is totally clueless, or rather WDW is clueless what will go in there now.

as for Moana, don't be so sure this won't happen. Long time ago Spirit stated Tiki was going away, then there were rumors of some Moana attraction in Adventure land - put 2 and 2 together and you may have 4. Not saying this is for sure, but something Moana is going to hit the park....my gut says.

To further this, the original plan for Stitch was a 3D circle theater for Candy Crush for two theaters, but Magic Feather now is totally clueless, or rather WDW is clueless what will go in there now.

as for Moana, don't be so sure this won't happen. Long time ago Spirit stated Tiki was going away, then there were rumors of some Moana attraction in Adventure land - put 2 and 2 together and you may have 4. Not saying this is for sure, but something Moana is going to hit the park....my gut says.

I have to say this is an exciting time to be a Disney Parks fan because a lot of new things will be in the parks by WDW 50th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter